Beaute de Kose Star Twinkle Collection

As you read in my prior blog one of my packages was lost for a few days! A majority of what was in the package wasn’t of much importance however these little gems were in that package and had me crying tears of joy when it finally popped back to me!

Avast Ye! Behold! This be the treasure that was lost at sea!

Picture+175

Beaute de Kose Star Twinkle Collection
untitled

Star Twinkle Powder
Picture+176

Picture+177

Umm..nothing to get too excited about here! Where’s the sparkle? The shimmer? The glitter? The shine? Did they make some sort of mistake? Was it lost with the package? The powder, as far as I can see and feel, has absolutely no sparkle to it at all! The twinkle has left the building. I’m seeing nothing in the way of glitter here! I’ve only swiped it very lightly but I can say confidently this may very well be a waste of money but it sure is pretty to look at isn’t it? Did I just contradict myself? Oops! This is a first impression but so far I’m a bit disappointed!

The collection isn’t a total lost because I also got the Twinkle Cream shadows and these are fantastic! Bloody brilliant! Tons of shimmer, sparkle, and glittery bits are to be had! As I said before I don’t do cream shadows! But these come with my highest recommendation! The Muse loves ‘em! She not only loves what’s inside but she’s loving the outside as well! The packaging is as sweet as candy!

Picture+183

Picture+184

Picture+185

Picture+178

Picture+179

Picture+180

Picture+181

Picture+182

Personally if you’re a collector I’d go for the entire lot but if you’re just wanting to get one or two I’d go with the cream shadows and skip the powder! The purple and peach are nice colors but the real pudding is the gold, pink, and silver colors!

• 8/24/07 2:30 ?~Erusa~?:

Kiaaa~~~~!!

The cream eyeshadows are so cuteeee~~~~!!

(**)

• 8/24/07 7:15 A-Mused:

hehehe!

Agreed! I love ‘em!

• 8/24/07 11:57 mag:

I love the Eye Fantasists. I use mine almost every day!~

These are so, so pretty. I can’t wait till they get here! :D

• 8/24/07 13:35 A-Mused:

These are my first now I want some of the standard colors in the regular line!

Yay!

Tell me what you think when you get ‘em mag!

Hugs!

• 8/24/07 19:11 Beauty Anonymous:

Hello, a-mused,

The eye fantasist is really awesome! Probably the best cream shadow I have ever had.

I have it in pink, purple and white. I personally think Beaute de Kose does a good job on creating these beaituful eye colors. For me, they look just enough shimmery, but not so overly glittery. These light-color cream shadows also help pop up the darker shades.

I love it!

• 8/26/07 8:16 A-Mused:

Great review Beauty ;) and I agree on all accounts. Beaute de Kose is one of my fav japanese brands! They really do some nice items!

Thanks for the comment and for visiting ;)

• 8/26/07 20:28 petitez:

So glad u got them! Luckily they were not lost! Ok. After reading your review, I shall check them out when they come! :) U’re causing too much lemmings!!!! :P

• 8/26/07 21:07 A-Mused:

gosh was I relieved!

You’re gonnna love ‘em! They are really nice! Nicer than the regular colors in my opinion!

lem lem lem! ;)

• 2/18/08 10:17 Anonymous:

How much did they retail for?

• 2/18/08 10:27 the Muse:

um good question anonymous! I can’t recall! The original line up costs 2650 yen so these were LE and I’d say maybe 3000 yen or so!

I can’t remember what I paid just a rough estimate!

hope this helps lovie!

• 12/30/09 15:42 suz:

hey,

where did you get those? I would love to get them..they are so beautiful!!

• 1/4/10 21:29 the Muse:

hi suz I got these from Japan directly. Sadly they were LE so you won’t be able to pick them up anymore, the review you’re reading is pretty old :) Beaute de Kose does make a similar eye cream though but again only in Japan but you can buy online at various shops but prices are WAY higher than the Japanese retail price. If you’d like a list of online shops just look up my Japanese buying guide which gives some good hints for Japanese Cosmetic Shopping!

Cheers!

• 1/5/10 8:29 suz:

yeah I noticed… but I had to comment…lol since am so jealous you got those!!! thanks. I’ll look at them!! Japan needs to cater to me now damn it!!! XD

• 1/5/10 8:40 the Muse:

haha suz and me please. It’s such a pain having to get them abroad, wish the US would start carrying Japanese brands :-D

• 1/5/10 11:05 suz:

I know and then I would have to buy products online…I want…to try their eyeshadows like crazy since I havent tried theirs and they look so beautiful…..*am always around if you don’t want dsome of yours…sharing is caring lol*

• 1/15/10 12:04 the Muse:

I really love BdK on a whole suz they have such elegant makeup pieces :-D LOL wanna come over and play!?