Bobbi Brown Burnt Sugar Metallic Palette FOTD

One of the Muse’s readers and mates, Taryn, requested I do an FOTD with one of the new Bobbi Brown Palettes.

Taryn, this one’s for you! Hope you like it! You need these palette girlie (Wait did you get a few of these already? Can’t remember eep!)!

Cheers!

Picture+008

Picture+009

Picture+010

Picture+003

Picture+004

What I used:
Bobbi Brown Burnt Sugar Metallic Palette
KATE Gel Mascara
KATE Primer

Mini Review:

I originally wrote a first impression about the palettes when I purchased them a week or so ago. I based this review solely on swatches I did and just viewing the palette by eye. I’ve finally dug in and used Burnt Sugar today so here’s a mini review after using the palette.

My original post I had spoken about how the MA said the fall out was a major problem with these however I experienced almost no fall out! Originally the colors looked super shimmery, which of course leads to major fall out, however I experience no such problem during application this morning! Any fall out on my face in the pictures (I always have a severely hard time clearing up fall out!) is strictly from the Excel Single shadow that I used for a highbrow highlighter none of it was from the Burnt Sugar shadows!

The palette isn’t as shimmery as I originally thought! I really have no word for the texture of these shadows. I read on someone’s blog (*blush* I forgot who’s otherwise I’d properly credit whoever it was) that the shadows almost feel creamy in texture and I think that pretty much sums up how they feel for me. It’s almost as if the shadow is a cream and a powder in one. The powder is very thick and I’m curious how they’d look if I used a mixing medium to thin them out (If wet will they take on a Metallic look? Hmmmm something to try!).

Blending is a snap with these and the colors are highly pigmented as promised by the MA I purchased these from. You don’t need much of the color to work with, a quick swipe of your brush will pick up plenty of color!

Personally I think Burnt Sugar gives a bit of a conservative look, for me anyway, as you know I’m one for bolder colors! However, I really do like the look these created, it’s very natural, soft, and of course very Fall/Autumn.

Overall I like these and I experienced none of the drama I had with the Sand and Surf Palette! Yay Bobbi Brown! Keep palettes like this coming and I’ll be back for more!

• 9/12/07 8:33 petitez:

Looks like Burnt Sugar gives a nice natural look! Can I request for a FOTD using Forest?? *please?* :)

• 9/12/07 8:39 A-Mused:

but of course ;)

I’ll aim for it tomorrow Pets!

;)

Hugs!

• 9/12/07 8:57 Heather Mary:

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

• 9/12/07 9:05 A-Mused:

AW thanks *blush*

• 9/12/07 20:10 Ann the Queen:

oh definitely gorgeous!
    it really gives you the fall look.

pls do the forest FOTD!
    im curious how the green would turn out.

• 9/14/07 6:35 Anonymous:

erm and jump on the bandwagon and midnightblues soon as well! heehee!

burnt sugar gives such a nautral nude loook, hmm, quite unexpected.

• 9/14/07 6:44 A-Mused:

yay! tell me what ya think when you get it.

burnt sugar does. And strangely I thought I had done something wrong but when I was viewing the website last night I noticed that my burnt sugar application and the one on the model are identical. As in blending and application!

The look came out almost exactly the same and I wasn’t even TRYING to copy it.

When I applied I was thinking how very neutral it came out and how my eyes weren’t exactly popping but upon studying the model again I guess that’s how it’s supposed to look!

Not that I mind! It’s interesting to have a more neutral look sometimes and this is definately nice and drama free ;)

• 9/14/07 23:04 Anonymous:

hi, did you use alll three colors? can you give a breakdown on the application? many thanks!
    it looks like a cool brown neutral sexy nude. very nice testure indeed!urgh backward asia is still waiting for them metallics!

• 9/15/07 4:26 hui:

babe~!!

oh this is so pretty… the whole look is so radiant and yet so natural!! gosh… Bobbi Brown should make you one of their model faces for this palette! i love it!!

will be looking out for the Forest fotd as well! heehee!!

• 9/15/07 17:09 Taryn:

I don’t know how I missed this post! I love the colors on you and they really look very fall-ish and warm. I’m dying to get one of these (haven’t yet) but am trying to resist, but after seeing this, I will probably break down.

My wallet cries because of your blog, Muse! :P

Taryn

• 9/17/07 1:46 A-Mused:

Anonymous:

These have a very different, unique texture! Think you’ll love them when they do finally arrive :)

I used the lightest shade all over my lid and crease, the darker shade in my crease, and the medium shade in the v of my eye and bottom lash line :) Hope this helps!

hui: lol! thanks babe! I love you! I don’t feel very model like ;) best compliment ever *kiss*

I’ll be doing forest green shortly ;-)

taryn: hey girlie! very nice and warm and fall! thanks!

lol!!!!! I aim to enable ;-)
    Hugs!

• 11/14/07 6:48 Linn:

Just had to tell you that I love the necklace and the blouse! Looks great on you, and the hairband is like a yummy chocolate piece just waiting to be eaten…watch out! ;)

*hugs the Muse in chocolaty joy*

• 11/14/07 11:06 the Muse:

LOL Linn *tight hugs*

Thanks! Your comments light up my blog!

Many many many thanks for always making me feel good about myself!