Bobbi Brown Forest Metallics FOTD

Gosh after a LONG time I finally got around to doing the FOTD that was requested when I originally purchased the Bobbi Brown Forest Metallics palette!

You can see my prior FOTD (and review) using the Burnt Sugar Metallics Palette by clicking here.

You can see my first impressions about the palettes by clicking over here.

Ok….I hadn’t yet used this palette until this morning and I have to give everyone a fair warning if you haven’t used yours or if you are about to purchase this. The warning is this is a very, very, very, very dark palette. Obviously when you see the palette you’ll notice how dark the greens are but they go on even darker and it’s a bit of a challenge to create a look with this! Not to say I don’t love the palette, I most certainly do, however it is a bit hard to work with as the colors are difficult to blend correctly without the entire look looking BLACK. So a word to the wise prior to using or buying this practice caution with your application icon wink

Picture+102 400x300

Picture+115 400x300

What I Used:
Bobbi Brown Forest Metallics Palette
MAC Technakohl in Jade Way
KATE Gel Mascara
KATE Mascara Primer
Kiss Passion New York Division Eye Nuance in 08
MAC Technakohl in Black
Bare Escentuals Glimmer in Lime
Sana Egopri Silver Glitter Mascara Overcoat

• 10/16/07 18:18 Taryn:

I love it! It looks so dramatic and is a great contrast with your coloring.

What color lipstick/gloss is that? It looks similar to Black Honey.

Now you have me seriously wanting that Forest palette… :-0

• 10/16/07 18:44 the Muse:

Thanks ;) You’re a doll!

that’s actually some lip stain from UD in envious and some shu
    Gloss Lacquer in Radical Fuchsia (stuff is like crack for the lips! love it)!

The palette is awesome but damn it’s a challenge to apply. Holy cow it gave me major trouble. I have quite a hard hand when applying and this is something you really need to be delicate with otherwise you look like you have a big blob of black shadow on!

Great palette though for sure!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the sweet compliments *hug*

• 10/16/07 18:44 Ann the Queen:

the effect was a little different from what i expected.

maybe i should just get only the burnt sugar palette!

• 10/16/07 18:46 the Muse:

agreed ann.

I was expecting more drama! how about you?

I tivo’ed bobbi brown on QVC sunday night? And I watched some of it today and she was applying these to a model and boy it looked so boring.

She was using her finger tips and just applying a really light wash of color than she was saying the best way to use the darkest shade was to line your eyes with it.

I was sitting there thinking um $45 per a palette and I’m going to use the dark shade to line my eyes? What the hell.

I do love the palette but I expected a more dramatic look and something that looked a bit more eyepopping green!

• 10/17/07 4:11 Ann the Queen:

i was expecting the green to really stand out! oh wells! my pocket is now saved from the $72!

p.s. yes it cost freaking $72 for each palette!

• 10/17/07 4:29 Anonymous:

I like your new page lots of contrast, love whatever makeup you wear regardless, I love you izzy xox

• 10/17/07 8:15 the Muse:

eep $72 per a palette yak!

It doesn’t pop that much so you definitely save some cash by not buying it ;)

I do love it but I too, expected it to be a bit more WOW!

• 10/18/07 7:41 petitez:

Gosh! Forest isn’t what I expected it to be! Too dark for me… But hey, money saved! :P

• 10/18/07 7:42 the Muse:

I know..it just didn’t pop! Maybe if I use a heavier hand with this but I’m worried it’ll make me look bruised!

• 10/19/07 10:02 petitez:

I think if you use a heavier hand, it’ll end up creating a smokey eye effect…

• 10/20/07 21:44 the Muse:

I’ll try with a heavier hand ;)

See how it comes out!