Posts From April 2008
I check up on Bath and Body Works
daily to see if any new Temptations have been released and during my regular visit I noticed they had a new line available. I could be wrong but maybe this new line will be replacing the regular Temptation Collection that we’ve been seeing for the past few years!
The new collection is entitled Hello Sugar! and looks very promising. I’m hoping that this smells like a sweetened, fruity, sour combination of lemon and sugar but I’m fearful this will be some sort of Fresh Lemon Sugar dupe (not that I don’t love Fresh Lemon but something different would be lovely) I’m very much in favor of the fruity, sweet version please!
The collection includes a three in one shower gel, a body spray, a shimmer body lotion, a body meringue, and a lipgloss. It’s only available in the Hello Sugar! fragrance but I’m hopeful they’ll extend the line to include other scents! I love the Tempation line but I don’t mind seeing something new like this pop up either!
Wanna try it?
Tell the Muse!
Click to read about my review on the Fall and Winter Temptations Collection from Bath and Body Works!
Click here to discover a review on Bath and Body Works Sassy Strawberry Three in One Shower Gel!
Click here to see a sneak peek of Bath and Body Works Spring Collection 2008!
Click here to see some of the Holiday Temptations Collection from Bath and Body Works this past season!
Last week I was discussing Fasio with a reader and wanted to do a really brief entry about it. The reason I’m bringing this up is because I wanted to show the Fasio Shower Glitter Eye Palettes off a bit.
I don’t personally own them and from what I understand they aren’t so fabulous but they do appear quite interesting and I think I may pick up one or two just for the sake of trying them out for myself.
Fasio is a sub-brand of Kose and probably my least favorite brand that Kose puts out. I’m not entirely a fan of the mascara even though it has a cult base of followers that really adore it. I personally find the mascara has way too many fibers and I’m not a lover of fiber mascaras!
Anyway this post can veer to the entire line and I want to simply show off the Glitter Shower Eyes that are available from Kose.
And here we go:
Available Color Selections:
As you can see the palette is a typical affair of liner, base, and two contrasting shades of eyeshadow. I’m dead curious about these!
Anyone try ‘em?
Prestige Cosmetics is a low end makeup that’s available in a few drugstores stateside. You may or may not be privy to this line of cosmetics.
Recently while purchasing my Milani Wet/Dry Eyeshadow haul I came across the Prestige Skin Loving Minerals display. The display had quads of eyeshadows and a few blushes. I think I was blindsided by all the pretty swirls in the blush because I ended up purchasing one.
The packaging was nice enough. The blush came in a pretty simple yet nice clear compact. The cost was pretty nice as well at $6.49 USD. And the blush appeared to be pigmented enough! The bright beautiful pink with swirls of gold really got me excited.
But that’s about all the pros of the product because quality is absolute garbage. I can’t believe it’s legal to sell trash like this. The blush is not pigmented at all! It’s silky enough but when you apply it basically appears as if you are using a translucent powder or something! You get NO color at all from the blush!
This is when Beauty on a Budget goes terribly wrong!
I seriously can’t help but whine that I lost $6.49 plus tax on such a trashy product! Total rant but seriously it was like flushing money down the toilet!
See? Now you know why I stay away from drugstore cosmetics!
A fair warning if you walk into your local drugstore and are wow’ed by the gorgeous display of Prestige Skin Loving Minerals! Don’t buy! Keep away! They may look pretty but they seriously are not worth your hard earned cash!
The Muse says don’t buy these!
The beautiful Kia from Yummy411 has tagged the Muse to spill some Random Facts About Me that you may or may not already know!
I’ve been tagged before but I failed to come through on it. EEP! Sorry whoever tagged me before! I’m terrible at these little games!
Ok so six things you may not know about me.
1. I have two small teacup Chihuahua a la Paris Hilton hehe! They are my kids, my babies. I love them silly!
2. I love Zombies. George Romero is my hero. I collect all sorts of strange films featuring zombies. Stuff you may have never heard of. Budget films, crazy grindhouse movies, etc…anything that features zombies and I’m all over it!
3. I’ve traveled quite a bit! I sincerely love traveling and I’ve done my fair share of it in my 30 years. I go to England at least once a year, I’ve been to Japan, Thailand, All over the Islands, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Tons of US States (Illinois, Florida, California, Nevada, Texas, Hawaii, Maine, Louisiana, etc…etc…etc….)…I’m sure I’m missing some! Since I mentioned places I’ve been I should mention places I am dying to go too those would be Egypt, Singapore, Korea, Washington State, Australia, India, etc….etc…! My family used to spend entire Summers in Europe every year and it gave me a great love of being abroad and just enjoying visiting new places!
4. I’m extremely geeky. If you think makeup is my passion you’d be wrong. I’m more of a geek than a makeup lover. I go to Sci/Fi Conventions, Computer Conventions, I’m a trekkie type. I enjoy anything and everything that has to do with the geeky world of science and computers.
5. I am not a makeup artist, I do not work in the makeup or fashion industry, and I do not possess a pro card. I can’t tell you how many times I get asked that
6. I have one older sister whom I get on with famously. We are not only sisters but the best of friends as well. She’s actually 12 years older then me but it never feels that way! We are always like two little kids, giggling constantly, etc…!
That’s it. And it was kinda hard trying to figure out six things you may not already know about me!
My comment box is open! Tell me six things I don’t know about YOU!
Lilan from The Daily Cookie contributes to The Beauty Ideal web magazine this month and gives you the skinny on lip plumpers!
Find out why HoT Scent Boutique body scrub is now a top fave for Casual Lavish.
A Mom in Red High Heels tries a cosmetic line that leaves her looking and feeling less than perfect. Find out which products she won’t be trying again.
Makeup2Beauty shares tips on how to wearsilver and gray eyeshadow. And shows you how you can try on your favorite stars “Hollywood Hair Styles”.
Beauty’s Spot has the secret on Clarisonic by mailorder!
Mischo Beauty has a fabulous reader who wrote in to share why she loves Sunsilk�s De-Frizz 24/7 Cr�me.
The Beauty of Life hearkens back to her childhood with Bonne Bell LipSmackers. Check out her favorites!
Budget Beauty Love shares her thoughts on a makeup book full of eyeshadow inspiration.
Christine from Beauty in Real Life, gives us the lowdown on her favorite perfume. Can you guess what it is?
Joy from Makeup Junkie is doing a Three Custom Color Specialists Promo for April! Don’t forget to check it out and check out her new online store Makeup Junkie Online Beauty Shop!
Monique at beauty girl musings recalls…and still continues today
Toya from The Life of A Ladybug tries 100% Pure Cosmetics – with real fruit pigments!
Daily Dose of Coffee finally finds a drugstore brand that she not only likes but recommends!