MAC Neo Sci-Fi FOTD

I reviewed MAC Neo Sci-Fi yesterday, finally! If you read my review you probably noticed I wasn’t too keen on X-Rocks.

I decided to crack it open and do an FOTD to see if it was me. Its not too bad but I don’t completely love the look I created using it. You definately need a really light hand when using it otherwise it looks like you have mud on your face especially for medium-fair skin like my own!

What I Used:

Cheeks
MAC Blush in X-Rocks

Eyes
MAC Eye Shadow in Femme-Fi
MAC Eye Shadow in Expensive Pink
Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara

Lips
MAC Lipglass in Soft & Slow

Picture+005 400x300

Picture+010 400x300

I personally think I look like I stayed out in the sun too long!

• 7/10/08 8:46 PaoPao:

Hey, you finally got Soft & Slow! So you like it? (I’m wearing it right now)

• 7/10/08 8:47 Nosh:

Wow!! That is some SUPER blush! :D But I think the color looks sooo pretty on you! I am especially loving the expensive pink eyeshadow from this collection, though. I might pick it up when I get a chance, as I understand it’s a permanent color?

• 7/10/08 9:15 the Muse:

Dude it’s awesome! You’re a gem for rec’ing it! I love it! It’s really fantastic on ;)

• 7/10/08 9:18 Tammy M:

Soft & Slow is the only lg I got from that collection and I LOVE it!

As for the blush, I think it is a very pretty color, but just a little too intense for you… It makes you look a little too flushed…

• 7/10/08 9:19 the Muse:

Hey Nosh!

Aw thanks you’re awesome for my ego ;)

Expensive Pink is a regular catalog color. They just slapped it in the nice neon packaging for Summer ;)

So you can pick it up whenever you like! But of course get it now if you like the special packaging ;)

It’s really gorgeous!

• 7/10/08 9:20 the Muse:

hey tammy!

Soft and slow is really gorgeous. I didn’t pick it up at first purchase but I’m glad I went back. It looks blah in the tube but pops on!

I agree. It makes me look like I was sitting in the sun too long :P

• 7/10/08 9:47 Anonymous:

The all over face shimmer looks very bad and scary and reminds of a 5 y.o girl make up.
    Bobby Brown palette looks is uncomparably better and quality like.
    Muse please dont do to your face what you have done with this MAC look.
    Its just way too weird,shiny and funny.

• 7/10/08 10:02 the Muse:

ouch anonymous. I didn’t think it looked that bad. Comparing it to a 5 year’s old make is a tad bit harsh.

Thanks for enjoying the BB Fotd I appreciate it but chances are you’ll see many more MAC looks as I MAC is a fav brand of mine.

I wasn’t thinking it was looking weird or funny. Just appeared to look like I spent too long in the sun.

hehe no offense but I am a human behind the screen here so your comment, as helpful as you think it is, is a bit harsh.

• 7/11/08 6:43 Chica:

Hey musey :)
    Ouch – to anon , that’s really harsh!
    I think it’s just too glittery and bright for your complexion, it doesn’t look awful, I just prefer other blushes you have – or maybe it’d look less glittery if you did neutral/nudey type eyes?
    Not sure – I don’t think it’s a dead loss, just need to experiment :D
    Love your posts, as always x x

• 7/11/08 8:18 the Muse:

hey chica.

Aw thanks! It’s actually not as glittery as the pic ;) When I crop the image and resize it somehow takes on a really intense shimmery effect ;)

Thanks chica ;) You’re a doll! Appreciate the feedback and recs to approve the look!

Love ya!