MAC Pro Neon Pigments

in MAC
neonpigments 390

MAC Pro has released six shades of matte, neon pigments. I find this very interesting and have a lemming for a few colors.

Have you seen these?

Gorgeous!

Must have! *drool*

• 7/9/08 7:06 *Jen*:

I played with these during my last two visits to MAC Pro and they were definitely hot!

Not too wearable for me since I’ve decided to forego doing so many bright and crazy colors, but still very unique and definitely a must have for any pigment collector.

Actually they all swatched pretty and weren’t nearly as scary as you’d expect.

• 7/9/08 8:37 the Muse:

they look sincerely amazing!

I think I need ‘em too. Are these LE?????

Jen you’re in New York right? We should shop.

=-)

• 7/9/08 11:04 Pauline:

I wanted these SO bad at first and then when I tried them at the store, they were so chalky :( Hopefully they will work for you. Love your blog!

• 7/9/08 11:54 the Muse:

yak! lemming killed pauline hehe!

I’m debating if I need these or not ;)

Aw thanks! Glad you enjoy my little blog!

hope to speak to you again soon!

• 7/9/08 16:07 *Jen*:

izzy i definitely agree with pauline on the chalky factor! i think mac was going for the whole neon/super-matte finish with these and unfortunately that meeans a good deal of chalkiness with these piggies.

i forgive for the lack of e-mail responses ;) i’ve only now begun to realize how blog-related e-mail can definitely fall between the cracks and sometimes get lost in the shuffle!

yes i’m in ny (well nj but spend most of my time in ny). once i pass my bar we should have a celebratory cosmetics shopping trip! maybe someday there will be a musings reader meet-up! :)

• 7/9/08 21:42 sarahPUFFY:

I wonder if they’d be chalky or not. But I’ve been looking for a true orange and true yellow shadow for ages. Could be worth it.

• 7/9/08 22:19 Jacqueline:

I have 3 of them and they are just okay. I’m not a big fan of how they apply, but they are pretty!

• 7/10/08 2:33 sarahPUFFY:

SWATCHES:

• 7/10/08 2:38 sarahPUFFY:

whoops, hate to leave another cmmt but these things are NOT eye safe. WTF WHY MAKE NEON PIGMENTS IF THEY ARENT FUCKING EYE SAFE MAC? bastards.

okay thats all. :D

• 7/10/08 8:54 the Muse:

Morning Jen!

YAK! No likey!

I think most of the matte piggies are chalky. I have primary yellow, sky blue, and pink and they are all really gross.

Wow jen you’ve no idea how hard it is to deal with not only pr emails but emails from users as well! I wanna talk to each of you so badly (especially folk like you) but sometimes I get swamped to say the least. it’s difficult to pump out quality content, answer comments, plus take care of email. it’s like a 2nd job ;)

I will reply don’t worry hehe!

I’d love it! We should see if we can get Adina too and we can all head to nordies for color forums release!

The Muse takes Manhattan! that would be a really cool blog post with us all together :)

• 7/10/08 8:55 the Muse:

morning sarah!

Chalky is the verdict at the moment :(

I have primary yellow piggie if you want some let me know!

• 7/10/08 8:56 the Muse:

morning Jacqueline!

Darn! might have to skip with all the bad reviews so far. I have a few of the matte piggies and I firgured that these might be not so great if those are anything to go by! buying small decants might be the solution for me ;)

Thanks for the comment!

• 7/10/08 8:57 the Muse:

thanks sarah! I actually seen these ;) Cool beans though as whoever reads the comments has the resource ;)

• 7/10/08 8:58 the Muse:

hey sarah!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t hear that! Jesus so dumb!!!!! That makes sense! What the hell are we supposed to use ‘em for then!?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• 7/10/08 15:36 sarahPUFFY:

que chevere! how much would you want for some? I have $6 in my wallet right now, LOL.

and yes its SO damn dumb! I was actually getting kind of excited until I heard it wasnt eye safe. pissed me off! some of em arent even lip safe! >.< !!!!

• 7/11/08 8:30 the Muse:

LOL!

A buck, fifty!

I didn’t hear this where’d you read it?
    You know people are going to use ‘em anyway on the eye :P

• 7/11/08 16:02 sarahPUFFY:

LOL, I can def pay that. XD

and it was on Specktra! one girl even said she’s been using them for eyeliner even though she knows they aren’t eye safe. damn girl is gonna go blind! XD

• 7/15/08 10:42 the Muse:

LOL me too *digs for loose change*

holy cow I wouldn’t. I’d be scared I’d lose an eye knowing my luck lmao!

• 7/17/08 8:17 sarahPUFFY:

with what happened last month for all I know I’d be allergic! ack! silly little woman. that orange may look hot on her but its just not worth it ;-;

• 7/18/08 13:32 the Muse:

dude people will do anything in the name of beauty lol!