marimekko for Avon Eyeshadow Palette Review

Yet again Avon has stepped up it’s game with the Limited Edition marimekko for Avon Collection. marimekko famous floral motif is now available in cosmetic compact format with this new collection from Avon. I’m thrilled to bits that I got a chance to test out one of the two available eyeshadow palettes from this new line up.

Picture+257

Picture+258

Picture+259

The collection consists of two face powder compacts and two eyeshadow palettes each of which sports a cute floral design that makes each compact both unique and kawaii! The Muse likey!

PROD 1057034 XL

PROD 1057035 XL

I got my shadow compact in the mail last night and I promptly went online and ordered a shadow compact and a blush compact for my mate Iris from Rouge Deluxe because I know she’ll feel the same way about these as I do! They are just too cute! You know I’m impressed with something when I’m ordering it to gift to friends!

I got my palette in Poppy Bouquet which contains an array of cool shades. One of the dominant shades in the palette is a shimmering navy blue which I was slightly scared of as blues aren’t so easy to pull off. However, I was delighted to see that the color is quite soft and completely wearable! The other shades in the palette are a softer grayish white and a pinkish lilac. The shades all work well together to create a rather soft, fresh eye look. I was impressed with the silky, shimmering texture of the shadows which offer decent color payoff while not over doing it! The colors in the palette are of medium pigmentation but can easily be built up for deeper color pay off or with a lighter hand you can easily create a softer look.

Picture+260

Picture+261

Picture+264

Picture+265

The palette is a tad unconventional because of the floral motif design. The floral design is separated by an empty black, plastic divider which makes it difficult to fit your brush or sponge applicator into the powder to grab up color however with the the floral design so gorgeous you’ll soon forget any inconvenience of application!

In times of a failing economy, options of inexpensive makeup become a necessity for many of us and Avon offers these palettes at a brilliant price! Each eye palette is $8 USD and each face palette is $10 USD. You can’t beat the price for such a cute little palette!

The Muse digs ‘em and approves ‘em for purchase!

musegold

Check out the marimekko for Avon Eye Shadow Palettes and marimekko for Avon All Over Face Palette.

Want ‘em?

Love ‘em?

What are your favorite Avon finds?

Tell the Muse!

museotherposts

Jillian Dempsey For Avon Horizon Blush Review

Cynthia Rowley for Avon Review

• 9/16/08 9:48 Glow Chaser:

OMG!!!! I am a real Marimekko Fan!!

This is adorable!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 9/16/08 9:52 Dao:

I saw these palettes online and wondered what the black thing is made of. Turns out it’s just plastic :D

Thanks for reviewing them Muse! They look so cute!

• 9/16/08 11:01 the Muse:

hi Glow Chaser!

LOL you’ll want these then :) Cutes aren’t they!?

• 9/16/08 11:02 the Muse:

hi dao!

it is indeed sorta a plastic divider..it makes it difficult to apply but the design is so cute I don’t mind to much :)

You’re most welcome!!!!! MWAH!

• 9/16/08 11:34 pinkcrow:

So cute! I remember when these were announced, then they fell off my radar. Is the glitter an overspray or is it all the way through? Is the blue iridescent? Thanks for swatching these!

• 9/16/08 11:45 Decorative Diva:

Poppy Bouquet is very pretty, and wow, so affordable.

• 9/16/08 11:52 beautyaddict1one1:

So cute but i’m not a big fan of Avon

• 9/16/08 11:55 the Muse:

hi pinkcrow!

They kinda fell off my radar too and I never indulged but now I wants the rest lol!

The blue is kinda sorta iridescent and the shimmer appears to be straight through but it’s not overwhelming just nice and sheer :)

Hope this helps ya!

• 9/16/08 11:56 the Muse:

hey dd!

Very :) I love that they are inexpensive ;-) and cutes!

• 9/16/08 11:58 the Muse:

‘ello beautyaddict1one1!

Missed you around here :)

Me either but I do dig the really cute stuff they release lately :)

• 9/16/08 20:53 Ann*:

marimekko!!! my favourite designer!!! *drools then screams* really cute palettes.

• 9/16/08 21:32 Haru:

Dear Izzy,

Aww, that’s too sweet of you! By the way, how did you find the Korean items that I sent you? I can’t remember the name of the brand now, silly me!

Did you see the new UD Book of Shadows on Sephora.com? It’s to-die-for. Can’t wait to see you review it!

• 9/17/08 4:34 wen:

GAH!
    these are so cute!!
    the pink poppy bouquet is so kawaiiiiii!!!

but no avon here =(

bah.

• 9/17/08 8:51 the Muse:

hi ann!

LOL :) Aren’t they adorable?

• 9/17/08 8:52 the Muse:

hey iris!

Oh lord I’ve been meaning to email you. I sent a thank you ecard did you get it? I didn’t get confirmation you opened it so wasn’t sure. Do forgive me dear. I LOVED the items :) the powders are so me and the blushes..too cutes!!!!!!

I did and will review shortly *wink* Want me to pick any of it up for you? Let me know!

• 9/17/08 14:08 Tammy M:

Beautiful!!! I might get all of these just to have something pretty to look at…I love the design!!!

• 9/17/08 18:31 Haru:

Hey Izzy!

Glad to hear that you liked the items I sent you! I didn’t get the notification of the e-card you sent me, darn! Hotmail is wonky that way sometimes. It’s most annoying!

Looking forward to your review of the Book of Shadows! I’m still trying to resist it :-)

• 9/18/08 7:24 Bjooti:

They look fantastic.

• 9/18/08 9:45 the Muse:

hey tammy add these do your avon list lol!

*listens*

yup the wall is still screaming!

• 9/18/08 9:48 the Muse:

hi iris!!!!

I always love anthing you send my way *hugs* We have identical tastes in makeup :)

hm that’s strange. I meant to send a regular card anyway and a longer email. I’ve just been nutty lately!

Ohhh me too me too! Hotmail is NUTS! Jonny used to send emails to my hotmail account and I’d never get any of it. I rarely use the hotmail one after starting Musings I just kept on with my gmail one but I do occasionally use the hotmail too but it’s been such a pain I rarely bother :P

LOL I hear that :) It’s gorgeous! I have all the colors but I still want it. naughty I know. ff 20 is soon so if you want anything at all tell me :)

Hugs!