Art Deco Holiday Collection 2008: Art Deco Glamour Avantgarde

The new Art Deco Holiday Collection entitled Glamour Avantgarde has launched on the Art Deco website. It all looks rather stunning and the Muse feels quite a bit of excitement over all the gorgeous goodies!

art+deco+cosmetics

Where as many collections concentrate on either a gold or a silver look for the holidays, Art Deco took it a step further and introduced both gold and silver to create a stunning, contrasting, shimmering look that totally appeals to this Muse! I do think I might splurge out on a majority of this collect as I truly can’t resist the shimmer and just the overall chic, elegant feel of it. The stars of the collection are a highlighting loose powder and a highlighting pressed powder. The pressed powder is made up of dusky rose and brown shimmering shades and is quite reminiscent of the powder included with the new Magie Deco Holiday Coffret which I’ll be reviewing for you shortly. The Art Deco Glamorous Mineral Powder is supposely a warm apricot shade with a subtle shimmer that creates a warm glow to your face.

art+deco+holiday

Nude Shimmer

lippie

Art Deco Glamorous Highlighter
highlight

Art Deco Glamorous Mineral Powder
artdeco+glam+powder

As you can see the collection looks stunning! I can’t verify prices on any of the items as the site never lists them. Sadly, the entire collection is available within Europe only (Sweden, Germany, Etc…) so if you’re wanting it you’ll have to arrange for a CP on MUA or a cosmetic forum. I do think it’s well worth hunting out as it looks quite lovely. You may just see a review of this from the Muse shortly as I do see a few items that have caught my fancy!

• 11/25/08 19:24 yumeko:

hi there, for the majo palettes, its said to be used as a base
    but i never use it as i dont think its very good =_=;;

so i rather just keep it looking pretty ^_^

• 11/26/08 1:55 birkinbagbeauty:

Gorgeous gorgeous, I might check them out soon…(yup, I live in Europe)

• 11/26/08 8:13 :

Hey, muse!
    Just wanted to say that artdeco is also available in most of south america. I love this brand. It’s dirt cheap and very good.

• 11/26/08 9:54 Paige:

I heard good things about their eye primer. Too bad it’s not available in the states. I almost want to ask my brother-in-law, who is always traveling to Europe on business, to pick me up some of this collection. The collection does look nice. Especially, the highlighter compact:) Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! I’m looking forward to spending the day with my family:)

• 11/26/08 10:14 Kimberly:

Hi Muse, just wondering where do you buy their cosmetics? I went to their site but I didn’t see any way to place an order.

• 11/26/08 10:26 Kathi:

If you need a CP give me a shout =) We should have this here

• 11/26/08 10:50 Vivian:

hmm, those look promising, but it’s only available in Europe..

btw, Muse, what is a CP and how do we commoners get someone to buy cosmetics from another continent that we don’t have here in North America? thanks for the info

• 11/26/08 11:18 the Muse:

hi yumeko!

Thanks hun! I always wondered if they rec’ed it as a highbrow highlighter or a base…I agree working with it as a base is crap :P

• 11/26/08 11:20 the Muse:

hello there Vitória !

Interesting! I hadn’t known that!

Thanks for telling me as I always thought it was exclusive to Europe. Interesting, very interesting :)

I agree! Inexpensive and awesome quality :)

Thanks for the comment!

• 11/26/08 11:21 the Muse:

hey paige!

The eye primer is fab. I should really get another jar and review..I ran out a while ago!

It’s quite a nice price and the quality is grand :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours too paige thanks so much for the well wishes for the Holiday :)

I’m looking forward to it too!
    Hugs!

• 11/26/08 11:23 the Muse:

hello kimberly..I had mentioned in this post to get a CP :) Read to the bottom and you’ll see where I explain that. This is the best way to nab some of this!

You can’t order from the site as they aren’t available within the US.

Hope this helps!

• 11/26/08 11:25 the Muse:

hiya vivian!

Someone mentioned SA too :)

Normally visiting MUA and makeup forums meeting other people from different countries, chatting and such you can arrange to have them purchase items from you, ship them over, and you pay via paypal or you offer to buy them something of equal value and ship it to them :)

like a swap :)

Hope this makes sense!

I rely heavily on friends that live in England and Japan for cps but sometimes they can’t do it so I just head onto forum and ask nicely and normally I can get a nice person to cp for me :)

cp=custom purchase!

Hope this helps!

• 11/26/08 12:34 Anitacska:

Oooh, I love the highlighter compact! I live in the UK, but haven’t seen this brand here yet. Might ask my sister (she lives in Hungary) if she can track it down for me.

• 11/26/08 13:38 Mizz x:

Hiya! Omg.. I’m trying to get that highlighter from Germany’s Ebay.. it looks sooo good in the pic! Didn’t seem too expensive, about 20$. As if I need more highlighters. lol.

• 11/26/08 13:40 the Muse:

hi anitascka :)

isn’t it lovely? She probably will find it in Hungary…! I really want the highlighter and possibly the loose powder :)

• 11/26/08 13:41 the Muse:

hi miss x!

lol good luck hun! not a bad price at all :-)

lord I say the same thing..do I really need this..but it never stops me lol!

• 11/26/08 16:38 Phyrra:

I’d love to see you review this collection, it looks lovely. I’m curious about how the staying power is on the makeup.

• 11/27/08 9:54 Kimberly:

Hi again Muse & thanks so much for the help! Between you & Kathi over @ Lotus Palace I'm really lemming for a lot more Asian brand of cosmetics lately, they are so unlike anything available here in in U.S.

• 12/1/08 10:45 the Muse:

hey dd :)
    review coming shortly for ya!

• 12/1/08 10:46 the Muse:

hey kimberly :)
    my pleasure!

I truly love items not available in the US, quality is so much better isn’t it? and very unique too!