Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer: Conceals Ink or Not?

The Muse has reviewed Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer and although she liked it she wasn’t so sure about it hiding ink. I’m not denying this concealer is hells all pigmented but if I had any ink I’m doubtful it would do anything to conceal it.

DSCN1372%5B2%5D 1

However, Sephora put it up to the ultimate test and concealed Kat’s OWN tattoos using the concealer.

Jump ahead for a peep!

Ok, so interesting results here. Check it:

That’s pretty incredible but a little, tiny bit hard to believe it was just the concealer they used plus whoa how much did they have to use? And what’s that strange reddish mark? She doesn’t have that in the picture where her tats are in place but after they use the concealer she looks bruised? It doesn’t look like it’s ink that was being concealed either because in her before photo she doesn’t have tats in that general area? And her neck is all red? I’m such a nit picker aren’t I? Just curious what happened.

I dunno!

What do you think?

Share it!

Source

• 9/10/09 10:42 Me:

Its pretty obvious that the red parts are where they didnt use the concealer, since she has no tattoos there to conceal.
    The concealer they used just didnt match her skin tone which makes her skin look red…not bruised…

• 9/10/09 14:27 the Muse:

ah thanks for clearing it up for us me. we were speculating about this. seems unusual that she looks red in those areas though. At least I think it looks very strange.

• 9/14/09 16:40 ks:

Yeah. definitely doesn’t look like they only used that concealer. And those red areas? That’s just her normal skin- a bit tan/sunburnt (keep in mind she lives in miami where there are TONS of harsh UV rays). Either the concealer colors suck (becuase clearly they don’t match her skin), or for some photo-op reason they chose a lighter shade…?

Yes, from the before and after photos (the non photoshopped ones), I am a bit skeptical about this product as well.

• 9/14/09 16:42 the Muse:

hi ks!

I agreed. I used the concealer and it’s nicely pigmented but it wouldn’t cover a beauty mark on my arm so doubtful about tattoos. True about the suburn that could be likely it! I loved the concealer but not so sure about it concealing ink :D

• 11/2/09 0:22 Caroline Miller:

the red marks are her actual skin color, meaning where she doesnt have tatoos. the concealer coverd up the tatto on my foot pretty.

• 11/2/09 15:32 the Muse:

Hi Caroline. Yup, that appears the case! Awesome it worked for you! :-D

• 9/10/10 16:45 Ashley:

So I know this post is super old BUT, I’ve used the tattoo concealer in store and its probably the worst product ever. Not only do the shades not match real skin tones but it did not cover the tattoos on my arms and hands*.

I am sure if I had used enough of the product it would have hidden the ink but it would have looked bruised. There are better products on the market to cover tattoos.

* I used the product out of curiosity and not a need to cover my tattoos

• 9/13/10 14:13 the Muse:

hi ashley yup I mentioned that I didn’t feel it would work on tats :)

• 7/7/11 2:32 olivia:

i think its ok , but why pay so much money on a beautiful piece of artwork to hide it?!

• 11/4/11 8:54 Tru:

I think the point of hiding work is for those places where the job has a no tat policy. using someone like kat with SO MAAAANY tattoos, and having it look “fantastic” would be the point for sell

• 11/4/11 8:56 Tru:

Also… I think kat would look better with moderation in her tattoos. Tattoos are a beautiful way to express yourself and I completely love them. However, I think that she has a bit much going on, and its a little random.

• 9/19/12 12:11 Sarajoe22:

The reddish spots are where she has no tattoos so they didn’t have the need of putting concealer there