Summer Series: Bringing the Tropics To Your Cosmetic and Bath and Body Regime!
Although we hear constant promises of the rise of the economy it still remains pretty much down in the dumps. A holiday at this point might not be what your wallet is ready for so check out a few indulgences for spicing up your makeup and bath and body regime that bring the feel of a tropical island right to your front door without ever having to step on a plane, ship, or train to get there!
Click for it!
1. Philosophy The Supernatural Mineral Blush Duo ($25 from Philosophy)
I got this duo about two years ago or so and even when I wasn’t bronzing mad I was loving it. It’s made up of a dusky shade of pink and a brown bronzer that create just the right contrast of pink with bronze to get cheeks glowing like you’ve just stepped off a yacht that was cruising around Saint-Tropez (No one will be the wiser, promise!).
2. Philosophy 3-in-1 Shower Gel in Melon Daiquiri and Senorita Margarita ($16 Each from Philosophy)
While enjoying that mind trip around Saint-Tropez you’ll want to get your drink on. Indulge in a Melon Daiquiri from Philosophy to make your shower fresh and fruity with the sweetness of melon, strawberry, and hints of banana! After that Melon Daiquiri we won’t hold you harmless if you’d like to follow it up with a Margarita, Senorita! Senorita Margarita is one of my very favorite gels from Philosophy as it has such a cool, effervescent scent that’s sure to make your long, hot Summer go by fairly quickly, nothing better than wasting away in Margaritaville.
3. Philosophy Coconut Frosting Salt Scrub ($25 from Philosophy)
Nothing speaks Summer like fresh coconut! Scrub away rough elbows and knees with a luxurious coconut frosting scented scrub from Philosophy. It’s almost as good as being on a tropical island and besides you can’t get this good a scrub from mere beach sand!
A few fab makeup finds for bringing the tropics to your face!
1. Lancaster Sun Carrousel Compact Powder Bronzer ($38 From Lord & Taylor)
With swirls of pink, bronze, and peach this compact is sure to bring the tropics right to your cheeks! Loving this one and a mighty fine bang for your buck with it’s colossal size.
2. Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in Gilded ($24 from Urban Decay)
This bronzer single handedly changed my mind about bronzers forever. Sparkling gold works well on face or eyes! So gorgeous and Muse Approved for purchase!
3. Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer ($30 from Lorac)
Baked to pure perfection this beautiful bronzer has swirls of shimmering gold and bronze for that tropical look that you’re gagging for! I promise a review is on the horizon.
4. DuWop Sundrops Bronzing Serum ($28 from DuWop)
This one is all about a no nonsense application and currently topping my wish list! A pump or two and you’ll be sporting the sun on your face in a flash.
5. Sephora Moroccan Sunrise Pot of Gold Loose Bronzer ($22 from Sephora)
This jumbo size powder has plenty of bronze in it for your money. Shimmering gold and bronze buffs skin with the perfect glow!
6. Guerlain Terracotta Blush and Sun ($41 from Sephora)
My absolute favorite blush for a touch of Summer on my face! Total Muse Approval for purchase, get it now though before it’s gone for good.
7. Stila Convertiable Color Duo Marigold ($25 from Sephora)
Two shades of golden brown will have you looking fit and golden with this slick little compact. Sweat proof and warm weather proof you’ll be sporting a healthy tan with a quick swipe. But buyer beware, use a tiny bit, otherwise you may be sporting that strange Oompa Loompa glow!
8. Lancome Elephant Bronzer Powder ($36.50 from Sephora)
A fond favorite from last year this bronzer gives just the right glow so you can ahead and indulge and pretend you spent 8 hours at the beach instead of the office!
Tropical Lips? Sure! These balms and glosses will whisk you away to an exotic island!
1. Margarita Bloom Carlotta Colada and Beach Bunny Kisses Lip Balm ($8.50 Each from Margarita Bloom)
Bring the tropics to your lips with two tasty treats for your lips!
2. The Body Bakery Sun Off A Kiss ($5 Each from The Body Bakery)
With a blend of SPF 15 and flavors like Chilled Sunshine (Cool Peppermint mixed with Italian Lemon Ice Yum!) these balms are sure to keep your lips smooth and smooch ready.
3. on10 Disney Watermelon Lip Balm ($5 from Sephora)
Fruity watermelon with a twist of SPF to keep your lips in tip, top shape!
4. Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Lip Shine ($12 from Sephora)
Nothing feels more tropical than a daiquiri by the pool side. Philosophy has you covered with this fruity gloss!
5. Beautiful Twists by Ella Dean Cherry Vanilla Lip Conditioner ($3.49 from Etsy)
Ella Dean has the best balms hands down! Cherry Vanilla isn’t exactly tropical but it sure does sound lovely on a warm day!
Smell Summer like and tropical with a few of my fab favs from the fragrance counter!
1. Summer by Kenzo ($72 from Kenzo)
The heat from Summer is captured in this unique fragrance. Guaranteed to whisk you away to a secluded beach on a warm, balmy day!
2. Bathed and Infused Perfume in Fantasy Island and Flip Flop ($9.15 Each from Bathed and Infused)
With plenty of blends to choose from you can customize your fragrance experience with these little parfumes from Bathed and Infused. My favs? Fantasy Island…mmm tanning oil! And Flip Flop, an effervescent blend of tropical fruits!
3. Ile de Tahiti Eau de Toilette Coconut Vanille ($19.50 from Bath and Body Works)
With a blend of coconut and vanilla I’m picturing a tropical island right now…what do you think?
4. Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena Body Spray ($12 from Bath and Body Works)
Put the lime in the coconut and shake it up!
Hey, if you’re not heading away this season there isn’t any reason you can’t indulge in one or two of these items! You’ll be left feeling spoiled and content all through the Summer with a little loving from any number of tropical treats to choose from!
Let me know what tropical beauty finds you’ve indulged in this Summer!
Tell the Muse!