Virtual Money for Nothing: Illamasqua Hauling

Illamasqua+Cosmetics

Say the Muse gives you $150 virtual dollars to spend on Illamasqua today. What would you haul?

Jump ahead to hear what I’d blow my virtual moola on!

My hauling would start with concealer. Indeed, some people love eye shadow, some love foundation, some are obsessed with skincare…as for me I’m addicted to finding the perfect concealer.

Count me in for a pot of Illamasqua Concealer although I’m unsure which shade I’d want…this needs a swatch!

Illamasqua+002

$22 bucks down $128 to go!

The Illamasqua Color Blushes I’ve seen so far look lush. Sign me up for Hussy, Tweak, and Beg…but that’s not my final list so don’t quote me there!

Illamasqua+004

Uh oh $59 left…not much left now…!

Some people would say the heart of a brand would be it’s foundation so of course, by all means, sign me up for Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation.

Illamasqua+001

And finally I have just enough change left over to buy myself a Vanilla Frappachino and some Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Incite please.

Illamasqua+003

How about you?

What are you hauling with your virtual cash?

Or should I say what have you hauled from the brand already?

Share it!

• 9/6/09 15:08 TReSHa:

I need to buy a concealer too. Have you bought it yet?
    I’m NW15-NW20 Studio Finish of MAC and…I don’t know what Illamasqua’s shade to choose!! HELP MEE,PLEASEE :(

• 9/6/09 21:47 the Muse:

Hi Tresha.

I haven’t purchased Illamasqua concealer yet. Haven’t tried it either. I really can’t help you match the shade as it’s really something you need to head into store and try out yourself. Matching up your shade/tone on the internet is way too difficult. It’s best to head to Sephora (Illamasqua is carried in 25 or so Sephoras now) and have an MA test a shade on you!

Hope this helps :D

• 9/7/09 5:48 TReSHa:

The way is that where I live…Sephora doesn’t work with Illamasqua.
        I’ll continue looking for. Thanks

• 9/8/09 8:14 the Muse:

aww Tresha I sure hope they get it in soon. I wish I could help but I’m not familiar with each shade of foundation from the line and haven’t even tried it for my own tone.

Good Luck!

• 10/22/09 14:30 Karin:

I wanna see the products. They look fab on the company site! Esp the shadows. I’d probably buy shadows and lippies.

• 10/26/09 16:34 the Muse:

hi karin. they have some interesting stuff :-D

• 10/26/09 17:06 Karin:

I almost bought some from Sephora (website) over the weekend, but they really didn’t look as amazing as at the I. website. So far, no Sephora I’ve been to has had it in the store.

• 10/26/09 17:17 the Muse:

hi karin. I’ve seen it in store in a few places but looks like it’s only a few select shops. I tried the shadow, lipstick, and blush and they are all very pretty but the formula wasn’t as fab as I had hoped for. You can check some of my older reviews under the tag :-D

• 10/26/09 21:00 Karin:

The Illamasqua website makes it look super cutting edge, like the MAC ads. But the Sephora website didn’t look spectacular. I decided to buy a coupla’ more of Lauren Luke’s.

• 10/27/09 9:51 the Muse:

hey karin I suppose if you like working with mattes it might be deemed edgey but for me it was kinda meh. I liked the blush but the shadows weren’t so fab. LL was much nicer :-D and cheaper haha!

Illamasqua is not MAC imho, MAC is much better!

• 10/27/09 12:15 Karin:

That’s the impression I got from Sephora’s website too. But their own website looks super cool. That’s why I wanted to see it in person.

I rarely use mattes. I like sparkly.

• 10/27/09 12:48 the Muse:

karin not many of the products are a sparkle finish sad sigh :( most ate mattey :P I like the website too, very hip, makes me want to buy everything but the few pieces I did try were a bit meh…it’s a nice line of stuff but it’s been so crazily overhyped I thought it would be life changing cosmetics.

• 10/27/09 13:13 Karin:

Life changing, good one! That’s what I had thought it might be too.

• 10/27/09 13:54 the Muse:

hehe not for me Karin sadly. :-D I think MAC tops it any day of the week!

• 10/27/09 15:52 Karin:

I like MAC for lip glosses and I love Aromaleigh for shadows.

• 10/27/09 16:27 the Muse:

AL makes some nice bits :-D I’m a mac lipglass fan too Karin!

• 10/27/09 17:44 Karin:

Yes, the lipglass and dazzle glass are really nice. I also love NYX glosses.

• 10/30/09 10:47 the Muse:

haven’t tried NYX glosses Karin :-D always meaning to indulge more in NYX but never do grrr so many brands so little time!