Wet n’ Wild Beauty Benefits Beyond Eye Makeup Remover Review

Since I’ve been so busy scoring left and right with awesome eye makeup removers at my drugstore I thought, “heyz let’s go ahead and try something else new…” Pushing my luck I purchased Wet n’ Wild Beauty Benefits Beyond Eye Makeover Remover and proceeded to have my head examined.

I’m such a dope. I should know lightening never strikes twice. I was lucky with Clean & Clear and again lucky with L’Oreal but this…this is utter rubbish.

Le sigh.

Jump for it!

Wet n’ Wild is going all green and organic or whatever you want to call the current craze of hippie loving cosmetics out there (no offense green friendly peeps but the market is getting a little too saturated with this stuff that it’s getting on my nerves by now!).

Along with cosmetics in the new Wet n’ Wild Beauty Benefits Collection they released a $4.99, 3.8oz size of eye make remover. It claims to remove waterproof mascara but I don’t think so.

First off it burns like acid. OW! It hurts something fierce. It also has the consistency of water mixed with dish soap, not good, not good at all. Oh and it also smells like dish soap mixed with gasoline, pretties (insert sarcasm there).

Seriously though between the burning sensation, the gross smell, and the fact that it doesn’t do all that great a job removing my shadow never mind my waterproof mascara, this one is a very safe skip.

Stay clear people, don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Final word, no likey, at all.

• 9/23/09 18:28 Jorge:

Maybe one reason it was so bad was bacterial contamination.

• 9/24/09 9:44 the Muse:

whoa jorge thanks for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How SCARY!!!!!

• 2/20/10 22:08 Jessica:

:O thats so scary!!!! I can’t believe that it had high counts of bacterias in it!!! How disgusting! I must say, my fav. will always be lancome bifacial eye makeup remover. btw, I LOVE YOUR REIVEWSSS!!! I got to you for almost every item I’m thinking of buying. YOUR AWESOME!!!

xoxo
    much love, jes

• 2/25/10 20:48 the Muse:

hi jes! I know right?! I LOVE lancome’s remover but I wish it was cheaper! AWWWWWWWWWWWW THANK YOU *hugs* so glad you enjoy my babblings!

• 10/11/10 22:44 Gina:

I’m with jes…i’ve only just discovered this blog tonight and i’m already digging it lots. I think you may have actually tried more makeup than I have, and that says A LOT, trust me! Loves it. I’ll totally be a return visitor! :)

As far as makeup removers, I love bifacial to death and am also currently loving the too faced lash injection antedote…i too wish their price tags were lower though. Yikes!

• 10/12/10 13:30 the Muse:

aw gina thanks so much you’re lovely xoxo! I’m glad you enjoy my Musings! ;-D I love bifacial too! wish it was a nicer price tag or larger size ;D

• 10/12/10 21:04 Gina:

you’re so welcome! :) and yeah, i cringe every time i think about how much i spend on bifacial…i wish I could just make it a once in a while treat but now that I’m an addict I just haaaave to have it, haha! A larger size would be awesome too! Ahh, if only.. ;)

• 10/13/10 13:34 the Muse:

gina I can’t justify. I’m so cheap when it comes to eye makeup remover lol! I can’t justify the price :P I go with 8 buck Sephora oil base ;-D hehe!