Budget Mascara Alert: Avon SuperFULL Midnight Mascara

Hey chicas!

Budget friendly mascara alert here with the new Avon SuperFULL Midnight Mascara. Don’t you dare tell Armani but this stuff works almost as good as Eyes To Kill….shhhhh our secret k?

Avon+SuperFULL+Midnight+Mascara+1

Check it after the jump!

Avon has a brand new mascara for $4.99 that’s pretty impressive. Honestly, there isn’t a whole lot of special about it. It’s a regular inky black formula and a plastic straight line applicator. See? Not really special.

Avon+SuperFULL+Midnight+Mascara+3

Avon+SuperFULL+Midnight+Mascara+4

However, it performs like a super star.

I’m unsure if it’s the applicator or the formula but it’s promise of longer lashes rings true. It doesn’t offer much in the ways of volume but it creates really great lenght and curl. The applicator fits the contour of my eye nicely and grasps all the lashes in one go. It doesn’t smudge, flake, and wears all day. I find the best results are when lashes are curled prior to use.

Overall, it’s pretty impressive for a $5 buck mascara. If you’re not willing to dish out a pretty penny for the new Armani mascara I say try this. Works almost as good, for serious.

Picture+128 400x300

Picture+130 400x300

Loving it!

Muse Approval for purchase.

summer museapproved stamp

• 9/11/09 1:33 Del:

Hey Muse,

Is this the regular version or the waterproof? Bout to snag it and just wanna make sure before I take the plunge…a cheap plunge, but still comparable to drugstore mascara prices…heard that Cover Girl’s Lash Blast works pretty good…guess I’ll go look in your archives & see for myself!

–Del

• 9/11/09 14:13 the Muse:

believe it was regular Del not WP :-D absolutely cheaper than DS brands :-D I haven’t tried CG Lash Blast last but I’m hearing awesome stuff too!

Hugs!

• 9/13/09 1:59 Del:

Thanks! My rep almost got me the new SuperCurlacious mascara, but I told her that wasn’t the one I saw a review for so I didn’t want to try it…hehe…plus I don’t think my lashes are long enough to have that curl action anyway. Lookin forward to tryin the SuperFULL. I’ll let you know how it goes. =)

• 9/16/09 10:12 the Muse:

hey del!

I think I have Supercurl somewhere to test that reminds me :-D yes yes please do curious what you think!

• 10/24/09 2:25 Del:

I always need to wear waterproof mascara to prevent smudging & was excited to try this, but sadly enough it smudges on me…went home from work several times with black smudges on the outer corners under my eyes. =( simple solution = put my WP CG mascara on top of it!

Tried the WP SuperFULL & it works just as good if not better since no smudges, although I tried it in brown & maybe I just can’t see the smudges cause they blend with my skin? LOL I like it & the way my lashes look naturally longer & fuller.

Sorry for the super late reply. Will try the WP SuperFULL in black next time. Have you used this again lately? Seemed like there wasn’t a lot of product, but I’ve been using it quite a lot lately & it’s still going good.

• 10/26/09 16:44 the Muse:

aw dell that stinks, sorry to hear it :(

I haven’t in all honestly re-tried I really should as sometimes it’s a better experience the second time around…at the moment I’ve been using Smashbox Lash DNA it’s a mascara I love to hate hehehe!