Would You Buy It? La Mer The Hydrating Facial Mask

La Mer The Hydrating Facial Mask 22

La Mer The Hydrating Facial Mask saturates the skin with hydrating ferments to reveal youthful skin. Dryness and dehydration are treated quickly and easily. The saturated mask is made of spun-lace cotton and contains a solution to treat skin to a spa-like experience.

Sounds incredible right?

The kicker is it costs $250. Eep!

I’d probably indulge if I had an endless flow of cash but I honestly couldn’t afford to dish out for it right now even if I wanted to. $250 for a mask is way above my budget.

Would you buy the La Mer The Hydrating Facial Mask?

• 9/28/09 13:24 Selenite:

Want to know a great cheap way to hydrate your skin? A 500 mg capsule of niacinamide opened up and mixed with just a tad of water. I got this from skingeek At least niacinamide is a very cutting edge ingredient and affordable. This La Mer stuff, I’ll bet that it does hydrate but at that price?

• 9/29/09 13:28 the Muse:

interesting thanks for sharing selenite! Sounds good. It’s a bit too costly for me but that doesn’t tame my urge to wish for a winning lotto ticket to get me some hehe!

• 9/28/09 13:36 laura r:

holy cow juice running from the mountains…………………………
    that.
    is.
    in.
    sane!

actually,
    it’s immoral.
    there, i said it.

• 9/28/09 13:42 the Muse:

LOL Laura!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I almost choked when I seen the price. Damn some days I wish I was rich and famous :-D

• 9/28/09 14:03 Kaoru:

$250 buys how many masks? Unless it’s a crap-ton, that is /way/ too much money! I’m going to stick to my Japanese masks instead, hehe.

• 9/28/09 15:20 the Muse:

that’s the weird thing Kaoru looks like one!? but that can’t be? I obviously have to win the lotto! I want to try :-D hehe until than must stick to my cheap Japanese ones too!

• 9/28/09 14:35 Marina:

WOW! I thought that it’s a nice mask before I saw the price. Won’t comment that, lol
    I agree with you Muse about being rich but not famous:)

• 9/28/09 15:23 the Muse:

LOL yes I take it back marina I’d say rich but not famous too :-D hehe!

• 9/28/09 15:39 Nunu:

Like seriously??What IS it made of?How many are in a pack?Despite having worked for La Mer to finance my tuition, I find their stuff waaaay too overpriced and just too oily for my Asian skin. The serum tho is good stuff.
    “hydrating ferment”….Why does that sound like…rotten fruits or something?
    Regardless of the price, J-Lo will probably use it on her legs anyways.
    I’ll stick to My Beauty Diary masks.

• 9/29/09 13:27 the Muse:

hey nunu at first I thought it was one but it’s actually several phew! “-D LOL! Honestly I tried the eye balm, the concealer, and the powder so far and I’m sadly in love with it all. But I really can’t afford to dish out for it often :-D I’ve been lemming the eye balm for a while but I can’t justify the cost :-D hehe J-Jo adores it doesn’t she? LOL! :-D I love Beauty Diary!!!!!!!

• 9/28/09 16:21 mary_in_wonder:

Must be nice to have a stack of La Mer stuffs in the drawer…..Too bad I’m a beggar to afford them >_<

• 9/28/09 16:25 the Muse:

what mary? who has a stack? I’m raiding their draw LOL!

• 9/28/09 16:54 mary_in_wonder:

I wish I had known! T_T I’d totally rob them! HAHA Some uber-rich, ugly, young-looking-wannabe must have a whole collection!

• 9/29/09 13:23 the Muse:

LOL Mary :-D I’ll come with as your partner in crime!

• 9/28/09 17:14 melissa:

Hello – I love crazy good masks that promise lots. Blissworld.com is selling this one for the $250 and the description says it is good for 6 facials including 12 masks (6 for upper zone and 6 for lower zone). So from a justification standpoint: Technically speaking u get 12 masks. Therfore $250/12 is about $20.83 a mask or call it $42 a face. If they were sold separately would you try one for $42 bucks ? I probably would but I’ve yet to experience la mer anything for fear of total love and going broke.

• 9/28/09 19:19 the Muse:

ha clarity!

thanks melissa! I was reading about it on Nordie’s and was like wha? one mask? Hmmm I’d prob go for $42 but I’d feel guilty tossing it. Don’t get involved, La Mer is addicting as hell. I’m still trying to justify purchasing more concealer when it’s gone and the eye balm…god the eye balm is fruit from the gods above!

• 2/9/12 17:59 Annie:

Definitely the best drug (>__<) nobody ever told me not to start as you wouldnt be able to stop….its been over 2 years now xD

• 9/28/09 17:20 MC:

*takes out the scale and balances one mask from La Mer vs. BB Seaweed from Lush, Dear John from Benefit, Eye Hope from Philosophy, Philosophy Microdelivery face wash and Tea Tree Water from Lush (est. $133 total)*

No, do not want La Mer lol. Actually, I always found Le Mer to be overrated. My mum bought a jar of Creme de La Mer and I tried some. I found that my normal moisturizer at the time did a better job..and was hella cheaper.

• 9/29/09 13:18 the Muse:

hey mc! One thing I hate about Lush is the masks LOL they never really do much for me :-D Broken down seems it’s actually a bit less than $250 :0D haha! Honestly def not overrated for me…I tried samples of the eye balm and it’s a god sent for my puffy eyes just wish I can afford to buy it all the time LOL

• 9/29/09 0:06 BeautyBitch:

Er, it’s gotta be more than one mask for $250 right? Frankly for the same money, I think you’d better off getting a jar of Creme de La Mer. You’d probably see better results too! I must admit that I don’t get on with sheet masks at all. I’ve tried to jump on the bandwagon and have been using them regularly in Korea but I don’t see much difference and also they feel really sticky and claustrophobic on my skin. I alwayas feel like they leave a glue like residue on the skin even after rinising. I have oily skin so they’re probably not aimed at people like me. I got gifted some of the SKII ones a while back and whilst they feel luxurious and pampering, don’t do much in terms of visible tangible benefits for my skin. I’d much rather spend the money on make-up so I think I can safely say I’m safe from the pull of La Mer’s mask.

• 9/29/09 7:56 gio:

Wow, $250 for a mask?! That’s insane! There’s no way I would get it even if I could afford it, I don’t think it’s worth it!

• 9/29/09 13:17 the Muse:

hey gio

seems it’s a few masks and someone mentioned broken down it’s cheaper but ya I can’t afford it either :-D I am curious though! When I win the lotto I’ll be on it :-D