Clarins Holiday Collection 2009: Clarins Palazzo d’Oro Collection

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 11

The Muse heard about Clarins Holiday oh…mmm..’bout a month or so ago. My Clarins rep was ever so happy to share the deets about Clarins Holiday 2009 when I kindly asked and I proceeded to drool all over the place. Now at the time I just had a nice little write up about what was coming out but a few days ago I saw the pictures and my jaw dropped.

Clarins Palazzo d’Oro Collection is everything I love about a holiday collection with a heavy emphasis on sparkling golds for a super glamorous look.

Check it after the jump and be prepared to be wowed!

Let me tell you….Clarins Fall 2009 didn’t have any color. Fall 2008 brought us an incredible array of bold, vibrant shades but this year nothing. I was somewhat shocked as I thought I saw a brand new palette that would release but I think this might have been a UK exclusive.

No worries though Clarins makes up for it with the Palazzo d’Oro Collection. The collection is inspired by the light and radiance of the architecture in Venice. Made up of four pieces this collection focuses on an elegant golden look for the Holidays. It’s quite festive in my opinion as I always associate gold and silver with the cooler weather.

• Clarins Golden Attraction Face Palette ($57)

A cocktail of matte and glossy in a soft golden beige to use on face or body for a subtle kiss of gold.

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 2

• Clarins Gold Attraction Eye Quartet and Liner Palette ($66)

Sparkling shades of shadow with a dark chocolate liner for defining eyes.

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 3

• Clarins Joli Rouge Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick ($23.50)

A golden lipstick for using alone or over stain or lipstick for a sparkling golden sheen.

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 1

• Clarins Sparkling Wonder Volume Mascara ($23.50)

Clarins traditional Wonder Mascara with a touch of golden shimmer.

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 7

Overall, the collection is a stunner for me. So far it’s the best Holiday Collection within the US I’ve had the pleasure of setting eyes on. I’m loving the warm shades of gold on the model and love how it’s both elegant and has a certain festive feel.

Clarins was even so kind as to include a step by step guide for creating a few looks with the palette.

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 13

Clarins Palazzo dOro Collection 12

Gorgeous.

Truly gorgeous.

What do you think of Clarins Palazzo d’Oro?

Tell the Muse!

Purchase now at us.clarins.com

• 10/16/09 12:03 MC:

That is one gorgeous gold shadow palette. The colors are so pretty. *_*

• 10/16/09 13:12 the Muse:

agreed MC! DROOOOL!

• 10/16/09 12:30 Jamie:

i love clarins but this seems a bit over sparkly for me! hehe

its funny how you said its the best holiday collections “within US” lol could you share what’s your favorite non US holiday collection? :)

thanks~

• 10/16/09 13:10 the Muse:

jamie I fear I’m guilty of overdosing on the sparkles :-D

Oh yes my eye is on on the Maggie Deco and Jill Stuart Japanese Coffrets :-D I’m very eager for them. Also Majolica Majorca looks fab as well! I’m making my wish list now :-D

• 10/16/09 23:06 Jamie:

did you check out Estee Lauder’s new eye shadows??

i think they are called pure color.. i dropped by The Bay today and OMG!!! the metallic ones are SOOOO pretty!!! i felt like getting them all but they are individual ones…

i also checked the colours online in hope i could eliminate one or two.. but the colors don’t look pretty on my screen :(

• 10/22/09 13:56 the Muse:

yes Jamie! They look incredible :-D I seen them on the site :-D you’re making me lem them!

• 10/16/09 14:58 laura r:

Drool-a-rama! me and my love for gold!
    if i decide to splurge, i MUST get the face powder………it’s SO pretty and lush!

• 10/16/09 15:08 the Muse:

LOL me too Laura WANTZZZZZ!

• 10/17/09 11:15 pickledgreens:

I love it, especially the lipstick and mascara. I’d have to see the eye shadow palette in real life, as I love a sparkly eyes, but the colors look very neutral.

• 10/19/09 16:22 the Muse:

hey pickedgreens so far I got both palettes and they are GORG! Need to haul the lippie and mascara next :-D

• 10/30/09 13:53 Liliana:

The fall eye palette is just on Clarins.us website, did not see it in stores. As for the pretty double deck face palette, this is not coming to the US, sadly. I have the nude palette from the fall collection and I do like it, but it is as it says, “nude” “)

• 10/30/09 14:20 the Muse:

nope Liliana I kept bugging my rep about it but I never seen it and was quite surprised not to see color from Clarins this Fall but they more than made up for it with Holiday.