Chanel Holiday Collection 2009: Chanel Bird of Paradise Eye Shadow Quad and Swatches

Mark the date peeps. The Chanel Holiday Collection 2009 releases this November, hells I’d say it’s already up and around at your local counter. This one is inspired by the brilliant plumage of exotic birds, as for this Muse it inspires her to sing some Duran, Duran.

Wow! Moving on the floor now babe you’re a bird of paradise! Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it’s very nice! With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west You know you’re something special and you look like you’re the best.

God…I miss the 80′s. Best Brit invasion of all time.

Anyway ya…so was thinking Duran, Duran when I heard the name of the new Chanel Eye Shadow Quad.

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 1

Jump ahead to hear this Muse’s thoughts on the Chanel Bird of Paradise Eye Shadow Quad.

Chanel kinda breaks off from the typical gold and silver array that dominates the Holiday season and goes with an interesting shade selection with this new collection. The quad alone gives off a vibe of Spring or even Summer with a golden shade of lemon, a shimmering orange, an olive green, and a bright turquoise. The quad is absolutely stunning but I wasn’t getting much of a festive feel from it in all honesty and thought it held more of a certain warmth which was quite fitting in with my current Fall looks, love combing shades of orange and yellow in Autumn.

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 2

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 3

This morning I was playing around with the quad and created a simple look using the green, orange, and yellow. I simply applied the yellow as an all over color wash, contrasted with the orange, and used the green on my lower lash line. For Chanel’s promo image they went for a more dramatic look using the turquoise in the outer V with a swept up look, quite lovely.

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 7

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 5

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 6

Chanel Bird of Paradise Quad 4

The colors are all silky smooth and blend flawlessly. One thing I absolutely love about the set is the fact that the shades manage to remain soft but can still be used to create a dramatic or played down look. It’s probably one of the most unique selection of colors I’ve seen to date from Chanel.

All in all I wasn’t getting a Holiday-feel from it but I definitely pictured myself on a Mediterranean Island some where.   The colors give off that warm, take me away to paradise vibe. It’s unique color selection makes it worthy of a pick up in my humblest. Definitely a beautiful, elegant piece of makeup.

Loves it!

Anyone have the Chanel Bird of Paradise Shadow Quad on their wish list?

Picked it up already?

Tell the Muse!

Disclosure: The following item was provided to Musings of a Muse by a PR firm for review purposes. For further information please see my FTC Guidelines or my Disclosure/Disclaimer posts.

• 11/3/09 19:46 Vonvon:

This reminds me more of Spring/Summer….but I love the colors though….

• 11/4/09 15:44 the Muse:

same here vonvon but the colors are soooooo gorgeous I’m trying to get over the Summer vibe!

• 11/3/09 20:02 su-pah:

Haha, love the Duran-Duran connection.
    Hearing of the quad, I was like ‘meh!’ but looking up cloe they’re oh so purdy. The mossy green colour I have now developed a lemming for. Thanks again Muse! Not!

• 11/4/09 16:19 the Muse:

lol su-pah glad you enjoyed that :-D same here, seen the promo images and was feeling meh but actually using it and seeing it in person changed my mind! :-D

haha! Sorry! I know, I know I make you broke!

• 11/3/09 21:36 pickledgreens:

I loved it the minute I saw it. Was just waiting to pick it up. I think it’s the most unique palette of the season. Nice review.

• 11/4/09 15:43 the Muse:

hi pickled…very unique! Not very holiday-like for me but def one of the more unique ones :-D you’re going love it!

• 11/3/09 23:22 Emily:

awesome!!! it looks really pretty on u!!!

(hey, I have a question!! can u reccomend me a good foundation and bb cream….and also a concealer which will cover hereditary dark circles, its not super duper dark, …but yeah) THANK YOU!!!!

• 11/23/09 16:44 the Muse:

hi emily!

thanks!

ummm it’s a little hard to recommend these things without knowing your tone or your skin type, etc…I always find concealers/powders/foundations are a trial and error type of thing as you probably know your skin better than I do and what would work on it etc…plus I don’t know what types you use as in creams, liquids, etc….

I’m sorry!? Wish I could be more help!

• 11/4/09 3:00 Christy:

Initially I really wanted it, but the reality is it will probably sit in my stash til Spring. Sorry Chanel, but these colors don’t scream holiday/winter. I’m in the mood for neutrals, smokey browns, grays, darker greens, etc. Perhaps I’ll change my mind once I swatch them, but somehow I doubt it.

• 11/4/09 15:41 the Muse:

hey christy. def not too holiday-like for me but I guarantee you’ll fall in love if you swatch it :-D the shades are sooooo pretty!

• 11/4/09 14:07 Nunu:

Why does this look familiar?
    OMG Muse! does it remind you of Vincent Longo’s diamante quad in Aquila?!

• 11/4/09 14:24 the Muse:

oh YES nunu! good call! it does, it really does ;-D! Ha!

• 11/5/09 9:12 Bonnie:

I love Chanel eye shadows and these are no exception, although I agree that I might not be rocking all of the colors in the wintertime.

• 11/5/09 10:48 the Muse: