Smashbox Heartbreaker Rollerball Fragrance

The Muse can only think of a few cosmetic companies that have gone the fragrance route.  Keep it mind I’m not counting Lancome and Estee Lauder but seriously I can’t really think of a ton of cosmetic brands that have gone into fragrance.

Smashbox Heartbreaker Rollerball Fragrance

Let’s see…..

MAC has…but this fails to capture my interest.  Hard Candy did it years ago…Benefit succeeds…who else hmmm……

Well…moral of the story is Smashbox hits the fragrance pavement with a brand new scent.

Check it after the jump!

Smashbox Heartbreaker Rollerball Fragrance ($22) is Smashbox’s first ever fragrance. Created in an alluring blend of florals and spices with top notes of rose and violet this doesn’t sound like something I’d be on. But check this out…..they promise a dry down of creamy vanilla with a hint of marzipan…..marzipan=Lush SnowCake OMG! Want!

Sadly, it’s only available in a rollerball so far but I imagine we’ll see it crop up in other formats shortly.

I could get on board with trying this one out, count me curious.

What do you think?

Smashbox takes on perfume…yay or nay?

What are some of your fav scents from cosmetic brands?

Share ‘em!

• 11/24/09 9:22 dina:

always curious for new fragrances although not so hot on the roller ball thing. can’t wait to take a sniff anyway :) do you know when this is coming out? thank you :D

• 11/24/09 9:44 the Muse:

hey dina!

Out already doll at Nordies! :-D not really into the roller ball myself but I can imagine they’ll do full fragrance :)

• 11/24/09 9:49 laura r:

now i am SINGING that song, AND deeply curious about this scent.

bah, humbug.

• 11/24/09 9:59 the Muse:

lol that song got stuck in my head too Laura!

• 11/24/09 12:00 Smirking Valet:

I’ll never forget Hard Candy’s fragrances. I remember they had Black Licorice in them, and I thought they smelled miserable! Urban Decay had those three rollerball perfumes, Go was a nice bright scent. Bare Esenctuals has a new one which I’m not super keen on. I like Benefit’s new collection of scents. I feel like Too Faced had one a long time ago…

• 11/24/09 14:23 the Muse:

oh yes smirking good call I remember the UD ones, they had one called pistol I think! :-D I’m kinda liking the new BE but not sure completely yet!

Too Faced hmm I honestly can’t remember that one!

• 11/24/09 13:52 dangster:

Hehe, I didn’t even recognize that song. I had to google the lyrics to figure out what in the world you were talking about.

When I think of “heartbreaker”, I think of Mariah Carey and Jay-Z in “Heartbreaker”.

• 11/24/09 13:54 the Muse:

I’m getting old dangster LOL! :-D

• 12/12/09 17:36 mandy:

thats cool

• 1/21/10 18:48 Josselyn:

Hello!!! I just came back from Ulta and purchased this product. I fell in love with the smell, although I’m not a fan of florals (or roll on applicators). The smell is spicier than the usual florals I’m used to, so I’m going to give it a try.

• 1/26/10 16:15 the Muse:

jealous josselyn haven’t had a chance to snag it yet :-D sounds gorg!