Wanted: Pupa Kokeshi Doll and Pupa Puposka

Heads up Pupa is topping my wanted list at the moment with the Pupa Kokeshi Doll and Pupa Puposka.  Can I please has these now?

pupa makeup

Jump!

Pupa holds a special spot in my heart because seriously, where can you get makeup and a transformer-like design (for girls of course)? Pupa has always reminded me of a transformer, one second a doll or a bear, and the next an array of cool makeup! w00t! The technology of it all thrills me. Anyone remember days of old when Pupa was sold at Sephora…indeed.

Anyway.

My wanted list is full of visions of the Pupa Kokeshi Doll and Pupa Puposka compacts. Although the makeup inside doesn’t appeal even I can be swayed by incredible packaging and disregard all logic just because…it’s cute!

Pupa Kokeshi Doll ($73) mimics the age old Japanese design of a sweet little doll with a thin body and a large head. The doll flips open to reveal a packed palette of blush, face powder, glosses, lipstick, and shadows. Everything you need to look special and feel pampered.

Pupa Cosmetics 1

Pupa Cosmetics 2

Pupa Puposka Doll ($49)
Mimicking a Russian Puposka Doll this little bundle of joy houses a mirror, a pull out draw housing applicators, eye shadows to create a perfect smoky eye, lipstick, gloss, face powder, and blush!

Pupa Cosmetics 3

Loves ‘em right?

WANTED!

Available now from www.spoiledbrat.co.uk

• 11/10/09 15:05 laura r:

CUTENESS.

OVERLOAD.

• 11/10/09 16:40 the Muse:

haha laura tell me about it!

• 11/10/09 18:40 Kiradris:

Sigh, I do remember when Pupa was sold in Sephora. I discovered the brand about a year or two before in Spain, and they were selling these fragrances in these cute flower shaped bottles.

ITA about being a sucker for packaging! Though none of those shades appeal to me, I’d be so tempted to buy one of those dolls for the cuteness factor!

• 11/11/09 16:37 the Muse:

I remember those Kira!!!! :-D I am too, total sucker for packaging :-D I’m tempted to buy just so I can prop it on my vanity :)

• 11/10/09 22:38 MC:

TOO CUTE!!! I remember way back when, Sephora used to carry the Pupa kits and I was always amazed at how freaking adorable they were. I usually don’t buy kits, but I love to look at the neat ones like these. <3

• 11/11/09 9:06 the Muse:

ditto MC! hehe we are showing our age! :-D

• 11/11/09 1:53 Jin:

You really used the right word for them : transformers XD

• 11/11/09 9:04 the Muse:

haha jin right? Or sweet secrets remember those?!

• 11/11/09 1:59 Melissa:

Hi ya – A million moons ago I worked this bizarre store called the cosmetic center. They sold discount high end lines but also obscure brands somewhere between a cco and cvs. I first discovered Pupa’s coolness with a lipstick that had a mirror attached to the case. They had fabulous palettes then too. I just recently tossed one, it was over 10 years old. I had too because it smelled but I cried for a minute -lol! Anyhow, Pupa quality is usually pretty good and yes madam’e-make-melissa-blow-her-salary, I’m thinking bout hauling.

• 11/11/09 9:05 the Muse:

shhh melissa don’t tell anyone but I have a few pupa pieces that are 10 years old or more too LOL! I can’t use them but I hung on to them anyway. Totally a makeup hall of fame moment :-D They make interesting gifts :-D does that lessen the blow to your salary? :-D

• 11/11/09 7:29 Isa:

How nice!
    From we in Italy, the products of the Pupa do not cost so much, are indeed much graceful!
    Kisses!

• 11/11/09 9:02 the Muse:

aw isa you’re so lucky! jealous here :-D

Hugs!

• 5/16/10 22:23 Renee:

My mom recently went to Italy and came back with a grip of Pupa for me. One of the items was Kokeshi. It is, quite possibly, the most beautiful makeup I’ve ever used.

• 5/17/10 9:56 the Muse:

oh so jealous renee :-D enjoy your goodies!