Would You Buy It? Smashbox PRO Make Up Artist Starter Kit

Morning!

I have thee most awesome Would You Buy It? item for you today. I was gobsmacked when I seen it.

Ready?

Are you sitting down?

Ok.

Here it is!

Smashbox PRO Make Up Artist Starter Kit with Case!

Smashbox PRO Make Up Artist Starter Kit

Jump ahead to hear the price and what’s inside this MASSIVE kit.

So first off let me tell you what you get!

• 3 Smashbox Primers
  • Smashbox Definer Brush #15
  • Smashbox Face/Body Brush #19
  • Smashbox Double-Ended Smudger Brush #20
  • Smashbox Liner Brush #21
  • Smashbox Fan Brush #22
  • Smashbox Makeup Case

Can you say oh my god! Haha! Is this absurd or what? I’d take it all out of the case, spread it on my bed, and roll around in it!

You wanna know the price right?

A whopping $1,275!

Would you buy it?

Go on now you so want this as a present for your Paris Hilton BFF right?

It’s available now from QVC, A96774. I’m thinking they should slap a easy pay on this bad boy say $10 for 127 months. I’d so buy it if I could pay it off in small amounts. Just a suggestion QVC go with easy pay on this one!

I’m currently debating whether I’d buy it or not..of course this is pure virtual dreaming on my part but I wonder would I indulge?

Hmmmm……

So go ahead.

Your turn!

Would you buy the Smashbox PRO Make Up Artist Starter Kit with Case if:

1. You had a slew of extra cash!
2. It was available on an easy pay option.

Tell the Muse!

Ok, I admit it, I’d probably consider it if it was on easy pay…..I like the idea of a mortgage for my makeup.

• 11/18/09 9:37 Erin:

If they had an easy pay option, that set would be all mine. At the moment, I am considering if I could work it into my credit card budget…it’s amazing.

• 11/18/09 12:48 the Muse:

haha erin but the question is would you spread it all out on your bed and roll around in it…we want to know if you’d do that!!!!!!!!!! :-D

• 11/18/09 14:22 Erin:

I don’t know if I would do that but I know that I would sit with it for a couple of hours and pet every single product. Lol!

• 11/18/09 14:36 the Muse:

and talk to it to Erin? I’d totally whisper sweet nothings to all that makeup, just saying :)

• 11/18/09 10:02 Tavia:

Looks like a full basket with goodies but unfortunately I can’t spend that much money on makeup :). I would like to have the Smashbox Wish for the Perfect Pout, I love most of the lipglosses and would be a perfect idea even for a Christmas gift from or for a friend.

• 11/18/09 12:46 the Muse:

me either Tavia totally a virtual dream :-D Absolutely would! I loved it when I reviewed it a few months ago!

• 11/18/09 10:27 Mary:

I love Smashbox, but that’s a mortgage payment!!!!!!!

• 11/18/09 10:31 the Muse:

LOL def Mary!

• 11/18/09 11:00 Ashleigh:

Oh no Muse, that is way too much! I don’t love Smashbox THAT much. LOL NYX has two kits very much similar to this- one for 600$ and one for 300$- that I would rather drop money on.

• 11/18/09 12:44 the Muse:

LOL Ashleigh me either haha but I love the idea of all that makeup LOL!!!!!!!!! Holy cow that’s ALOT of NYX!

• 11/18/09 11:29 Tsahi baxter:

i’d definitely buy it both if i had the cash or in small payments! :)

• 11/18/09 12:44 the Muse:

mortgage payments work for me Tsahi ;-D

• 11/18/09 11:45 Kajal Couture:

Seems like a great kit, but honestly, I think a makeup artist needs more than 4 foundations. At least 6-8, to span the color range and skin tone range. I think it’s a great set for someone who loves Smashbox and has extra cash lying around.

• 11/18/09 12:43 the Muse:

true true kajal but it’s always nice to dream :-D

• 11/18/09 12:28 Tracy:

Easy Pay would help…..but pricing it as a Holiday Surprise would help more!!

• 11/18/09 12:42 the Muse:

LOL hells yes tracy!

• 11/18/09 12:47 Suzanne:

I wouldn’t buy it because I am like a cheatin’ man when it comes to makeup & I have to chase down every “latest & greatest” that comes around & then I would suffer GUILT for spending $1275 on makeup that was collecting dust!
    (And I do already have enough makeup to make-over an entire state, but that has never stopped me before….)
    I did get an easy pay on request offer from QVC yesterday – good for 5 easy pays on any item over $50 – good through the end of the year. I don’t know if anyone can use it or not – http://www.QVC.com/thanksgiving.

• 11/18/09 12:48 the Muse:

me too suzanne I am faithful to NO ONE! :-D total cosmetic whore :-D!

Oh thanks dood! I got that too but it’s great of you to share! Cheers mate!

• 11/18/09 12:49 Dao:

For $10 a month, it looks like I’m going to pay for this kit longer than I pay for my car :) But OMG, it’s a makeup addict’s wet dream! Good find, Muse!

• 11/18/09 14:49 the Muse:

LOL Dao right? It’s a mini mortgage on your makeup stash!

• 11/18/09 13:01 Nunu:

I would spread it out, roll around in it, smell it, bath with it, and sleep with it.
    Hell I’d use it as the backdrop to some lurve making in front of the (fake) fireplace, who needs Boys II Men when you have a make-up spread. xD

• 11/18/09 13:07 the Muse:

LOL Nunu! ^5 girl! That’s what I’m talking about!

• 11/18/09 13:56 dangster:

Holy mother of God . . . I love Smashbox, but a $1275 kit is not worth it. I could practically buy every product at Beauty Ticket with that much money. I think if this were priced below $1000, then MAYBE I would consider it, but seriously who has that cash lying around?

• 11/18/09 14:49 the Muse:

lol dangster! :-D Not I but it’s fun to dream :-D

• 11/18/09 14:11 MC:

Yes..if I won the lottery. XD

• 11/18/09 14:36 the Muse:

lol and share with me MC?

• 11/18/09 15:07 robyn:

if i had money burning a whole in my pocket then hell yes i buy it

but as a make up artist starter kit i really wouldnt as i think you need a variety of brands etc and things like a kit wul never work as you nee different things for different work

it should be marketed as “if you need to get rid of some money kit”

• 11/18/09 15:58 the Muse:

it’s virtual $$ robyn :-D go on and buy it hehe!

• 11/19/09 1:31 jojo:

It was ‘only’ $997 when it aired for anniversary price, I just checked out the video presentation on QVC. Totally missed it..not like I would buy it but it sounds more possible than $1275! I am never a big fan of smashbox but seeing a large kit of makeup like this always tempt me into buying… so addicted to cosmetics!

• 11/19/09 10:24 the Muse:

hey jojo oh I can justify that! LOL :-D

• 11/19/09 11:56 Lisa:

If only a girl could dream…
    But I am curious as to the difference between this make up set and the pro set of Smashbox they have at Sephora. I think it is for $249?? It looks extremely similar.

• 11/19/09 14:42 the Muse:

hey lisa I haven’t peeped the sephora one! Must go look :-D

• 11/19/09 13:18 Sha:

OMGoodness! This amount of makeup?! I’m in…..if they had easy payment! I would so spread it on my bed and sleep with it…forget rolling!!! This would be the best time to ask as a Xmas present ^_^

• 11/19/09 14:41 the Muse:

LOL sha :-D I hear you!!!!!! :) Dear Santa bring me 1k of smashbox please :-D

• 11/20/09 0:54 Jennifer D.:

I think when I first look at it the idea seems exiting to receive that big box. Possibly if it were another brand with an easy pay option? I am not a huge Smashbox person. However, I agree with the person above. I would become tired of this quickly and my professional kit is already stocked and now I am working on stocking my professional kit with all minerals as many clients are specifically requesting minerals only now. I actually lost a wedding due to not having all minerals…I was very surprised. So, no, I don’t think I would do this for Smashbox. Thanks for sharing…it seems like a fun box to receive, but I wouldn’t want to pay.

• 11/20/09 15:16 the Muse:

jennifer me either mostly I like the LE items :-D interesting really? minerals really tickle me as a funny topic…some people LOVE and some are a meh! hehe me neither hun but it’s always fun looking at it!

• 11/20/09 17:25 Jen:

Well maybe if you wait for a little bit and stalk it, it won’t sell (cuz it’s crazy expensive…) and they will put it on sale for a price that real people can actually afford.

• 11/23/09 9:57 the Muse:

hi jen it’s a nice dream but I prob wouldn’t indulge even on sale :-D It’s a bit too MUCH haha!

• 11/22/09 2:39 amanda:

If I had the money I would so buy it !!!

• 11/23/09 9:49 the Muse:

haha amanda pretty nice right?

• 11/24/09 2:36 Del:

Hiya Muse! If they had it @ Sephora & I won the $10K contest I would buy it…hahah…127 payments LOL – the makeup would expire before it was paid for…I don’t think I could ever shell out that much money for one brand- virtual or not. =P

• 11/24/09 14:25 the Muse:

LOL :-D I hear ya del! naa I prob wouldn’t either unless I was a millionaire :-D

• 1/15/12 17:25 nika:

There are kits that I have found else were for much better value and deals! I would never spend that much when I know I could get better value else where.