Musings of the Day: Latest Drugstore Score!

Dudes, what’s up? How’s your Monday so far? Mine is swamped as hells! I’ve been juggling clients, a pile of mail, plus I did procrastinate a little by catching a chapter or two of Beautiful Creatures when I was having a quickie pick me up snack. My Kindle is attached to my left hand and I can’t stop myself from reading and savoring each chapter, it just keeps getting better and better. Anyone readin’ it?

This weekend I headed into Harmon’s with my cheeky best friend Jai and we came across some seriously awesome shadows which brought about today’s Musings!

Musings

So spill it! What’s your latest, greatest drugstore score? The Muse isn’t much for drugstores as you know but she was quite happy at what she discovered at Harmon’s!

Jump!

My latest and greatest are the new L’Oreal HIP Studio Secrets Professional Crystal Shadow Duos! w00t! So excited to dig into these. I don’t really love HIP but I will say they have improved as of late and these shadows looked jaw dropping awesome. I’ll have a review of them later this week but it def sparked me to do a Musings as I’m curious what you’ve scored lately at your local DS (drugstore).

This is pretty hawt news considering that I also heard the L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Collection will be releasing this side of the pond around the middle of January into February! Are we going to finally see some decent drugstore makeup in 2010? Sure as heck hope so!

Share it!

Maybe you can create a lem or two for me.

• 12/14/09 19:43 electronicfly:

My fav’s Loreal’s Blush Delice. :D :D and btw Muse, remember the thingy I told you about, the one that asks to fill a “survey”? It popped up again on this page, but disappeared when I clicked a link on your site.

• 12/15/09 9:16 the Muse:

eletronicfly I seen an LE of this recently :-D I have the shades from ages ago…! really like them :-D I’m looking into that survey thing right now. It’s my ad network :( so I don’t have too much control over it sadly….! I’ll let you know as soon as it disappears :) thanks for the heads up!

• 12/14/09 20:14 M.A.C.nunu:

Would you believe it?I found the Volturi makeup line at my local drugstore. I’m not a Twilight fan by far but their loose eyeshadows look mighty haul worthy at $10 a pop. They have this amazing taupey champagny colour (I think only a beauty blogger would ‘get’ what this colour means xD), called Dawn I think, and I’ve been on a taupe kick lately…
    After my last fiasco with them HIP glosses I donno if they’ll let me back into the store xD

• 12/15/09 13:23 the Muse:

ha really nunu? I seen it at Torrid and Hot Topic as well! :-D!!!!!!! Sounds like a fab color, WANT ;-D LOLLLLLLLL you were the one that opened them and had them spill all over the place right?! haha!

• 12/14/09 21:14 Phyrra:

I can’t wait to read your review ;) Btw, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE my kindle2. It’s probably the coolest techie thing I’ve got all year.

• 12/15/09 13:21 the Muse:

yayyyyyyy :-D I can’t wait to do it DD ;-D they are fabs! awesome love k2 as well! But I’m so pissy as I adore the nook now grrrrrr!

• 12/14/09 22:40 Lucky:

Have you tried Black Radiance’s Creme Eyeliner?!? That stuff don’t come off!

• 12/15/09 9:56 the Muse:

haven’t tried lucky but will have to give it a whirl :-D thanks for the rec!

• 12/14/09 22:57 TerriB:

Rimmel’s simple black pencil eyeliner kohl.
    Jane’s clear mascara (great for brows).

• 12/15/09 9:10 the Muse:

thanks for sharing Terri :-D Must check out the rimmel as I need a new black eyeliner for everyday use!

• 12/15/09 1:26 Emilee:

I REALLY like Covergirl Lashblast (we’ve heard it before).
    Also, lately I’ve been into the L’Oreal Hip Color Rich Cream Crayons. They are very simliar to the Mac GreasePaint sticks, only half the price. I’ve used the blue/black/coral ones. These bad boys are creamy, so they blend easily but if you let them dry they won’t budge. They make for an excellent base! I’m sure they’ll crease though, so use a primer.
    Enjoy!

• 12/15/09 9:08 the Muse:

hey emilee! I’ve been meaning to try those cream crayons for a while…they are a yay huh? Guess I need to snag some :-D

• 12/15/09 3:14 Marcy:

Hey, I only discovered your blog today – but it is sure a great read :D

It’s nice to read about makeup from all around the world – I’m from New Zealand so we get a fairly limited range here, but being of Asian descent I do keep myself up-to-date with Japanese, Korean and TW brands. (BTW I LOVE Majolica eyeliner pencils. Sorry had to add that in) I haven’t come across a western-based blog with so much emphasis on foreign brands, it really is refreshing to see. And I don’t feel so bad about being a geeky makeup lover now that I know you exist XD

Just wanted to say how good your blog is and I’ll definitely keep reading it.

PS I don’t actually have much to add for the actual blog topic… I’m not really a DS girl, unless if it is MJ or the occasional Avon item (but then Avon isn’t really purchased in a DS is it lol.)

• 12/15/09 9:54 the Muse:

hi marcy! Thanks hun! :) I look forward to talking to you :)

aw that stinks hun sigh but thank god for ebay right? :-D I really love keeping up to date on Asian cosmetics too! :) MJ Eyeliners are fabs! agreed 100%!!!!! LOL us makeup geeks must stick together :-D

I really appreciate your gorgeous feedback and lovely compliment so glad you’re enjoying my crazy babblings!

I’m more a DS brand girl Asian wise but US side the DS brands STINK! But I keep trying and hoping it’ll get better haha!

And totally hear you on Avon def not DS but kinda sorta is too right? It’s a class itself :)!

Thanks again for the comment!

Hope we talk again soon!
      Hugs!

• 12/15/09 11:00 brandi:

well i dont know if this counts as i only looked at it and not tried it out but i was in cvs and milani had this cream eyeshadow that has glitter in it!! the rack was almost all sold out…i must have! have you seen/tried these? just the look of it is a a beauty score to me.

• 12/15/09 11:06 the Muse:

YES brandi! I hauled it hard!!!!!!!!!!! :-D I’ll be reviewing shortly hahaha they are called crystal eyez or something like that :-D

• 12/15/09 13:07 Sarah:

Wet n’ Wild has a cream eyeliner that is pretty awesome. I’m not usually a fan of their products but this liner is great. It’s a rich black color and lasts all day without fading :)

• 12/15/09 13:11 the Muse:

sarah have to check that one out babe! thanks!

• 12/15/09 14:11 pinkcrow:

- new Revlon lustre finish singles
    – new cover girl Smoky ShadowBlast. These are much nicer than I imagined!
    – Rimmel black kohl pencil. I have them stashed everywhere!

• 12/15/09 15:09 the Muse:

pinkcrow I was curious about those shadowblasts…they are good eh? I was debating on those and the CG glosses!

• 12/30/09 0:44 Del:

I’m still happy bout my liquid eyeliner steal – 5 dollah makes me holla!! I know how you feel about liquid eyeliner, but this is the one I’ve been using for years, so I’m stuck on it, especially when I find it for $5.00! BTW, it’s the L’oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner…isn’t that a mouthful!?! sheesh…

P.S. I missed yah Musey! I’ve been AWOL thanks to the busy-ness of the holidays. I’m playing catch up since the 15th- yikes!!!