Musings of the Day: Take It and Make It Better

musings

You ever want to take your VERY favorite beauty product and just make it better? I can’t be the only one that has a fav but still nitpicks about how it could be so much better if……….

Every feel that way? I have a considerable amount of HG (holy grail) products that I absolutely love and are so essential to my everyday beauty regime but sometimes I think to myself geez it would be so great if they did this or that and made it better.

Know what I mean?

Wanna muse it with me?

Find out one product that I could make so much better!

Jump!

Let me tell you my biggest, baddest pet peeve ever about one product that I really love but I could make SO much better.

MAC Lipglass.

MAC Lipglass is an essential part of my daily beauty regime. Honestly, out of all my glosses I’m pretty sure I have more MAC ones than any other brand. But, oh, my, god, I can make it so much better.

I started my MAC life out by simply hating the formula on a lipglass. Too tacky and way too sticky makes for a grumpy Muse. But I’ve come to terms with and I’ve realized that fab formula is what makes lipglass so incredible. All that stick and all that tack helps to adhere the gloss onto lips and allows it to stick around for hours and hours.

Now….

To make it better.

MAC seriously needs to do something with the vanilla taste. It’s rancid in my humblest. MAC Plushglass has a cool minty flavor why can’t they do that with all the glosses? Please MAC ditch the vanilla k? It’s really not good.

Secondly and most importantly, new applicator please. The sponge tip applicator is really a pain to use isn’t it? I have to go digging around and swiping on my lips at least 10 times to build the product up. A flocked applicator, that would make lipglass a totally rocking gloss.

What do you think?

How about you?

What’s one of your very favorite products that you love but think you could make better?

Share it!

• 12/18/09 10:16 Sheila:

I just want my fave mascara – Diorshow Iconic – to be completely water and oil proof. Currently I need to seal it in with Clarins Double Fix’ mascara, but other than that, its an awesome product.

• 12/18/09 10:28 the Muse:

ahhh shelia I hear that. Iconic is awesome but WP would be fabulous!

• 12/18/09 11:36 jackieg02:

I know I’m not the only one that wishes Urban Decay Primer Potion would come in a different bottle, tube, applicatior, or something. Really then it would be perfect…but until then I’m still a slave for it.

Murad Oil Control Mattifier….I love this stuff to pieces, but I wish it would be a bit creamier and spread out a little easier.

I’m sure there are more that I would change, but those are the only two things I can think of at the moment. And I quite like the vanilla in MAC lipglass, but to each her own. ;)

• 12/22/09 15:05 the Muse:

jackie total save for the UDPP kinda digging the applicator now…seems to help get ALOT out of the packaging :_D

really? I must the only person alive that hates the vanilla taste :-D that’s two votes for love it and one for no way!

• 12/18/09 12:09 Paloma:

what is a flocked applicator? lol

• 12/22/09 15:30 the Muse:

slanted applicator paloma :-D sponge and it’s on a slant

• 12/18/09 13:06 Christine:

I’ll have to get back on what I’d improve, but had a question for you: your MAC Lipglasses have sponge-tipped applicators? Mine *are* flocked! Weird …

I have to say, I really like the MAC vanilla scent *ducks* lol … I have had so many glosses with scents seep into my mouth with a chemical taste that I’ve had to ditch them, no matter how beautiful the shade :-/ Not so with MAC, I’m happy to say.

• 12/22/09 16:24 the Muse:

christine straight sponge tip not flocked on a slant……..well…a little bit flocked but not a nice slant…I’d love a doe foot or even a bit of a slant that’s larger than the one they have! would make life easier…by the way it’s not sponge, sorry, goofy here, but you know what I mean right? LOL

I’m not big on the vanilla sadly but please maybe mint!? :) no worries I promise we can still be friends even though you like the vanilla!

• 12/18/09 13:53 Johanna:

I love the bronzy color of Lorac’s Sheer Magic lip stain by Lorac, but I don’t love the rollerball applicator because the color leaks out of the bottle whenever I carry it in my purse, and it goes on messy. On the other hand, I love the felt wand applicator on Vincent Longo’s lip stains, because it gives precise application, doesn’t leak, and is portable, but I’m not crazy about VL’s colors. So, I wish Lorac would package Sheer Magic in the exact same applicator bottle as Vincent Longo’s lip stains. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, is it?

• 12/22/09 15:23 the Muse:

johanna I haven’t purchased one of these in a while due to packaging and also when used on my cheeks they blend badly as they are supposed to be multitasking for lips and cheeks.
      not too much to ask at all! Lorac please hear our prayers :)

• 12/18/09 16:28 Renata:

This is not exactly about my favorite product as it is about ALL skin makeup products. Foundations and concealers are the things I love to play with, and it would be so much better if all brands had some kind of pattern to name them!

B122432, Ca3, Chrome 2/5, 145, Egyptian Gold… My favorites are those like “perfect beige” or something like that. My God! What is the problem with this people? How are we supposed to pick the right color? Do they want us to? So why do they make our lives so hard!

• 12/22/09 16:23 the Muse:

one word Renata, SHU! OMG shu drives me CRAZY with the number system!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE that! I totally know what you mean!

• 12/19/09 20:35 Lisa:

What’s “flocked”?

• 12/22/09 15:35 the Muse:

it’s a slant to the sponge lisa ;)

• 12/20/09 16:17 Katelyn:

It would be really nice if Korres Lip Butter came in a chapstick form. It’s my favorite lip product, but I hate getting it stuck all over my fingers.

• 12/22/09 13:36 the Muse:

katelyn hear ya! def like to see that :-D

• 12/21/09 8:54 Bonnie:

I wish more of my fave moisturizers (I’m talking to YOU, Vanishing Cream by Lush! :) ) had SPF of some sort!

• 12/22/09 15:28 the Muse:

hear, hear Bonnie say it again please. Gorgeous so NEEDS SPF!

• 12/21/09 15:07 Helena:

Hi!

I use the Lancome definicils mascara and love it so much that if could make make the wand a rotating one (like they did for the new their newest mascara) i think I would be in heaven :)

• 12/22/09 15:28 the Muse:

hi helena can’t say I tried this one so I wish I can tell you your improvement was a good one :-D but I’m sure it is :)!

• 5/19/10 12:25 Brittany:

Oh God, the smell of Too Faced lipstick. I have three shades and they’re so gorgeous. But they smell like the perfume my Pawpaw would buy me Memaw at the flea market LOL

And the glitter fallout in UD e/s. No matter what I do I look like a pixie at a rave.

• 5/19/10 12:35 the Muse:

lol brittany :-D me too with UD! i love it but def look discoballish in ever pic