Avatar Movie Look by Milani Cosmetics

Channel your inner Na’vi and recreate the look of Avatar’s Neytiri with products from Milani Cosmetics!

Milani Cosmetics Avatar Look 2

Jump!

I haven’t seen Avatar yet. Am I missing much? I was supposed to see it last Friday but a buncha my friends and I voted for another round of Sherlock Holmes at the 10PM showing. Lovin’ you RDJ, can’t wait for Iron Man II.

No but seriously do I absolutely need to see Avatar? The hype is incredible and it seems like the geekaziod flicks I normally flock too. Def need to see it sometime soon!

Anyway if you wanna look like an Avatar by some chance, Neytiri to be exact, Milani created this awesome face chart that details how you can do it using some great cosmetics from the brand. I personally love blues and aquas myself so this totally appeals.

Here’s the face chart for your downloading pleasure.

Milani Cosmetics Avatar Look 1

Used for the look above:

• Milani 3D Glitzy Gloss ($6.49)
  • Milani Runway Eyes Fashion Shadows ($8.49)
  • Milani Crystal Eyez ($6.49)

What do you think?

Would you sport an Avatar look?

I’m all for the blue shadow but not sold on a blue lip!

Check out more from Milani at www.milanicosmetics.com

• 1/20/10 16:45 Connie:

I’d love to do a look inspired by avatar because the blues are so gorgeous but without the blue lip!

• 1/20/10 16:48 the Muse:

ditto connie! Can’t pull off the blue lip but likey the blues on the eyes! :-D if you re-create can you share ?! :) please? :)

• 1/20/10 17:03 Marina:

Haven’t seen Avatar, though my mom has (not usually into those things, but I am) and she RAVED about it.
    Loving the eyes, but not the lips.

• 1/20/10 17:37 the Muse:

hey marina, me either yet! :) it’s gotten so many raves I’m tempted but I also felt like I wasn’t too into it, looks geeky but not sure!

Ditto for me eyes, but nay lips!

• 1/26/10 13:02 Marina:

I wasn’t too excited about seeing it this weekend, but it was really great. Must see it in 3D. Plus there was an Alice preview in 3D, so it made it waaaay cooler!
        I’m a huge Lost fan, and one of the actresses from that show is in the movie :)

• 1/26/10 13:29 the Muse:

omg marina Alice preview in 3D!? want! :-D aw coolness! I ended up seeing Lovely Bones this weekend but it’s on my list of movies to see!

• 1/20/10 17:12 Inês:

No Avatar look for me! I only sport blue on my nails from time to time, all the rest makes me look sick :x

Btw, Avatar is a must see on 3D, it’s damn impressive and realistic. Other than that, it’s pretty much a pass XD

• 1/20/10 17:38 the Muse:

aw ines! darn! I do so love aquas/blues :)

Def wanna take a lookiee! It was on the to do list but sherlock holmes reigned supreme :)

• 1/20/10 18:30 Inês:

I love the colors, but when I try to wear them as eyeshadows it looks like I was punched :( I can work pretty well with navy and turquoise eyeliner though!

I still have to watch Sherlock! This is the best time of the year to go to the cinema, being so close to the Oscars! All the best releases of the year are usually packed on these months :D

• 1/21/10 9:39 the Muse:

aw ines that stinks :( At least the liners work :) I agree they really do a big rally for oscar winners :-D SH is still play well after xmas :) you must see! it was fabs!

• 1/20/10 17:20 Hannah:

Yes, you should most definitely catch it sometimes. The plot imo is now super wow awesome but the graphics is pretty sweet and the story still entertaining even if it was over 2 hours long :)

I kind of wished you would recreate the look for us lol. Minus the blue lips maybe haha :P

• 1/20/10 17:37 the Muse:

hey hannah! over 2? damn :-D ha! I’m very into the graphics, looks cool! :) Maybe I’ll try it as I think I have all the mentioned products w00t! :)

• 1/20/10 20:04 Hannah:

Looking forward to a Muse Avatar look then <3

• 1/21/10 9:38 the Muse:

hi hannah! :-D def will get on it, give me a few as I’m swamped with all else :P

• 1/20/10 17:25 Phyrra:

I LOVE rockin’ a blue lip, a la Ryunome from Fyrinnae :)

I like the look.

Honestly, I really enjoyed Avatar. Go see it in 3D. Totally worth it!

• 1/20/10 17:38 the Muse:

dd you CAN rock the blue lip :-D

Def will do! :)

• 1/20/10 17:32 NuNu:

LOL!Oh Musey, when I saw the name of this post on my blogroll, I thought you’d gone n smurfed yourself up!
    With regards to Avatar, you def need to watch it in IMAX 3D. We’ve gone to watch it twice already. The story is a bit meh, it’s like Fern Gully mixed Captain Planet, but the graphics are AH-MAZE-ZING.
    I still haven’t gone to watch Sherlock, it is gonna ruin my image of a tweed clad, deerstalker capped, pipe smoking, coke snorting Sherlock?

• 1/21/10 9:42 the Muse:

LOL nunu!!! no smurfy for me :-D OMG YOU are so as old as me! Captain Planet ha! ummmm….yea kinda it will. It’s a re-take on Sherlock Holmes that’s for sure. he has all those qualities minus the tweed! :-D

• 1/20/10 17:42 autumn:

gawgous eyes, never would wear blue lips though, eep.
    you totally should see avatar. i saw it on monday, and i loved it. the effects are awesome, esp. if you watch it in 3D. great movie, def. recommend.

• 1/20/10 18:00 the Muse:

autumn all this talk got me hyped maybe this Friday! :-D I’ll tell ya what I think! Me either blue lips are my cut off haha!

• 1/20/10 20:16 Mollie:

I think I was the only one of my friends who actually looked at it as a STORY and not just a special effects fest. Maybe I read into things too much, but I felt that a lot of my own personal spirituality was reflected in the Na’vi worldview. Call me crazy… but I felt a strange affinity for them! Other than my personal bias, I think you need to definitely see it. It is a visually beautiful film, above anything else.

• 1/21/10 9:38 the Muse:

Mollie sounds incredible maybe will go see this weekend :-D

• 1/20/10 22:43 Kayce:

Do you by any chance know which color polish that is on the face chart?

• 1/21/10 0:17 the Muse:

i do not kayce but will find out for u!

• 1/20/10 23:17 donna:

avatar is beautiful and amazing. yes, you are most certainly missing much. go see it! :D

• 1/21/10 0:19 the Muse:

will do Donna :-D

• 1/20/10 23:34 jackieg02:

Yes, you need to see Avatar. In IMAX 3D. Period. End of story.
    I drug my father with me to see it and he loved it and wants to go see it again.

And I’d rather not rock the blue look. I’ll leave that to Neytiri.

• 1/21/10 9:37 the Muse:

lol jackie I guess it’s a yay for avatar :-D Ooo I dunno why with your blond hair you could so rock the blue hun!

• 1/21/10 11:37 jackieg02:

nah, when i wear blue eyeshadow i feel like i’m channeling Mimi from Drew Carey…but it could possible be all in my head.

• 1/21/10 12:00 the Muse:

LOL jackie omg she was scary!

• 1/21/10 7:18 Toshiko Kadir:

I love the blues…maybe not on the lip though.

EVERYONE has to see Avatar. I’ve seen it three times. It is a very simple story done gorgeously. I was sceptical when I walked into the cinema and was swept away with it. If you love beauty, this is indeed a beautiful film and I even cried the first time round. There isn’t a dull moment and the story line is a definite CHICK flick and boys will love it because you just want to be a Na’vi. GO AVATAR! Go MUSE!!

• 1/21/10 9:36 the Muse:

toshiko ditto here, love the blue, not the lip though!

it sounds incredible hun! Really need to get to the theater! :-D haha thanks!!!!! *hugs*

• 1/21/10 8:26 laura r:

curious to know what you think of Avatar once you see it!

love the blue lippie, actually. i’d be more likely to get that than the shadow, though both appeal. can’t wait to see this in stores.

• 1/21/10 9:20 the Muse:

hey laura! what’s up? will post back when I see :-) actually most of it is in stores already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1/21/10 8:55 suz:

tempting look!! but no blue lipstick…people would think am out of my mind and halloween is far away!!

• 1/21/10 9:36 the Muse:

lol ditto suz!

• 1/21/10 13:40 Anitacska:

Erm, no thanks! :) I don’t want to look like a blue alien. :D

• 1/21/10 15:18 the Muse:

lol anita I’m surprised you totally rock blue!

• 1/21/10 13:49 Gia:

Avatar graphics were pretty kick ass! Def go see it in 3D. I got dragged opening weekend to see it by my bf. It was a good movie. Nothing really original in the plot line. It feels like an adult/alien version of Pocahontas.

I love Milani’s eyeshadows but have stopped buying them because they break like crazy. They don’t even break from dropping it just from everyday normal usage. The lines of shadow in the case seem very soft and start cracking. I ended up throwing my blue one away because it just fell apart and it annoyed me to no end. I don’t know if it’s for all their eyeshadows or just the line palette pictured up on top.

Oh I wanna do blue lips! In 9th grade I was queen of opaque glossy blue lipgloss with gliter on top.

• 1/21/10 14:09 Kiradris:

Cool makeup collection, but I think I am in the minority in that I hated Avatar. The storyline was very simplistic – basically a recycled “colonialism is bad” narrative that we have seen before. The buzz about the animation and 3-D was so overhyped I ended up being disappointed in it – and the movie was about an hour too long. The only saving grace? Sam Worthington is a hot piece!

• 1/21/10 15:17 mochamishmash:

I’m a big fan of Milani!

So I will be looking for the lip gloss and holo polishes before they’re all snagged up. I think the blue gloss can def be wearable by putting it on top of a lilac or pink lipstick or lip pencil (I have a Glizty gloss and mine is rather sheer, so maybe this one is too). As for the blue eyeshadow, I’d wear it too, just not like the face chart.

Thanks for giving us the 411 once again!

• 1/22/10 2:21 Coral:

I loved Avatar. It was amazing and the graphics were awesome. With that said, it was like watching Ferngully with better animation. The story isn’t anything that’s fantastic, but the look of it is.
    I can’t wait to see what the make up looks like in the store. I’m such a fan of vibrant blues.

• 1/26/10 16:13 the Muse:

coral sounds gorg! :) I am too! Blues/aquas/totally my go to shades for Summer!

• 1/23/10 18:10 Hana:

I wasn’t all that impressed with Avatar. The pacing was kind of weird, and the story is just like the Disney Pocahontas story. XD Plus, 3D always makes me sick, but my roommate insisted on it. :( He looooved the movie though.

Afterwards we went and saw Princess and the Frog. I liked that one much better. :D

• 1/26/10 15:54 the Muse:

aw no good hana? Haven’t seen yet, ended up seeing lovely bones this weekend! :-D ha! cartoons I can dig!

• 1/25/10 15:55 rewolf:

I have this stuff! Ilove milani’s eyeshadow sets. they are always the right shade or at least i can blend one from them. nice true pigments. I just might try this look. Also, Max Factor has a frosted Navy lipstick that looks normal on almost. It’s called #1950, bleu sauvage, or wild blue.

• 1/26/10 13:58 the Muse:

hey rewolf couldn’t agree more they make some fab shadows. ooo sounds interesting! thanks for the rec on the MF!

• 1/31/10 13:25 Del:

I’m also curious to know if you’ll love Avatar just as much as some of us readers. I could never rock blue or black lips, but much props to those who can! Shadows look fun. Wonder if there will be a lot of Neytiri’s around this Halloween…

• 2/1/10 16:20 the Muse:

still haven’t seen del damn :) I ended up at Legion this weekend :) I’m sure Avatar will rule the Halloween scene :)