Beauty Abroad: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation and Concealer

Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation 1

Being a very big fan of Bourjois I’m quite happy to let you know about the latest release entitled Healthy Mix.

Jump!

Two brand new items grace the line which are Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation and Bourjois Paris Concealer. I generally enjoy Bourjois foundations so I’m quite excited to try this. On the other hand I am not a fan of Bourjois Concealer however this is the first tube style release of a concealer from Bourjois so I’m eager to see what they have come up with.

Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation 2

Bourjois Paris Healthy Mix Foundation 3

Personally in my opinion Bourjois is known more for it’s color cosmetics rather than it’s base product line however this is where certain fans or brand new users could miss some very good products. The base line in most cases is excellent in my experience and they have released some true foundation gems.

Overall, I’m leaning towards saying Bourjois Healthy Mix will probably be a winner. I can’t wait to try it for myself to find out!

Shortly (or already) these will be releasing in France and hopefully at a later date within Asian, the UK, and the rest of Europe. Since I depend on the UK to get my Bourjois Paris fix I’m hopeful we are looking for it to pop up at Boots sometime at the end of February.

• 1/14/10 6:41 Nia:

The concealer looks *very* interesting! Hope we get this soon :D

• 1/14/10 11:59 the Muse:

nia me too…at least get it in the UK anyway as the US gets none of it lately!

• 1/14/10 13:20 Nia:

I hope you get it.
        If not, let me know, I can get you some ;)

• 1/14/10 20:30 the Muse:

thanks Nia! But I will be bugging you if I don’t *hugs*!!!!!

• 1/15/10 2:52 Nia:

you better ;) *hugs*

• 1/15/10 11:32 the Muse:

aw nia you’re the best I promise I will *hugs* I think I may take you up on it soon :)

• 1/14/10 9:18 daisychain:

Ohh I shall keep my eyes peeled for this, I am sure I saw something else advertised too, but I could easily have dreamt that up!

• 1/14/10 9:42 the Muse:

more bourjois?! share share lauren!

• 1/14/10 10:24 mary_in_wonder:

hmm looks interesting! I wonder when it will hit shelves here…I’ll definitely check them out!

• 1/14/10 11:20 the Muse:

mary I’m surprised it didn’t hit Japan/Korea first but it actually released in France so I imagine UK next and than on to the rest of the world

• 1/14/10 10:37 Juliette:

Just bought bourjois healthy foundation (live in the Netherlands). The best foundation I’ve tried for years. I’m 42 and have dry skin. Very very pleased with the results.

• 1/14/10 10:43 the Muse:

juilette THRILLING to hear! Def need it now!

• 1/14/10 13:03 Nunu:

If you can’t find it, rem there’s a nunu on the other side of the border where they sell Bourjois in *gasp* drugstores!!

• 1/14/10 13:10 the Muse:

aw thank you nunu!!! *HUGZZZZ* I may take you up on this my dear girl :-D!

• 1/15/10 9:31 daisychain:

*Has remembered what the other product is*

Some kind of cream to powder [or something along those lines] mineral foundation!

• 1/15/10 10:54 Hella:

Hi there,
    I don’t know if wI’ll ever lay paws on this foundation here in Bulgaria, but curious as I am I might order it via Internet if you say it’s a total must-have. Looking forward to your review :)

• 1/15/10 11:02 the Muse:

hey hella :-D as soon as I get some I’ll def let you guys know if it’s absolute must have :-D I hope I can rec some places to order online as well when it’s readily available!

Hugs!

• 1/26/10 16:12 cyberme:

i’m very pleased with other foundations i tried from this brand! so i’m going to get this one tomorrow! normally i use mac studio sculpt foundation which i really like but it’s also quite expensive so i’d like to use it only a few days in the week and use a different one on the other days.

• 1/26/10 16:35 the Muse:

yay cyberme lucky girl tell us whatcha think when you gets it! :-D I don’t use MAC SSF as I’m not much of a mac foundation girl but heard great things :-D

• 1/28/10 16:55 Nekoconeko:

Hi Muse,

Just wanna let you know that it’s out in France already. I got it today for 9.6euros (-15%, original price at 11.3euros). Just tried it out and it’s pretty good, with some tiny shimmers (not too much, just enough to brighten up my eye area). Not the very creamy type of moisturizing but it’s hydrating enough that my very dry eyes won’t feel bad.

– Nekoconeko

• 1/29/10 16:28 the Muse:

hi neko! awesome! Wish we had it hear :( Not too badly priced in Euro. I’m very eager to try it. I didn’t love the pen concealer that BP has so this sounds interesting.

Thanks for letting me know hun! :-D happy to hear a review!

• 2/4/10 6:16 Julia:

Tested both in a Japanese drugstore (2.700 Yen is a bit pricey compared to Europe?) and loved them!
    51 is a colour even light enough for me, who usually has problems with even the lightest shade in European stores, and who has been told to “go tan, you look like a ghost”. Plus, I am break-out prone, but when I tested this, my skin didn’t feel itchy at all. It also stayed on for hours. Definitely gonna go back to the store and buy it.
    Same for the concealer. I had looked horrible that day because of a party the night before, but my dark circles just vanished! I would get that one as well if I had money…
    Definitely recommended!

• 2/4/10 15:46 the Muse:

hey julie w00t so happy to have the scoop on these! I’m waiting for them to hit the UK so I can haul! I think it’s a little cheaper in the UK than it is in Japan…but dude so exciting you are living in Japan, stopped by your blog briefly to have a lookiee!

• 2/7/10 2:46 Julia:

Thanks! It’s Julia, though. ;)
    My blog is still in its (or her?) baby shoes, but thanks for dropping by, maybe take another look in some weeks? :)
    If the foundation is 11 Euros in France, I might want to buy it in Germany when I’m home for a short vacation next month. (They don’t regularly sell Bourjois in Germany for some reason, but the bug department store in Berlin should have it.) Really excited!

• 2/15/10 20:06 the Muse:

hey julia! It takes time :-D hehe I remember when mine was just a small baby and on most days I think of it like that :-D

let us know if u get it, curious what you think!

• 2/10/10 13:09 Hella:

Why, oh, why… Why do I always have to feel that miserable when such great products arrive and I see that the lightest shade is terribly dark for me? Argh! It feels so creamy, I want it so much…:( the lightest shade here is 52(I read somewhere there is also 51):(
    But, there’s a bright side, literally – the concealer’s great! More coverage than Bourjois’ other concealers, and all the shades are available:) The packaging’s a little nasty, gets messy all over, but who cares, at least I’m sure I’ll be able to squeeze it ALL out of it:)

• 2/11/10 22:29 the Muse:

aw hella sorry to hear it doll! so happy to hear about the concealer as the pen one was SUCH a let down! :D I have to try both!

• 2/16/10 6:43 Lisa Collette:

Wow!

i am a big Bourjois user, i apply 10 hour sleep effect every day along with the Eclat mineral powder, liner stylo, Ultra care mascara and Lune D’ore Blush.

While going into boots for my new bottle of 10 hour sleep effect i came across ‘Healthy Mix’ I am a paley and selected the 2nd colour ’52 Vanille/Vallia’ It looked closest to the colour i already used.
    One colour brighter than your skin tone brightens up the skin so you can have a nice glow without being a ghost and also without becoming tango’d.. never good!

I have just applied my ‘Healthy Mix’ It smells Beautiful! feels lovely and goes on very nicely just with clean finger tips as i have always done.
    It dries even and looks great, a slight matte finish, but not bad, i’ve tried matte foundations that dry out horribly and look awful but this feels nice and full of moisture, i wasn’t sure i even needed the Mineral powder that i would usually apply to remove any shine as i have oily skin around the nose mostly and 10 hour sleep effect usually has a shine to it either way. I applied a slight brush over just to be sure but its looks and feels great…
    I am actually not sure that i will be going back to 10 Hour Sleep Effect!! I never thought i would say this!

– Lisa x

• 3/10/10 16:09 the Muse:

hi lisa!

I really love 10 hours myself! so great to hear how nice this is! thanks for the mini review I can’t WAIT to try it!

• 3/5/10 8:11 Nia:

So, I got this and tried it for today. The first thing that is bugging me is the smell. Very fruity, smells like the glossy magazines smelled when I was 14 ;)

The results were not really wow… To bad, maybe it works better when my skin is less dry.

• 3/10/10 13:33 the Muse:

hey nia!!! How are you dear! it smells fruity!? OMG I’m on that :-D I’m sad to hear it wasn’t WOW though damn!

• 3/13/10 14:58 sabz:

I havent used bourjois foundations before but i was in need of a good foundation so poped into boots and found the healthy mix on offer and the mixture seemed really smooth and smelled gorguss! I brought 52 vanilla, came home washed my face put my moisteriser on and then applied it on….to be honest i loveeed it! went on very well and no need for powder great coverage! I am soooo picky and fussy when it comes to buying foundations trust me! but am very glad i brought this! but but there is a but lolzz! if you have dry skin then make sure you use a lil more moisteriser there and then apply the h.mix so it dosent look all flacky! Thats all so good luck guys! XD

• 3/15/10 16:37 the Muse:

thanks for the mini review sabz it sounds incredible :) can’t wait to get mine!

• 3/16/10 6:45 Julia:

Got it today, put it on and love it.
    My skin is really bitchy atm because I changed countries and medications (stupid, I know), but it feels good and even covers the worst spots. (Some spots are just uncoverable with normal make-up. ^^;)
    Must test a bit longer, but love it so far. <3

• 3/16/10 16:08 the Muse:

julia sounds great!!!!!! can’t wait to try myself :D

• 4/10/10 7:36 fatma:

i tried Healthy Mix concealer and it seems great.