Beauty News: Calgon Relaunched, New Calgon Packaging

Calgon New Packaging 2

When the Muse was a teenager, many, many, many years ago she was quite taken with the Calgon line of products which is why she’s re-living some of her youth with the brand new Calgon launch.

Jump!

Hitting shelves March 2010 you’ll notice a brand new line of Calgon products, all sporting brand new packaging. To add new zest to the Calgon product line this relaunch will feature more vibrant packaging designs showcasing vivid colors and sensual landscapes so you get your “Calgon, Take Me Away” groove on!

With this release Calgon is set to offer 30 new products adding bath beads, Epsom salts, bubble bath, bath fizzy sets, and more to it’s current collection. In addition, Calgon will also extend it’s specialty bath offerings to include new aromatic fragrances and new formulas such as Calgon 2-in-1 Shower Gels.

Calgon New Packaging 1

I was at CVS a week or two ago and was actually browsing some of the Calgon Body Sprays, gosh they really have gone through a revamp and they are still in the OLD packaging, it’s been that long since I browsed the line! I remember my favorite was Hawaiian Ginger.  Anyone remember that?  It was so sweet and yummy, I wore it through most of high school!

Are you a Calgon fan?

What do you think of the new packaging?

Tell the Muse!

• 1/18/10 12:21 Catherine:

I LOVE hawaiian ginger! It was my favorite when I was in high school too! To me it smells clean but fruity at the same time!

• 1/18/10 12:49 the Muse:

ha catherine! Same here! It was my sig scent throughout HS!

• 1/18/10 12:24 VampiressDoll:

*sighs* I love Calgon especially the Vanilla Swirl body mist. I had to buy it off Ebay as us Brits don’t have Calgon here…too bad.

• 1/18/10 13:32 the Muse:

omg VampiressDoll I will speak to the Queen! You need Calgon :-D haha!

• 1/18/10 12:39 Ashley:

I swear the packagine changed more than four times in the past 3 years! I do remember Hawaiian Ginger though… Who couldn’t? All the girls would be spraying themselves with it in the gym locker room or during breaks in highschool. It made me absolutely dread the scent of it :(

• 1/18/10 12:50 the Muse:

ashley i haven’t been paying attention no kid? Aw LOL! thankfully I think I was the only one sportin’ it at my HS!

• 1/18/10 12:55 Katherine:

WOW! I really like the new packaging. I remember using these products in middle/high school as well.

• 1/18/10 13:23 the Muse:

ha katherine! do you feel old saying that? b/c I do!

• 1/18/10 13:45 Katherine:

Haha, I totally feel old saying that! Kids these days don’t even know about the cartoons I watched as a kid (Anamaniacs?)

• 1/18/10 13:49 the Muse:

omg tell me about it katherine! My friend’s younger brother is 15 and he had given me this mix cd of indie rock bands. he asked what I thought and I had said one of the band’s lead singer’s sounded like John Lennon…he proceeded to ask me who John Lennon was. You gotta be kidding me! Where’s the culture?!?!?!

• 1/18/10 13:06 Tanya:

I remember Hawaiian Ginger too. My favorite Calgon scent ever was called Ahh Spa Tropics or something like that.

• 1/18/10 13:31 the Muse:

hey tanya I think I remember that one! My sis still prob has it laying around as she still buys calgon :-D ha!

• 1/18/10 16:08 Heather:

I’m a Morning Glory fan. ^-^

• 1/18/10 16:11 the Muse:

hey heather me too kinda! it’s my second fav :)

• 1/18/10 21:00 Tohnia:

I loved morning glory! Then it was Thaitan Orchid…i’m really loving the S&G scent right now, hoping that it comes out in the Perfume/Cologne form in Canada soon! I smelled the body spray and fell in love!

• 1/20/10 14:42 the Muse:

hey tohnia morning glory was another fav of mine haven’t tried the orchid, sounds scrummy! :-D I love me some S&G too!!!!!!!!!! It’s just launching soon at Target so I imagine shortly hun!

• 1/18/10 23:32 Mae:

I think I had some kind of “rain” scented one… if I could smell that again I know it would really take me back!

• 1/19/10 16:54 the Muse:

ha mae :-D same here!

• 1/19/10 7:21 Nikkiz.:

I love Hawaiian ginger! We just recently got it here in Manila but I don’t know if it’s the new packaging as I got mine in a box set (shower gel, lotion, body spray and bath puff). I love the scent!!!

• 1/19/10 16:54 the Muse:

hey nikkiz! isn’t it gorg?! :-D I should go get myself one, relive my youth haha!

• 1/20/10 13:56 Tinkerchelle:

Oh Man! Morning Glory was my go-to scent between the ages of 18 and 20. (now over a decade ago- yikes!!) I had all but forgotten its existence until just now. I suspect I will be needing to go pick some up after this, if for no other reason than to soak myself in it and reminisce about the good ol’ days. lol!

• 1/20/10 14:29 the Muse:

hey chelle! morning glory was a 2nd fav of mine :-D ha same here! I was like 17 or so when it was in my stash :-D LOL you and me both!

• 1/30/10 18:56 auroragyps:

I’m a huge fan of their cologne sprays and I have a bunch of them. I use mostly those or B&BW sprays. I used to use Hawaiian Ginger all the time and I still have a small bottle of it. My favorite scent though was Spiced Tea and it smelled a bit like a cross between sweet iced tea with a touch of chai spice.

• 2/1/10 15:27 the Muse:

hey auro! I used to have a ton of ‘em :) oooo sounds lovely I don’t remember that one!!!!!

• 9/12/13 20:59 Issa:

Would you know of any place/distributor here in Manila that sells Calgon Hawaiian Ginger? It was my favorite scent in highschool until maybe college until they were phased out here in Manila.

Thank you.