Musings of a Muse: Romantic Makeup

v day musings

‘ello cheekies!

Whatcha up to today? I was sitting here and realized it’s been SO long since we muse’d together. Wanna Muse V-Day?

The Muse happens to think Valentine’s Day is a little silly. Do we really need one day out of the year to say I Love You? I think not.

However, I’m all for V-Day inspired beauty! Not enough brands embrace the Holiday. Philosophy takes it on a bit and so does Bath and Body Works but in regards to makeup no one really does anything right?

So…let’s muse a little V-Day. What brands would you love to see come out with a Valentine’s Day inspired makeup collection?

Would you love to see one? Not so much?

Have a jump to here my muse!

The closest I’ve gotten to Valentine’s Day inspired makeup recently would be my brush with the Smashbox Heartbreaker Collection. I’d personally love to see MAC embrace the theme. Something hot pink and crazy! MAC could so do a great collection inspired by the Holiday dontcha think?

What about you?

Share it

• 1/12/10 16:42 dina:

i am all for seasonal anything!! i love that seasonality is now reaching into beauty categories, only problem is what the hell do we do with all this stuff?? i know, i know, selective purchasing but try as i might . .. anyways LOVE IT. i am such a sucker for cuteness :/ and just brings instant smile when you’re using an everyday thing with novelty to it.
    maybe some more from BBW, sephora, ulta, clinique, UD, stila, benefit, drug store brands, hard candy, . . . .

• 1/12/10 16:44 the Muse:

LOL Dina I know. same here. I REALLY try to be selective lately but it’s hard :-D UD would be incredible so would stila and benefit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even more drugstore brands would be embraced by me if it had hearts on it LOL!

• 1/12/10 16:44 Kristin:

I have had the same thought! I have long wished that cosmetic companies would do Valentine’s Day collections. I could see Too Faced doing something cute with this, and maybe MAC or Stila too!

• 1/12/10 21:58 the Muse:

oooo yes kristin like to see what TF could do! Def stila :-D!

• 1/13/10 10:46 Lara Debono:

I’d def oopt for a MAC’s Valentine’s look!:-) That would def shake our pockets off. . .wot do ya think huh Muse?:-)

• 1/13/10 11:02 the Muse:

god Lara I’d kill for a MAC v-Day collection! I’d be broke as hell :)

• 1/13/10 13:06 Vonvon:

For me, MAC and Stila V-day collection would be nice…… and I have in my collection, 2 palettes from RMK’s past collections (don’t know which one) with 2 hearts on each palette, an eye palette and a lip one.

• 1/13/10 14:53 the Muse:

oh yes von von I remember those! they are too cute. ’bout two springs ago I think!? I’d love a Stila and a MAC one. MAC sounds incredible but I think Stila would really rawk it hard

• 1/13/10 15:54 Gia:

MAC or Stila def. When they both did the Barbie lines they had some amazing hot and pastel pinks. I am def a pink girl!! Sparkly pink, hot pink, I don’t care!! Too faced would proably do some cute stuff but I’m not a big fan of the brand besides their eyeshadow primer!! And I def can see Urban Decay doing an edgy Valentines day theme.

I’m getting way too into this now!! What about Lush?? Have they ever done anything? They would proably come up with some amazing things! I hate the whole concept of valentines day but I love the colors!!

• 1/13/10 16:05 the Muse:

gia must say barbie from mac was love! so was stila :-D god ud would take on v-day like a bat out of hell! would kill to see that! oh Lush does something every year actually. Small things here and there but they do have small v-day items :-D Me too v-day=overrated silliness but def def def love the idea of v-day makeup and such!