Reader’s Request: Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows Photos

Alice in Wonderland

Please see my original Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows review for more info but a reader requested close up shots of the shadows so I did them.

Hopefully you’ll find these helpful.

Jump!

I know you’re all very busy debating with yourselves at the moment whether you want or do not want to indulge in Alice so hopefully some of these photos, swatches, and such will help you make up your mind if it’s a must have for you or a skip!

Here’s close ups of all the shadows as requested.

Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows 1231

Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows 60

Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows 59

Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows 57

Happy Hauling!

Available now at www.urbandecay.com

• 1/15/10 12:39 Suzanne:

I would totally indulge myself but unfortunatly Urban Decay is not available in The Netherlands.

I tried eBay but the bids go up to like $150, insane!

• 1/15/10 13:14 the Muse:

aw thanks INSANE suzanne :(

• 1/15/10 12:51 donna:

I purchased mine last night! Can’t wait for it to come in the mail. Hopefully it will be amazing enough to justify spending $52 on it, being that I already own 7 of the colors in the palette. Although, you can never truly have enough Urban Decay, right? :D

• 1/15/10 12:57 the Muse:

right Donna! haha :-D I have many of the colors too, I don’t wanna think about it but I probably have all of them :-D EEP!

But it’s such a sweet palette who can resist?

• 1/15/10 13:04 Mollie:

WANT! But I just paid off the last 650.00 of a student loan. So I’d better not if I want to eat. Through the Looking Glass is seriously one of my favorite novels ever… and Urban Decay makes some of my favorite makeup ever…

• 1/15/10 13:13 the Muse:

aw mollie! damn sorry hun! it’s mine too :-D I hope that this will be around a few months before selling out so everyone can grab one!

• 1/15/10 16:35 Emily:

You could always pick up the Alice collection OPI is coming out with. Much cheaper! :)

• 1/18/10 9:55 the Muse:

hey emily good suggestion :)

• 1/18/10 15:05 Mollie:

That would be cool too! Thanks! I didn’t even know OPI was doing one. =) When is that coming out? And also, just an educated guess… how long will UD keep this palette? Anyone know? I know it’s limited edition, so probably not too long.

• 1/18/10 15:29 the Muse:

hey mollie it’s in stores now hun :-D

Not sure how long but take a wild guess and say well into move release date time, would be insane if not as the marketing of the movie would up the sales of the palette. No worries I’m sure you’ll see it around until at least end of March/April when it does restock!

• 1/15/10 13:04 suz:

I am gonna come rob you!! I can’t get this until next month :( I hope they don’t get sold out by then :,(

• 1/15/10 13:15 the Muse:

hehe suz! I’m kinda hopeful it’ll stick around for the movie release!

• 1/15/10 14:06 suz:

I hope so…I just got paid…but of course damn bills come first :( and sister!!

• 1/15/10 14:21 the Muse:

aw suz! I think it will! It would be nuts not to market it so everyone gets it when the movie gets here and after right? it might sell out now but they will prob restock :)

• 1/15/10 13:11 Marina:

That’s the point! I need to save some money to get MUFE and MAC palettes but I want this because… well, it’s pretty. I don’t really need it, but I will get it :P
    And thank you for taking lots of photos ! x

• 1/15/10 13:14 the Muse:

hehe marina you’re most welcome :-D I’m hear to tempt!

• 1/15/10 15:02 mary_in_wonder:

mmm Midnight tea party and Queen are my favourites! *.* Very pretty! Do we get to see EOTDs with them? =D

• 1/15/10 15:11 the Muse:

hey mary i’ll def create more looks hun :-D!

• 1/15/10 17:48 Robyn:

urgh cant believe i have to wait till march to buy this i wish things got released in the uk at the same time !
    it looks gorgeous and i dont have any of the shades already yay i only have their deluxe shadows so im so excited by this

i really want to do alice lid/ underworld crease/queen or the green one i cant quite make out the name in the inner corner

• 1/18/10 10:04 the Muse:

hey robyn aww I know such a pain the US got it first :( that sounds like an interesting combo! send pics when you create :-D green one=Homegrown :)

• 1/15/10 22:13 Marina:

Sold out @ 10 pm. Wowzah.

• 1/18/10 9:45 the Muse:

marina I was shocked somewhat! I thought it might but wasn’t sure!

• 1/16/10 4:45 Alex:

I ordered this at midnight the day it came out, and Im glad I did, cuz its already sold out! =D

• 1/18/10 9:41 the Muse:

alex i know crazy right? :)

• 1/16/10 10:25 Kat:

Well, it’s already sold out on the website after being available for only one day – I ordered mine at 8am yesterday because I figured that might happen. I’m sure they’ll get more up, though, especially if they’re going to release it at Sephora as well.

• 1/18/10 9:40 the Muse:

kat I was mindboggled! I thought it might happen but another side of me say naaa it’ll be around but nope sold out the same day it released, what an accomplishment! Oh yes def!

• 1/16/10 20:26 Karli:

Y’know, I’ve gotta say. I don’t get the hype about this palette. I happen to be a devoted Urban Decay junkie. And I have all those shades (and if you have one or two of UD’s palettes, you probably have quite a few of them, too). And I know a lot of people who own most or all of those shades already and still want the palette. I don’t get it. The only thing different is the names and the packaging. And yeah, it looks pretty. But when I heard about this palette, I thought it would be really, really different. Y’know, colors that you’d never really see. To make it special. But they didn’t even choose to rename fun, bright colors (the colors that should go along with Alice in Wonderland).
    Most of them are neutrals.

Brilliant marketing, though.

• 1/18/10 9:36 the Muse:

hey karli. I guess the appeal is the entire “Alice” theme :) I have the shades too, I’d say maybe one of them I don’t have. I guess they had alot going with Winter and tons of exclusive shade releases for the Holiday that they went a bit traditional with this, I really don’t know. I do think part of it’s appeal is the Alice in Wonderland packaging and that indeed is what makes it so hyped up :)

• 1/17/10 0:25 Christy:

Great photo’s & great colors. I want it, but they don’t ship to Canada! I hope the Sephora I go to gets it in.

• 1/18/10 9:44 the Muse:

christy I’m hearing it will be in Canada shortly :)

• 1/18/10 21:29 Christy:

Yea!

• 1/20/10 8:19 petitez:

OMG! I want this but its out of stock already! So sad! :(

• 1/20/10 14:16 the Muse:

pets can you believe how quick it sold out!?

• 1/22/10 8:40 petitez:

Ya! I can’t believe it! You’re lucky you got it!

• 1/22/10 15:45 the Muse:

I was indeed pets! :-D

• 1/22/10 23:17 petitez:

So envious! Do you think UD will be releasing more? I really hope to get it. :)

• 1/26/10 14:21 the Muse:

oh yes for sure Serene! :-D I hope ‘pore gets it with the UD launch in ‘pore soon!

• 1/29/10 10:25 laura:

I just ordered mine yesterday…I don’t really wear makeup that often but I saw this and could not resist. I love the whole set up can’t wait to get it in the mail.

• 1/29/10 10:44 the Muse:

yay laura enjoy it honey! It’s gorg!