Reader’s Request: Urban Decay Primer Potion Comparison Sin, Eden, and Original Formula

Urban Decay Primer Potion 1

As requested by a reader here are picture comparisons of the Urban Decay Primer Potions which include Sin, Eden, and the original formula.

Jump!

Urban Decay Primer Potion 2

Urban Decay Primer Potion 4

Urban Decay Primer Potion 5

• 1/20/10 18:24 Lakish:

Wow…just ordered UDPP (original) for the first time ever since I stumbled into the beauty world. However, Sin is too gorgeous! Never really saw the shade until now…thank you for the swatches! :)

• 1/20/10 18:27 the Muse:

yay lakish welcome to the world of UDPP! you won’t be able to leave without it now haha! :-D My pleasure! Sin is a nice metallic purplely pink cocktail! Gorg! :)

• 1/20/10 18:32 Leanne:

I found Sin to be a bit erm… I suppose wetter and greasier than original UDPP. I didn’t even know Eden existed, when did that come out? Is the consistency more comparable to Sin, or Original?

• 1/20/10 18:58 SoVeryFabulous:

I’m looking forward to trying Eden after seeing your earlier post on it. Went to Sephora the other day and they didn’t have it yet though and the person I asked didn’t know anything about it. Guess I’ll have to keep checking back, hopefully I see it soon!

Thanks for the comparison between all of them :)

• 1/20/10 19:10 jasmin:

thanks so much! i can see the difference well now!

• 1/20/10 19:19 Christine:

definitely want the eden. as you review on it point out. it can be a two in one deal eye primer/concealer

• 1/20/10 19:36 Katherine:

Thanks for the comparison! I saw your review on Eden and might have to give it a try on my under eye circles, even though I hate UD’s wasteful packaging.

• 1/20/10 19:42 Phyrra:

Wow, ok, I _really_ can see the difference between the original and Eden.

• 1/20/10 20:02 Phyrra:

This just convinced me to purchase it ;)

• 1/26/10 16:18 the Muse:

damn I’m good dd LOL!

• 1/20/10 21:37 Aretha:

I have sin and the original one. i havent worn sin much because i find it too shimmery sometimes! i much prefer the original one. i’ll try and get my hands on the eden one to see if i like it better. :P thanks for the swatches hun!

• 1/20/10 22:02 Lisa Kate:

Hmm…so Eden=too dark for Lisa, then? Darn this pale skin!

• 1/21/10 10:56 the Muse:

lisa don’t go my swatches hun for some reason this is rather dark, lighting was off for me sorries!

• 1/21/10 0:07 Chelle Chioa:

Ooh I’m gonna grab all these three when I get the chance! ^.^

• 1/21/10 0:18 the Muse:

can’t blame ya chelle :)

• 1/21/10 0:53 starryxuan:

shall grab the other 2 (sin & eden) to complete my UD Primer potion family! Its too tempting! :)

• 1/21/10 10:48 the Muse:

hehe starry! come back and tell us what you think when you get them!

• 1/21/10 3:07 Nia:

Thanks Muse, you’re the best :)

• 1/21/10 9:23 the Muse:

nia long time no speak miss ya! :-D my pleasure!

• 1/21/10 9:47 Nia:

aww *hugs* miss you too! Am a bit busy with work.

Btw, the white Bourjois mascara is out here… I might give it a try. Interested?

• 1/21/10 4:28 Isabelle:

I understood that at the moment the Eden version is only available at Séphora US (I did not find it on the Urban Decay website). Any news about when it might get available worldwide?
    I just can’t wait to buy one!!!

• 1/21/10 10:53 the Muse:

haven’t heard yet Isabelle but let me see what info I can get for you doll :)

• 1/21/10 12:12 Isabelle:

Thanks a lot!!!

• 1/21/10 13:29 the Muse:

your most welcome Isabelle :)

• 1/21/10 7:50 rebecca:

you did it again – me bought!!! luckily I found one on ebay as it seems you can only get Eden from Sephora :-(

• 1/21/10 9:20 the Muse:

rebecca true :( it is Sephora only at the moment but glad you got some w00t!

• 1/21/10 10:48 Paloma:

meh……I was excited to hear about Eden, but that color is so gross….I’d do a lot better with my UDPP in Sin.

• 1/21/10 10:53 the Muse:

don’t let my swatches sway you paloma, totally taken in the wrong light :)

• 1/21/10 13:10 Donna:

I giggled to myself just a bit when I saw this new UDPP name. Now they have Original, Sin, and Eden. Hehehehehe. Ooooh, I’m so easily amused.

Anyway. I LOVE UDPP in sin, feel like I NEED the original to make my shadows look right, but I think I would LOVE Eden!

• 1/26/10 16:41 the Muse:

ha wonder what’s next donna :-D Heaven? Hell? :-D

Eden=AWESOME

Really lovin’ it at the moment!

• 1/22/10 7:02 Liz:

Thanks for the swatches. Is Eden as yellow as it looks? In one pic it looks like a beige and in the other pic it looks yellow. In the first pic it seems just a bit browner than the original UDPP.

• 1/22/10 15:47 the Muse:

hi liz eden is about the same color as the bottle. it’s a beige, golden sort of yellow. you can’t really go by pics as the lightening is sometimes off. It’s beige golden yellow to me kinda of like butter yellow. hope this helps! browner than the original UDPP? the original formula isn’t brown!?

• 1/23/10 0:07 Liz:

Well, I didn’t exactly mean brown, brown. :) I’m trying to figure out who would want a mustard yellow primer on their eyes. I could understand a darker beige (which is what I was trying to say with “brown”) but mustard yellow? But as you say, it’s the same color as the bottle? I guess I have to see it in person.

• 1/23/10 2:42 the Muse:

lol liz I was like whoa brown?! my swatches are really OFF! haha! the worst part about swatching is lighting and also it varies from monitor to monitor because sometimes on my monitors are home something looks so bright and perfect and than I go to my office and I’m like oh crap that looks BAD! But it’s def not mustard yellow my dear it’s more buttery :) plus the yellow is really good for banishing dark dull lids :) It is indeed almost the same exact color as the bottle. I always def rec playing in store so you can get a feel for it. :)

I’m so sorry about the swatches :) I def try to get them as good as possible but it’s tough sometimes :)

• 7/18/11 19:55 Mackenzie:

I haven’t used Urban Decay Primer Potion before, besides, I never bought it in my life. LOL!