Stash Spotlight: Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact

The Muse happens to be a big fan girl when it comes to Jill Stuart cosmetics however one item that never completely captured her heart is the Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact. Recently I started using them again and it was quite a nice little surprised when I actually started liking the results.

Jill Stuart Blush 1

Take the jump for a peek at my stash spotlight of these blushes.

I believe it was Spring 2007 that the original Jill Stuart Mix Blush Compact was introduced. This caused quite an uproar due to the fact that the brand had always concentrated on loose powder blushes so the general idea of a pressed powder being added really caused a wave of excitement.

Jill Stuart Blush 3

Jill Stuart Blush 4

Jill Stuart Blush 5

Jill Stuart Blush 6

Jill Stuart Blush 7

Fast forward closer to the relate date and I recall many a fan babbling, including myself, about the attached brushed. Would it be removable? Turns out indeed the brush was removable and the overal packaging of the blushes was a great success. Obviously you can see from my pictures what an elegant piece of feminine makeup it is.

Now my problem with the blushes was always how subtle they were but as of late I’ve come to appreciate a lighter blush that leaves behind a wash of color. These bring exactly that to the table.

The Jill Stuart cosmetic range was originally launched in Japan and later in other Asian countries and just recently within the US at the flagship Jill Stuart store in New York.

The blush packaging has evolved since it’s original release and now sports an interesting lace design and “J” charm. I actually like the newer style of the blush simply because it gives the palette more of a flair where as before it was a little plain.

Jill Stuart Blush 2

Jill Stuart Blush 8

The blushes are truly little pieces of cosmetic gorgeous and are a welcome addition to my collection. Hope you enjoyed this spotlight into my Jill Stuart stash.

Do share some of your Jill Stuart favs!

Love to hear all about ‘em!

• 1/22/10 13:30 suz:

I will soon get a lot of goodies from Japan!! Finally, I found a person who can get stuff for me from japan. my sister’s friend who is Japanese and lives there! *jumps in excitement*

I’ve been eyeing these lovely blushes forever!! Which one is your favorite out the three?

• 1/26/10 16:12 the Muse:

awesome suz! stock up! :-D mmmm not sure as I don’t have the shades handy hehe! so not sure which is a fav :) they are home and I’m at work ha!

• 1/22/10 13:40 aretha:

very pretty! i must get myself one of these when i go to japan this summer :) ive never used or purchased their cosmetics before as we dont have the brand here. but i am most intrigued by their jelly eyecolors!

• 1/22/10 15:43 the Muse:

oh aretha take me with! haven’t been in a few years sigh! oh they are fab I have a few and loves ‘em!

• 1/22/10 14:38 NuNu:

I’m a total packaging whore, so I buy these just so they can sit n look pretty, but when it comes to using them…don’t you find that Jill Stuart cosmetics in general look very alike and gives the same effect once it’s on? her eye palettes all pretty much have a shimmery purple, a shimmery pink, a shimmery silver and a white. Her blush compacts all pretty much have an orange, a dark pink, a light pink and then a white or a peach.
    Remember those fake JS eye palettes? it sounds terrible, but I’d seriously love to have THOSE colours xD

• 1/22/10 16:05 dina:

the packaging on these is gorgeous!! love it

• 1/26/10 16:01 the Muse:

hehe dina :-D you love?!

do you have any JS?

• 1/26/10 16:10 dina:

i don’t yet, i think i remember you posting they were available in the nyc store? i might have to float in there one city day and just look and drool . . . yeah, that’s it, just look . . . ;)

• 1/26/10 19:05 the Muse:

yup soho dina! w00t! :-D look, mmmm hmmm I believes u!

Hey I hit up nordies rack the other day, thought of you, wow NADA in there. wtf!? everyone snagged it all?! hehe! btw do you have gtalk or something as I suck at email!

• 1/26/10 22:54 dina:

yeah i went to rack last monday and zip, a waste of time really but i got it off my radar for a while. just went to sephora tonight and the w.p. one is looking a little straggily lately :( or maybe i’m going there too much!
            i don’t have gtalk or any of those, just email & facebook :/ my technical advancements end with my stunning internet shopping skills, ha! but i emailed you a few wks ago, not sure if you got to it that dejarose is (or was) @ CCO!! i debated emailing you again about it, didn’t wanna be stalkerish :)

• 1/27/10 10:23 the Muse:

mine too dina. totally a waste of time. Slim pickings for accessories, shoes, and couture as well. What I hate about it is anything I take the time to actually locate something nice it ends up being ripped, stained, or a zipper doesn’t work or something so I’ve taken to going in just to look at the accessories (which are kinda cheapie for Nordies), or the makeup (which isn’t much at all), or shoes. Sucks :(

Oh hellllllllllll I need to get to CCO and stock up! I NEED dejarose in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no no go right ahead if I don’t reply email away. I’m BAD with email as I get too many and get overwhelmed :) but go right ahead and email! Do you have twitter!? I suck at facebook as well hehe!

Just enjoy talking to you so much and wanna keep in touch outside of Musings prob is I stink at email :) so twitter/gtalk/messenger are fabs :)

• 1/27/10 11:03 dina:

yes haul it over to woodbury lady! :)
            i don’t have twitter but was contemplating joining b/c it seems like so many promos are going through there as of late! and i’d love to chit chat more, it is excellent to know someone a) with same beauty product overload [although you by far exceed mine and i bow down] and b) you’re in my hood! we can mock together! :)
            until then i will keep on emailing & commenting. we must go shopping sometime!

• 2/1/10 16:45 the Muse:

damn dina wanted to go this weekend but way to brisk out so ended up doing stuff up and around the city instead. it’s true lots of promos go through twitter please join so we can talks :) LOL no way we are VERY close from what I see! I’d LOVE to hit up the shops together maybe in the Spring!? :)

• 1/22/10 17:03 Kate:

Such pretty shades and packaging. I especially love the jewel on the brush.

• 1/26/10 14:31 the Muse:

hey kate def love the packaging :-D

• 1/22/10 18:23 Kiradris:

Do you know where you can get these in the US? I’ve been dying to try one.

I have an e/s quad from Jill Stuart, but I found the shadows a bit too glittery than I like :-(

• 1/26/10 14:29 the Muse:

hi kira check out my shopping guide to Japanese makeup. it’s very pricey though sadly as online shops jack pricing up. You can also call the JS store as I believe they ship in the US.

• 1/22/10 22:41 muyya:

First and foremost, the packaging is to die for. It reminds me of those beautiful classic metal vanity treys and hand mirrors.

I was wondering, how is the pigmentation/finish of the highlighter part (whitest ivory color) in the Jill Stuart blush compact? I’m in the search for a great highlighter! ^_^

• 1/26/10 16:00 the Muse:

mmm me too muyya which is why I love it :-D

Pigmentation is nice, matte finish on the blush and the highlighter part can barely see it imho. wouldn’t buy it just for that :) hun!

• 1/22/10 23:44 petitez:

I only have 1 blusher. Its really pretty and nice but somehow I prefer the eyeshadow palettes! Maybe thats why I have more of them and only 1 blusher. :P

• 1/26/10 14:21 the Muse:

lol same here pets. I have like 10 of the eyeshadow palettes and only a few of the blushes!

• 1/23/10 2:14 Chelle Chioa:

Oh temptations in life! This is one of the loveliest blush ever! I’m getting one when I go JS shopping again =p I’d love to see how the lovely blush looks on your cheeks ^.^ I imagine it’s gonna be subtle and yet very pretty…

• 1/23/10 2:39 the Muse:

hey chelle! :-D JS is so absurdly pretty :) I first didn’t love how sheer/subtle it was but as of late I’ve come to appreciate it so much! :)!!! You def need some in your makeup collection :)

• 1/23/10 3:38 Reggi:

AH i cant wait to go to TW later this year… i’m gonna grab one of these babies (or two… or three… LOL)

• 1/26/10 14:20 the Muse:

lol reggi get an extra suitcase. TW is an experience and you’ll want EVERYTHING plus it’s cheaper in TW than Japan!

• 1/23/10 9:37 Lisa:

Hey Muse! How do you like the attached brush–how would you say it compares to regular brushes (which ones do you usually use)? It LOOKS soooooo pretty, does it perform, too?

Off-the-current-Topic: I STILL don’t know what to do with VS Honey-Do Body Double Mist, everything gets so darn slippery when I use it!

• 1/26/10 14:14 the Muse:

mmm Lisa it’s very soft and lovely. I normally use MAC and I’m currently obsessing over Bobbi Brown brushes but they are kinda outside my price range :-D It performs great. I started out life hating these but I learned to love the subtle finish!

awwww I KNOW god I hate double mists for that reason! Try using after a shower and be sure to lay down the towel on the floor so you don’t slip! Brush your hair, apply makeup, etc…while it dries down than slip your clothes on :)

• 1/23/10 9:48 Suzanne:

ohmy these are gorgeous!

• 1/26/10 14:13 the Muse:

hehe suzaane :-D

• 1/24/10 16:21 Bakeneko:

I haven’t got any Jill Stuart make-up at all and I really really really NEED some!

• 1/25/10 21:41 the Muse:

bakeneko your makeup life is not complete with out JS in it :)

• 1/28/10 12:10 Bakeneko:

I would have to agree with that!

• 1/28/10 15:29 the Muse:

concurred Bakeneko :-D

• 1/25/10 11:58 MissB:

Never tried this brand but her packaging is to die for! Loves it. I wish it was easier to get to and a lower price wouldn’t hurt. Is there any way to buy her beauty products online, can’t seem to find anywhere to buy it.

• 1/26/10 14:00 the Muse:

I agreed MissB lower prices would be heaven! and easily accessible. Yes but all the prices are REALLY high. You can try looking at my Japanese Cosmetic Buying Guide for suggestions for online shopping :-D

Also call the Jill Stuart flagship store I believe they ship!

• 1/25/10 12:29 lk:

Who cares what’s inside them, these compacts are perfection! I’m such a packaging junkie, and while these are not the chic-est thing I’ve ever seen, they’re so fun and girly that I’m hooked.

• 1/25/10 14:07 the Muse:

omg lk me too! :-D they could put dirt inside and I wouldn’t care :-D as the packaging is adorable!

• 1/25/10 13:44 K:

dontcha just love their packaging?! uber cute and simply irresistible! i love their jelly eye colors too (aside from their blushes).

• 1/26/10 13:59 the Muse:

god I love the jelly eye colors too K! they are just great and the packaging=awesome!