Victoria’s Secret Brilliantly Sexy Collection

VS Makeup Spring 2010

A few days ago…..let me lower my voice, don’t wanna anyone hearing this….a  few days ago I said no to shimmer.

GASP!  Try not to be alarmed I’m ok!   I took one look at Victoria’s Secret Brilliantly Sexy Makeup Collection and walked away.   Does anyone have some sort of prize or treat they can give me for being so mature?  This is big!

Ha!

No but seriously I actually did look at it and I even grabbed one of the little booklets they keep out next to new collections but I didn’t buy a single item. I dunno, I have a little too much shimmer in my life. As pretty as the collection was I believe it’s not LE and will be around for a while so I can always indulge later. They seem to be promoting it as simply something new that they are adding to the VS Makeup Collection so try not to be mislead into believing it’s some LE makeup you absolutely HAVE to get right away.

Moral of the story is, it is pretty brilliant looking but I skipped, yay me!

But you can check it after the jump if you’re curious!

• Victoria’s Secret Brilliant Shimmer Shadow ($10)

Loose powder pigments with a brilliant shimmer finish available in six shades. Don’t get fooled here because they display three of these in a special display but if you peep at the catalog display you’ll notice three more shades. $10 is very reasonable but as I said I REALLY do not need more shimmery shades of shadow in my life.

Victorias Secret Brilliantly Sexy Makeup 2

• Victoria’s Secret Brilliant Glitter Liquid ($10)

Available in four shades and again very reasonably priced if you’re not wanting to splurge on say Urban Decay Heavy Metal these could be a cheap dupe up!

Victorias Secret Brilliantly Sexy Makeup 3

• Victoria’s Secret Lip Gloss ($10)

Two new shades which are Embrace (beige) and Intimate (pink)

Victorias Secret Brilliantly Sexy Makeup 1

• Victoria’s Secret Brilliant Shimmer All Over Powder ($14)

Two new shades in Candygirl (pink) and Star (gold)

Victorias Secret Brilliantly Sexy Makeup 4

For me it’s a bit more Holiday than Spring but hey I can’t complain when it comes right down to it as I’m a total junkie for shimmer. I just wasn’t feeling it though while I was in the store. Perhaps I’ll come back to it at a later date, we’ll see.

Whatcha think?

Worthy of haulage?

Not so much?

Say it!

• 1/5/10 21:40 Lakish:

Some days, I am embarrassed by my collection of shimmery makeup but I think I’ll have to try some of the products in this line. The gold pigment and Beige look right up my alley.

• 1/5/10 23:51 the Muse:

lakish me too girl lol! but that’s ok we should stand proud in all our shimmery glory!!!!!!!!! :-D I really wanted the beige but I was good enough to walk away! I’m so proud of myself!

• 1/5/10 22:19 Katherine:

I’m intrigued! Especially by those glitter eyeliners and the pigments! Thanks for the update :)

• 1/5/10 23:51 the Muse:

you’re most welcome Katherine :-D

• 1/5/10 22:46 Samantha:

They all look like knockoffs of other brands (Urban Decay, MAC, Bare Escentuals) and I’m NOT digging it

• 1/5/10 23:51 the Muse:

samantha but cheap hehe that’s what counts most of all :-D I find VS makeup pretty nice for the price so not minding the dupe-tastic feel!

• 1/6/10 8:44 suz:

GOOD girl!! You just saved yourself money for better things!!

Reading so many blogs and watching gurus on youtube and all their makeup collection. I started to WANT so much makeup myself…then I read…that majority of makeup needs to be thrown away after a year..if not earlier/and or later if they’ve been opened. So I told myself stay away…buy what you will use!!! So that’s why really…I try not to indulge myself so much when it comes to lip glosses, lipsticks, eye-shadows, and mascara’s since most are prone to bacteria fairly quickly.

that said…I’ve never bought makeup from VS but the pink lipgloss seems tempting if it’s not sticky like almost every lip-gloss I come across!! Grrrrrr I don’t know why cosmetic companies make it so sticky and tacky…YUCK!!!

• 1/15/10 15:29 the Muse:

hehe suz quite proud of myself!

it does, sadly, inded. I try to constantly rotate my stash and try to keep it all updated so I totally understand and relte.

actually I HATE sticky glosses too but I made my peace with them b/c they simply stay on for AGES when they are sticky enough :-D

• 1/6/10 10:50 laura r:

knockoffs forever, mates! (especially if they deliver similar results.)

i am digging the pigments!

• 1/6/10 12:59 NuNu:

GASP!oh noes Musey!!!say it isn’t so!!!no to shimmer??!!!Oh Dear!!
    Soon you’ll be raving about *whisper* mattes!
    xD I have yet to play with the the Beauty Rush shimmer shadows which I hauled over xmas, but will def look into future VS beauty releases once they reach Canada…sometime this decade.

• 1/7/10 15:57 the Muse:

LOL Nunu!!!!! promise I won’t rave mattes anytime soon lmao!

are those the small pigment pots from the Pink line?

• 1/7/10 4:33 Reggi:

i actually got one of the glitter eyeliners and i really regret it… they’re gritty, too glittery, and the brush is the worst!

i didn’t even use it yet… just tried it on the back of my hand, wish i tried it at the store…

hopefully they’ll take it back =(

• 1/7/10 15:35 the Muse:

mmm reggi those looked kinda rubbish when I tried the tester! :( they prob will. tell them you want to switch it for a shadow or a gloss I doubt they’ll give you a hard time hun!