Beauty News: Cake Beauty Launching at Sephora

Cake Beauty

I find it terribly interesting that indie brand Cake Beauty will be available at Sephora soon!

How cool is that?

Cake Beauty is the source of all things sweet for your face, body, hands, feet, hair, and just about all your other bits. I’ve long since considered it and chalked it up as an indie brand that was there but somewhat underestimated and never fully explored by the masses.

I do think it’s commonly known but in some aspects it’s somewhat new to many as well. It won’t be “new” for long once it reaches Sephora shelves it’ll be among many well known brands and will have it’s chance to shine in the spotlight.

Interesting development on the Beauty News front.

Whatcha think?

Do you know of Cake Beauty?

Are you a fan?

Never heard of the line?

Do share!

• 2/2/10 16:17 dina:

verry interesting . . . i want to love these but i don’t know. the only experience with them i have had is from makeup.com and just the thought of the site infuriates me. anyways i returned a few scrubs because they looks so dry and some of the other products had a weird texture and smell but maybe they weren’t fresh? i kept one scrub, a cream, and shampoo & conditioner but haven’t yet tried them. def interested to see if they are worth a second look @ sephora, some of their winter LE items looked really cute and almost philosophy-esque.
    thank you for breaking news as always muse!! ;) d o you know when it’ll become available there?

• 2/2/10 17:07 Marcy:

Is this a brand new line Muse? I have never heard of them before… (but there are so many things in the US not available here…!!)

• 2/2/10 20:44 the Muse:

hey marcy

nope it’s pretty old hun but it’s just now available at Sephora :-D

• 2/2/10 17:10 Norlyn:

I’ve never heard of the brand before, but the idea of a whole line of bakery-inspired products makes me very happy. I love vanilly, cakey perfumes, so this sounds right up my alley! Do you know when its supposed to hit Sephora?

• 2/2/10 20:45 the Muse:

me too norlyn…love anything that’s foody when it comes to beauty products :D Not sure as of yet but I imagine later this Spring doll! But if you are desperate for a try it’s already online for sale at the original website :)

• 2/2/10 17:14 beeks:

Weeeeird… Cake has been available at my local Sephora ever since the store opened. It’s also sold at Chapters/Indigo stores (the Canadian equivalent to Borders, from what I understand). I’ve never tried the brand as I find it a bit pricey, but I’ve been known to sniff a demo or two… very decadent scents!

• 2/2/10 20:45 the Muse:

hey beeks not in the US. It’s only ever been sold online via cake beauty that I’ve seen :-D

I never got around to trying any of it either but def heard it smells lush :)

• 2/2/10 17:30 KristyQ:

Musie! :) We’ve had CAKE at Sephora in-store for a while up North. I love the Milk Made hand cream, but a lot of their shower gels are a miss for me because of the scents, sadly. They just don’t smell nice. It’s really weird. They did a super-cute collabo with Barbie last year, but they gave all the products this absolutely disgusting scent! It was awful! I really wanted to scoop everything up because of the packaging, but I couldn’t imagine showering or scrubbing myself up with that smell. WHEW.

• 2/2/10 20:47 the Muse:

kristy lucky girl! It’s just hitting Sephora here! :-D really? that stinks! what did it smell like!? deets please :-D

• 2/2/10 18:10 Millie:

HMmm..is Cake not available in sephora in the states? i had no idea, i see it on canadian shelves everywhere. some of the products are currently half price at sephora.

• 2/2/10 20:48 the Muse:

nope millie completely new to Sephora here :) but than again Cake is a Canadian brand isn’t it!??! Could be why it’s already on shelves your side!

• 2/2/10 19:02 Ashley:

I’m confuseddd. I thought they had the Cake beauty line at Sephora in the U.S. already! I’ve seen them here in Canada at a Canadian grocery store called “Save-On Foods” AND Sephora’s here. It’s cheaper to get it at Save On Foods but… only certain locations have the full line.

• 2/2/10 20:48 the Muse:

nope ashley :) first time here! I THINK cake is a Canadian brand which accounts for why it’s so readily available :)

• 2/2/10 19:45 Nina:

I’m in Canada (Edmonton, AB) and we’ve had Cake in our Sephoras since they opened (I guess because it’s originally a Canadian line). The line is also carried at the Bay, hair places, and several… ahem… ‘adult’ stores. The Satin Sugar Hair & Body Refreshing Powder is one of my ‘desert island’ items – I use it mainly as a dry shampoo and it works wonderfully – and smells fantastic (cinnamony-chocolately goodness). Also, because the powder itself is brown, it doesn’t leave my hair looking grey like some other dry shampoos I’ve tried.

Glad to hear the line is branching out!

• 2/2/10 20:49 the Muse:

ah nina there we go, verified as a canadian brand, I thought so :) lol adult stores really?! :-D Interesting on the sugar hair and body refresher, sounds de-lish! :)

• 2/2/10 20:10 Kristen:

I love Cake Beauty! I thought they had always been at Sephora, mine has had it for quite a while. I buy their triple mint foot lotion over and over. It smell so good, and its really nice and cooling :) I’m glad that more people are going to get to try it out!

• 2/3/10 11:29 the Muse:

hey kristen it’s def a Canadian thing as we are just getting :-D

• 2/2/10 20:48 Gigi:

Oh that’s weird…Cake Beauty’s been in Canadian Sephoras for a while now (for once we got some before the US did haha!). I’m just glad you guys get it now! Love the Satin Sugar Refreshing Body and Hair Powder. <3

• 2/3/10 11:28 the Muse:

hey gigi!

Yup this is a 1st for us :-D def need to try that hair powder it’s gotten a few raves in the comments!

• 2/2/10 22:10 Hailee:

Uh oh! I foresee competition with my dylans candy sweets!

• 2/3/10 9:24 the Muse:

oh hailee I dunno dylan’s candy tempts :)

• 2/2/10 22:38 Vanessa:

Well I won’t repeat to you what all the other Canadian gals have said about availability, but I will say this – their milk made velveteen hand creme and milk made smoothing hand & cuticle buffer smell amazing! You should definitely start with those items first once they hit the shelves! In regards to their Barbie collection scent (released a year ago), it was a blend of “toasted vanilla, sweet sugar, caramel & fresh cream”. I for one, really liked that scent and pics of 1960s Barbie dolls on the packaging too!

• 2/3/10 11:26 the Muse:

sounds incredible vanessa! Making my list for sure :-D I never seen that collection, it sounds darling and foody. I love foody scents :)

• 2/5/10 13:12 KristyQ:

Hi Vanessa!
        Hi Muse!

Vanessa, from your description of the Barbie collection scent, it sounds soooo good – maybe the ones I were smelling were off for some reason? It just turned me off, and I’m a total foody-smelling product junkie. I dunno. Hmmmmm…but some of their other stuff didn’t smell as good to me as it sounded either. Maybe one of their key ingredients is rubbing me the wrong way :)

• 2/2/10 23:40 Kelsey:

I’ve been really wanting to try their lip butter. Have you used it before?

• 2/3/10 9:18 the Muse:

I have not kelsey but I look forward to exploring the line :)

• 2/3/10 3:28 Kelly:

Cool! I’ve looked over their stuff before, I may have to try it now and stop looking!

• 2/3/10 9:12 the Muse:

hey kelly I’ve always looked too but never purchased now I can sniff and play at Sephora before deciding :)

• 2/3/10 10:34 Gemma:

Cake is Canadian I think, I’ve seen it in Sephora in Canada.

We’ve been able to get it in Boots here in the UK for a while, but you have to go to a really big store to get it – the Milk Made hand cream is the first I’ve ever finished, and the Milk Made sugar-based hand exfoliator is one of the best things ever to happen to my hands. Plus they all smell edible. Yum.

• 2/3/10 13:06 the Muse:

hey gemma :)

awesome really? already at boots? ha and we are just now getting it :-D sounds nommy! wants!

• 2/3/10 13:40 Mollie:

Cake is great. =)

ANOTHER thing to suck my money this spring. Haha. I already jumped on Cargo being half-off like a week ago, too.

• 2/3/10 16:45 the Muse:

haha mollie damn we are gonna be so broke!!!!!!! :-D cargo is at Beauty 360 now too!

• 2/3/10 15:37 Christine:

Are you sure it was never in Sephora? I swear I’ve seen it there (sephora canada)! Unless there’s another similar name and/or it’s from another store that also hold its?

• 2/3/10 16:06 the Muse:

nope Christine it’s brand new to the US :) Canada yes but never in the US dear :)

• 9/27/10 13:29 Shuhiba:

I LOVE the cake beauty stuff! I’m canadian and we’ve had the line at my work (I work for The Bay, kind of an equivalent to Macy’s in the States) for over 3 years now. My favourite to die for product is the milk made cuticle and hand buffer I can’t live without it! Also about 3 years ago, we had a cosmetics Gala at my store and the creator (Heather I think her name was) gave me a full bottle of the Mint Cashmere Body Wash! It was my birthday that night and I had to work the Gala so she gave me a gift :) She’s super nice and she actually grew up in the city I live in!

• 9/27/10 14:56 the Muse:

aw that’s awesome shuhiba, she sounds amazing! How’s the Mint Cashmere smell? Sounds gorg!