Beauty News: Ulta Launches Essence Cosmetics

Essence Makeup Cosmetics 21

If you’re a fan of German brand, Essence, I’m happy to report it’ll start appearing at your local Ulta shortly!

Essence Makeup Cosmetics 1

Jump!

A range of $1-$4 Essence Makeup pieces will be popping at Ulta in April. Essence is a German drugstore brand known for cuter pieces of affordable makeup. I have a few pieces but never fully explored the brand since it’s difficult to tack down. I couldn’t be more excited and I’m hopeful they’ll be keeping the same cute style packaging and frequent small collection releases. From my experience with the brand it’s actually pretty decent quality for the price plus kawaii factors into the equation, come on who doesn’t like cute, affordable makeup right?

Essence Makeup Cosmetics 5

Essence Makeup Cosmetics 4

Essence Makeup Cosmetics 3

Essence Makeup Cosmetics 2

Start stalking the Essence site at www.essence.eu and plan your future hauls!

Check your local Ulta starting in April for Essence Makeup!

Anyone familiar with the brand?

Love it?

Any German chicklets (or guys) out there who love the brand?

Share!

• 2/11/10 22:49 V.:

I like their nail polishes. They come at the smallest price, but have good texture, and great colors. I especially like the neon pink! They’ve also got a felt tip liquid liner that’s really intense. Unfortunately it smudges easily, and very fine lines are hard to draw.

• 2/15/10 18:10 the Muse:

hey v! I’m hearing great bits about the nail stuff, haven’t tried any of it myself as I’m not much of a nail girl :-D

• 2/11/10 23:03 Aldina:

Omgosh! I’ve never heard of this brand before but I’m so excited cuz everything looks so cute,and since its so affordable I can indulge.I like the blue eyeshadow and the little bird. I’m such a sucker for cute things.hehe Thanks for posting this!

• 2/11/10 23:59 the Muse:

hey aldina :) it really is a cute little brand :) and cheap too! you’re most welcome. I hope Ulta online will carry it too!

• 2/12/10 0:02 Megan:

Awww, and us Canadian chickies get the shaft! [sadface]
    I’ve only just started hearing about this brand, but seeing those cute little pieces, I know that I would snap them up in a heartbeat if I could! [The price doesn’t hurt either! LOL]

• 2/12/10 0:04 Megan:

Whoops, spoke too soon! I didn’t realize that Canada had Ulta! [blush]
      I may have to make a special trip to the city to see if Canadian Ulta’s will be picking up this brand!

• 2/15/10 19:53 the Muse:

Hey Megan! :D Hope you find it dear it is rather cute isn’t it!?

• 2/12/10 0:24 dina:

SO CUTE!! love the designs and the price ~ holler!! these here are reminding me of my beloved tokidoki :D LOVE, can’t wait

• 2/15/10 18:09 the Muse:

dina I SURE hope they do the LE collections at Ulta and not just the standard line as tokidoki for shiz!

• 2/12/10 6:50 Lolly05:

I’m actually from hungary, but we have also the essence. I am a makeup artist and i like to work with these products, so girls you should try it!!

• 2/12/10 8:05 the Muse:

awesome lolly! I sure hope we get the entire line here :-D I want to purchase some more items :)

• 2/12/10 7:25 Chinda-chan:

I’m from europe and I love essence – they have really great things. :-)

• 2/12/10 8:05 the Muse:

hey chinda :D! Lucky! I hope we get the whole range here!

• 2/12/10 8:57 Halifax:

From what I saw on a few blogs, people already spotted Essence in store, as of now :-) They have nail polishes too

• 2/12/10 9:20 the Muse:

awesome hailfax! :-D Eager to head to ulta and peep it!

• 2/12/10 12:05 Fabiola:

We have Essence over here too, but the quality of its products can be disappointing at times. The quality of the items featured in the limited editions tends to be better, though. Given the low price (usually less than 3 euros), it’s worth a try.

• 2/12/10 12:21 the Muse:

hey fabiola I sure hope we get the LE stuff as I really like what I see from the LE collections they release :-D like the hand creams look darlin’!

• 2/12/10 12:24 chelle:

I actually work @ an ulta and we should be getting it in abt two weeks. So it just depends on ur local ulta:-)

• 2/12/10 12:28 the Muse:

awesome chelle can you verify will it be online too

• 2/12/10 14:46 dangster:

The packaging looks like that of the Tokidoki for Smashbox line.

• 2/15/10 18:02 the Muse:

yes yes yes very much so dangster!

• 2/12/10 15:51 Marina:

Essense is a nice brand for the price!

• 2/15/10 18:00 the Muse:

agreed Marina!

• 2/12/10 18:55 Irene:

I know this brand, it’s a really cheap drugstore brand.
    To be honest.. I think the quality is crap… but then again, I might be a bit spoiled with high end cosmetics haha ;)

• 2/15/10 17:55 the Muse:

hey irene def cheap for sure but the LE items are terribly adorable :-D but yes inexpensive isn’t always fantastic quality sadly :(

• 2/12/10 21:07 Truus:

I’m Dutch an we too have Essence. There is a similar (I think German) brand that is called Catrice.
    It is very cheap, they have a lot of LE’s and funny, crazy items between the standard products. It’s always nice to just give things a try without wasting a lot of money.
    Buying a pink or orange eyeshadow for instance and finding out that it makes you look like a zombie worse then the ones from the movie Zombieland ;)
    Some products really suck, chalky, not a lot of pigment and horrible smell, but you can also find great products wich I love!
    So it best to just try everything, swatch, smell and rub in your skin to see if it works for you.
    I recently found the Clear & Matte foundation to be really nice, providing light coveredge. And paying 3,39 Euro for 30 ml. is almost nothing so that’s just great. Things like that can make my day!

I hope you guys will get the LE’s too, those are the best ones. And Catrice also, because I find that brand to be slightly better in their eyeshadows and they have more freaky products (like a comb and eyebrowncolour in one!)

• 2/15/10 20:01 the Muse:

hi truus so nice to meet you! Catrice is pretty cute as well, I’ve seen it before :-D I agree plus it fills my sweet tooth for cute makeup :-D LOL!!!!!!!!!! Zombieland rocks! I wouldn’t mind lookin’ zombie-ish hehe!

Thanks so much for telling us more about the line truus and also about catrice maybe if we are lucky we’ll see more :-D

• 2/12/10 22:27 Wendy:

If it’s the same brand I’m thinking of, I hope my local Ulta gets their nail polishes! I’ve seen some amazing shades from other bloggers :) :)

• 2/15/10 17:53 the Muse:

hey wendy! awesome :-D Hope mine does too!

• 2/13/10 15:43 Jessica:

Essence is sold in many drugstores in Holland too. I love Essence nailpolish. Their eyeshadows are not very pigmented, but they’re so cheap. I love the LE collections, but they sell out really fast.

• 2/15/10 16:53 the Muse:

hey jessica one of the most appealing things is def the LE stuff, wondering if we will get them :)

• 2/13/10 22:19 Christine:

How funny … I’m from Jersey (verrry exotic), and my Ulta has had this line since … summer, iirc! I picked up a few pieces, mostly e/s & gloss, and the shadows were wonderfully soft & silky, well pigmented, and an overall good bargain! The gloss had a candy-like scent to it, reminding me somewhat of the original WnW scent (not a fan), but was decent enough (one that I’d gotten was pigmented nicely, the other was sheer, which was deceiving as it looked rather opaque in the tube).

Overall, it’s worth looking at for sure!

PS — my packaging wasn’t nearly as cute as that which you posted … no embossed birds or girls on the gloss wands … is that new? Very cute!

• 2/15/10 17:01 the Muse:

LOL christine I really enjoyed your sarcasm…very exoticccc :-D You’re cute! That’s awesome, I haven’t personally been to Ulta for a peek yet must stop by maybe I can get lucky!

It’s actually an old LE collection released that a friend got me last year or so? they do LE stuff sometimes and this happened to be one :-D I hope they’ll do LE stuff here in the US as well :_D

• 2/14/10 5:48 Steffi:

I am from Germany and there are some cute pieces from Essence. Specially their limited editions are popular over here. The one you showed here came out in Germany in March 2008, s it’s a littöe funny to see that they sell it now in the uS! The quality of essence isn’t always overwhelmingly good but for the price you can test things and colors which is great!
    If you want to know more, feel free to contact me!

• 2/15/10 16:51 the Muse:

hey steffi the LE stuff really interests me :-D I didn’t get it in the US :-D got it from a friend in Austria :-D Thanks Steffi appreciate it greatly dear *hugs*

• 2/16/10 7:25 Lisa:

Will the brand be at ALL Ultas, or only some of them?

• 2/16/10 11:21 the Muse:

I dunno Lisa as it’s not yet out until April but some folks have said they ahve seen it at their local Ultas already. I’m unsure where it will pop up. :-D will update if I get more info!

• 2/20/10 18:20 Leah:

my ulta already has essence! i had never heard of this brand until today when i went, i got some eyeshadows, eye liner, and gloss. cute stuff, nicely pigmented, and very cheap! i’ll definitely be going back for some more stuff! :)

• 2/25/10 20:50 the Muse:

awesome Leah!!!!!!!!! :-D I’m eager to indulge!

• 4/14/10 13:14 Andrea:

hi! i´m from holland and they sell it here, its very easy to find. i have tried almost everything of this brand, and you should try their eyeshadow palettes, nail polish, lipsticks, the mascara in the orange packaging, the single eyeshadow in 09 get ready, the blush, bronzer, lip gloss and the twist eyepencils. you should defenitely NOT try the duo eyeshadows, the mousse foundation, the magic design mascara, the bronzing pearls, the ultra nail hardener (my nails turned blue!) and the single glittery eyeshadows (the glitter is sprayed on)
    mail me for swatches!
    Andrea

• 4/14/10 13:15 Andrea:

Andrea

• 4/14/10 16:27 the Muse:

hi andrea yup I’ve been reviewing the items slowing :-D already tried a ton of items :-D thanks for the tips on what’s good and what’s not. :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5/25/10 15:00 CantLuvCantHurt:

Their SOS Serum was fantastic… But they stopped making it… I really hope it comes back some day.
    Love their Toe nail polishes!

• 5/30/11 13:09 reese grozen:

hi!!!! i m from the Philippines :) and ive discovered ESSENCE when i was still working in Dubai. i soooo luuuurve it. esp the eyeshadows, mineral blush ons, lip gloss etc etc…even the Hand Moisturizers….. now that ive recently moved to Singapore…there’s NO WAY for me to find ESSENCE…plsssss HELP!!!! im actuallly planning to start endorsing it here since my line is more in to Aesthetics and Skin CaRe. Hope you can help me… thanks a LOT!!!!!

• 5/31/11 9:27 the Muse:

Hi Reese sorry hun I’m not sure they sell Essence in ‘pore :-/

• 9/28/11 10:26 Bugzy:

It’s here in Malaysia !! I got a spot serum ! Don’t really know how it’s gonna work for my zit- filled face though ! I’ll update soon

• 8/15/12 4:42 Tooma:

Hi,
    I’m from Kuwait and I’m in love with essence nail art pruducts so I’m searching to find a websites that sells essence nail art pruducts but I didn’t find any so please if anyone knows a website that sells these times and shipped them to Kuwait just leave a comment with the website

• 9/29/12 13:59 bayan:

hi … i’m from saudi arabia in jeddh city . I want to know that where are essence branches in my city ??