Beauty on a Budget: Essence Cosmetics At Ulta

Essence Cosmetics 2010 1

Morning chicklets!

I briefly introduced you to German brand, Essence Cosmetics last week. As I mentioned in my Beauty News post, Essence Makeup is now sold at Ulta however it was supposed to debut sometime in April but lucky enough it’s already up on Ulta and ready for your purchasing pleasure.

Check it after the jump!

Essence Eyeshadow Quattro $2.99

Essence Beauty Secrets Fancy Lashes $2.79
Essence Cosmetics 4

Essence Powder Blush Duo $2.49
Essence Cosmetics 3

Essence Cosmetics 2

Essence Cosmetics 1

The line is very fun, a bit younger, and priced at around $3 or less. They cover most everything you need including false lashes, mascara, blush, shadow, etc…it’s a pretty extensive collection of goodies for the price.

If you’re looking for smaller, inexpensive beauty purchases you might want to check out the Essence line up. I’m hopeful we’ll see the limited edition products that they introduce in Europe as at the moment it’s only general catalog items that are included in this line up.

For the price, I’d deem it cute and perhaps worthy of a little look at!

Available now at Ulta.

See Essence Cosmetics in a few of my photos on this post.

What do you think?

Worthy of looking into?

Lover of little affordable makeup pieces?

Not so much?

Share!

• 2/23/10 11:41 Diana:

I think I may be cheking out the stampy set and maybe the eyeshadows they look bright but I’d have to wait and see the pay off of them

• 2/23/10 11:59 the Muse:

hi diana! Good choices :-D they have a pretty large selection of colors to play with eyeshadow wise :)

• 2/23/10 12:13 lovekitzy:

i wonder how the Essence nail art stampy set compares to Konad… but the price is definitely more wallet-friendly! :)

• 2/23/10 13:30 the Muse:

hey lovekitzy read up someone commented it’s great :-D!!!!!!!

• 2/23/10 13:00 Sydni A.:

I got the nail stamp thing over the weekend. The stamp and scraper are exactly the same as my Konad set. The plate is a bit lower quality (probably not etched as deeply), but it still works ok. I got 1 nail polish, but haven’t tried it yet.

• 2/23/10 13:30 the Muse:

omg seriously syndi? how awesome considering the konad is considerably more $$ thanks for the word :) the nail polishes are such a steal at $1!

• 2/23/10 13:10 Christa:

So far I’ve hauled 4-5 nail polishes (outstanding, in my opinion), the hypno gloss mascara (good dupe for Clinique naturally glossy), several of the single eyeshadows (pigmentation is great, very softly milled), and a volume lipgloss (I wish the colors were deeper and it’s a bit heavy on the mentho), but it wins for being very shiny and moisturizing).

• 2/23/10 13:29 the Muse:

hey christa AWESOME mini review! You got me excited now :-D I can’t wait to try! The polishes are a buck are such a steal!

• 2/23/10 13:17 Lisa Kate:

This is already at my Ulta!!! I work right across the street and sometimes use my lunches to go check it out…I was curious about the nail polishes but I forgot my damn wallet, so I couldn’t buy anything! I think I’ll be going back really soon!

• 2/23/10 13:28 the Muse:

hey lisa! Haven’t hit up Ulta yet but the nail polishes are a buck! Who can beat it!? :-D I haven’t explored the collection outside a few LE pieces I got from Europe but really wanting to try more :)

• 2/23/10 14:08 an:

hi,
    I am from germany and I love Essence Cosmetic…

• 2/24/10 12:01 the Muse:

hey an :)

awesome!

• 2/23/10 14:30 Miss_M:

We also have this brand in Dutch drugstores and it’s very popular, especially among young girls who just started using make-up. The quality is very good, considering the prices you have to pay.

Essence has a great bronzer (from their Sun Club line) that is a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick in Bronze…it’s worth checking that one out. Their handcreams are also divine !! :)

• 2/25/10 16:02 the Muse:

hey miss m! I think it’s fab for youngin’s :-D hehe! I think the LE stuff is the real winner but I dunno if we will get that stuff. Thanks for the rec! Will try the bronzer :-D I SEEN THE HANDCREAMS OMG WANT :) they look CUTE!

• 2/23/10 14:39 dina:

CAN’T WAIT to ck these out!!!!!! one of everything please ;) hope the quality is decent though

• 2/23/10 16:10 the Muse:

heyzzzz dina what’s up my friend? I hope so too! really eager to grab some goodies!

• 2/23/10 16:15 CucumPear:

I’m a bit torn when I comes to essence. I love their nail polish: there are very few brands with fun colours available in Austria and they’re good as long as you use decent base and top coat. They’re really not joking about the need for base coat under “check me out” (the bright green one), btw, that one stains even through two coats of base.
    But all the non-nail products I’ve tried were average and I wouldn’t re-purchase them.

• 2/24/10 12:01 the Muse:

hey cucumpear! I’m hearing that alot but I have heard the LE stuff is lovely and from my experience with the LE, I really liked :-D I’m not a nail girl but was very impressed with the variety and price!

• 9/26/10 14:43 xxreemey:

i got the forget it 3in1 concealer, and honestly, its not that great. so far my favorite concealer set is Jemma Kidd’s Mannequin Skin Perfector Kit.
    Works like a charm and has a primer and highlighter

• 9/27/10 12:11 the Muse:

def hit and miss on essence reemey :)

• 4/20/11 0:01 Andrea:

I so desperately want that stampy set. :)
    But I guess they must have sold out or something, because it’s out of stock in all the stores I’ve been to, and the site’s out of stock too.
    Bummer. :/

• 4/6/12 4:40 saneya:

hii,i am very much impreesed wid essence products once i had used essence waterproof liner n it was really awesomee,actually i hv very much watery eyes so i had used many of costly brands but of no use but i realy got satisfied wid essence products n now m looking for essence kajal ,eyepencil n eyeliner,n mascara soo may i know frm whr i can get the productsss il be very thankful to u if u would be able to provide help too meee

• 4/6/12 7:31 the Muse:

hi saneya it says right in the title of the post and within the post where you can get them, did you read it?

hope this helps!