Guess Who’s Back? The Body Shop Originals

The Body Ship Originals Collection 315

Welcome to the 80′s baby!

The Body Shop has brought back some of its most popular products from the 80′s for a limited time and the Muse couldn’t be happier.

The Body Shop is re-introducing classic products such as Fuzzy Peach Shower Gel, Ice Blue Shampoo, and Banana Shampoo and Conditioner.

Jump!

The Body Shop Originals Collection consists of 11 products all priced at 3 for $20 or $8.99 Each. The range features shampoos, shower gels, and even skin care.

Many of you have e-mailed requesting reviews on the products so I am working on that right now and will hopefully have reviews live shortly. I know the skin care was a popular topic of discussion. I honestly can’t remember trying any of these items as it was before the Muse became a beauty junkie however I admit many of the offerings intrigue me.

Here’s what’s available:

• The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and Conditioner

A gentle shampoo and conditioner that smells like a creamy banana mix!

The Body Ship Originals Collection 252

• The Body Shop Ice Blue Shampoo

The Body Ship Originals Collection 6

• The Body Shop Cucumber Freshening Water

A mild toner that removes excess traces of oil, dirt and makeup without trying!

The Body Ship Originals Collection 1

• The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk

Washes away excess oil, makeup and impurities with a refreshing cleansing milk that gently cleanses without drying.

The Body Ship Originals Collection 2

• The Body Carrot Moisture Cream

All skin type moisturizer for hydrating and protecting your skin with a rich, moisturizing, non-greasy formula.

The Body Ship Originals Collection 7

• The Body Shop Passion Fruit Facial Cleansing Gel

Wash away excess oil, makeup and impurities with a refreshing cleansing gel.

The Body Ship Originals Collection 5

• The Body Shop Dewberry Shower Gel and Body Lotion

The Body Ship Originals Collection 251

• The Body Shop Green Apple Bath & Shower Gel

The Body Ship Originals Collection 4

• The Body Shop Fuzzy Peach Bath & Shower Gel

The Body Ship Originals Collection 3

Have you tried any of The Body Shop Originals yet?

Wanting to?

Loves?

Leaves?

Tell the Muse!

Shop the Collection.

• 2/11/10 10:33 Emma:

Not tried them recently but used them in the 80s though! Dewberry and musk were the scents du jour!

• 2/11/10 10:42 the Muse:

emma I love dewberry :-D can’t recall it from the 80′s but it’s made the round through TBS before :-D

• 2/11/10 10:49 BeautyBitch:

I am showing my age here, but ALL of these were teenage staples for me! I wish they’d bring back the Kiwi and Morello Cherry lip balms too. Their old make-up range around this time was called Colourings, came in white packaging and was the heights of make-up aspiration for my 11-year old self. (Although I discovered MAC a year later).

• 2/11/10 10:58 the Muse:

bora wait..how old are you? I thought we were the same age! i remember NONE of this stuff lol!

• 2/11/10 14:09 BeautyBitch:

30 goin’ on 31. The Body Shop was maybe the first brand of my cosmetics addiction. I went in almost everyday to the point where the staff recognised me and curiously asked me why I came in every day! And you know what, that’s still the case today! I’ve been in Korea for a year and a half, and not only do the staff at my local Etude House, Missha, Skinfood, Stila, Chanel….. etc recognise me, but I’m recognised at high-end counters all around Seoul! I’m faintly embarassed and actually go out of my way to visit different stores around the city to try and stay anonymous.

• 2/11/10 14:42 the Muse:

bora how can that be I swear I don’t remember this stuff at ALL! must be BM (before makeup) lol! They are going to ask for your autograph soon after the epic hauls you’ve done :-D LOL!

• 2/11/10 10:59 Kristina:

I am thinking that the Banana shampoo and conditioner would be lovely with other tropical summer scented stuff I already have! Want!

• 2/11/10 11:01 the Muse:

nom, nom Kristina sounds d-lish! :-D

• 2/11/10 11:05 Ling:

I love Ice Blue shampoo.. so glad that its back though its for a limited time, but strange enough the formula seems to be quite tame for this reissue.. the minty icy coldness after washing is not as strong. Didn’t see any carrot moisture cream in the store.. maybe they don’t bring it to Singapore?

• 2/11/10 11:15 the Muse:

hey ling have you tried Ice Blue from Lush? It’s quite minty cool! :-D haven’t TBS as of yet. Hmm dunno why ‘pore didn’t get the carrot cream! :(

• 2/12/10 9:33 Ling:

Maybe the carrot cream was hidding in some corner in the store, def going to check it out one more time.. as well as the Japanese spa series that is out now… haha.. Would love to try Ice Blue from lush, think Lush used to be in S’pore but they pull out quite a few years back.. : (

• 2/12/10 13:24 the Muse:

hey ling I dunno if lush was there…I can’t recall that! ice Blue rocks! good stuff! I dunno if Lush Japan ships to you guys but if so grab some :-D

If you got the rest of this collection I imagine the carrot cream is prob around somewhere :)

• 2/11/10 11:16 Miss_M:

I love the fact that the Originals are back. They have been available at my local TBS since november and I hope they will make them perm again !

The banana shampoo en conditioner were staples for me for years (they made my long wavy hair so soft and shiny) and I was really upset when they discontinued my HG’s. I also loved the cucumber freshning water back in the day…the scent reminds me of spring, so fresh and clean ! :D

• 2/11/10 14:44 the Muse:

me too miss m! a few of them really need to be made perm! :-D are you in the US or asia?!

• 2/11/10 15:55 Miss_M:

I’m actually in Europe, the Netherlands ! :)

• 2/11/10 20:01 the Muse:

oh awesome Miss M! :-D the Muse loves the nederlands :-D

• 2/12/10 14:32 Miss_M:

…and we love the Muse ! :D

I went into town this afternoon and bought the carrot moisture cream and cucumber freshning water. The passion fruit cleansing gel is next on my wishlist ! :)

• 2/15/10 18:02 the Muse:

aw shucks thanks miss m! :-D passion fruit cleansing gel has to be mine, sounds incred!

• 2/11/10 11:51 lyn:

I actually saw these oldies a month or two ago at a TBS in Malaysia. I used quite a number of them in my teens and was completely in love with the Passion Fruit cleansing gel back then. So nostalgic! I must go stock up on a few items!

• 2/11/10 14:43 the Muse:

hey lyn I think they hit up asia prior to the US as I read a friend of mine blogging them months and months ago prior to the US release! :-D I got SO many requests to review the passion fruit cleansing gel!!!!!!!!! :-D

I hope these stick around a while so everyone can indulge!

• 2/11/10 13:39 dina:

i wanna ck out the ice blue and banana shampoos (& b conditioner) and the green apple & peach shower gels :) mmmmm

• 2/11/10 14:07 the Muse:

def want the ice blue so I can compare it to Lush Dina :-D

• 2/11/10 14:06 Heather / Eyeconic:

Fuzzy? Peachy? Sounds like a YES

• 2/11/10 14:07 the Muse:

sounds like a hells yes heather hehe I love peach!

• 2/11/10 14:40 Kate:

The Body Shop (and Garden Botanika) where what turned my into a beauty junky. Well bascially I coveted any bath and beauty product I couldn’t buy at home. I have fond memories of the fuzzy peach shower gel, the banana conditioner, the morello cherry balm AND Dewberry. Dewberry was everywhere in the ’80s and 90s. Hmm….I wonder if the the Japanese facial scrub or the Anya fragrance will make an appearance. (That was more in the ’90s I think.)

Too bad stupid Body Shop charges an arm and a leg to ship to Alaska and I don’t have a trip to Anchorage or Seattle in the near future.

• 2/11/10 22:22 the Muse:

hey kate! I don’t remember most of these aside from dewberry but every mention of that cherry balm as me drooling :-D Awww! Sorry to hear :( any kind MUA’er out there to help maybe?!

• 2/12/10 12:46 Kate:

:-D No its good! If I get really desperate I have enough friends/fam out there who can stop by a Body Shop for me to pick some things up!

• 2/12/10 12:56 the Muse:

awesome Kate :-D

• 2/11/10 17:02 Emily:

Oooh, I have not tried any of these, but they sound interesting. I like products that sound edible, even if they aren’t, haha. If I were to pick any of them up, I’d probably try the Carrot Moisture Cream or the Cucumber Cleansing Milk. Can’t wait for your reviews to help me decide what I should try out!

• 2/11/10 19:59 the Muse:

lol me too emily :-D love foody/fruit stuff! I’ll be reviewing for you shortly dearie!

• 2/11/10 21:04 Paris B:

Eeks! I loved the Passionfruit cleanser! I used to take my bottle back for refills – you’d get a slight discount if you did :D

• 2/11/10 22:16 the Muse:

paris I never tried, can’t wait :-D it sounds like it smells yum!

• 2/12/10 0:50 Laura:

I miss when they had all those soaps? Remember? I was addicted to them. That is back when the body shop seemed more for hippies.

• 2/12/10 8:08 the Muse:

omg yes laura. that was prob my first bath addiction. soaps from tbs! I used to have a ton! they still carry some I think!

• 2/12/10 2:25 Melissa:

I was a body shop junkie from my wee years and I really don’t recognize any these items. Someone mentioned the anya fragrance tho. Wow my wife would be complete if they brought that back. Ok maybe not complete but better. I think I need some banananannanana shampoo. I’ll look for it this weekend :)

• 2/15/10 18:08 the Muse:

hey melissa any luck finding? :-D curious about that banana too! I actually don’t remember ANY of this stuff…perhaps maybe the cucumber sounds familiar but nothing else!

• 2/12/10 9:32 Robin:

I remember using the Passion Fruit Cleansing Gel. It was quite nice. :)
    I’d love TBS to do a little set of travel minis with all the original products.

• 2/12/10 13:02 the Muse:

oh robin that’d be nice! travel minis would rock for toting on vacay!

• 2/12/10 11:52 stef:

Wow, I loved the Body Shop! I think it was my first “beyond drugstore” body purchase. The Banana Shampoo and conditioner is ah-mazing! Really thick, the conditioner especially, it has an almost smoothie like consistency.

Very cool news!

• 2/12/10 12:57 the Muse:

hey stef! how are you? Omg sounds gorg! Can’t wait to try :)

• 2/16/10 4:12 Elife:

i picked up the cleansing gel and the carrot moisturizer last week as it was on sale for 5 euro’s w00t! LOVE them so far!

• 2/16/10 11:23 the Muse:

oh nice steal elife! :-D not bad price at all :-D I can’t wait to try these myself! Dying to try the cleansing gel!

• 8/22/10 9:47 iwantflawlessskin:

i have mildly sensitive, dry skin. do you think the toner would be ok for my skin type? my friend and i love love love your blog + advice

• 8/23/10 9:59 the Muse:

not sure iwantflawlesskin. skincare reacts different on everyone. Try it out if it doesn’t work bring it back? :-D Thanks so glad you guys enjoy my babbling!