Hauled It: MAC Rose Romance Dejarose Creations

MAC Rose Romance Dejarose 5

I have a thing for Victorian England. I won’t go into great detail about my “thing” but I commonly associate Victorian England with roses. Corsets, the streets of London, scented gloves, bustles, and the sweet scent of a rose, all remind me of Victorian England.

This silly Muse completely overlooked the MAC Creations Perfume in Dejarose upon it’s original release with MAC Rose Romance GASP!

But have no fear I hauled it on sale…

Sweet!

Steal it after the jump!

If you’re a lover of roses you’re gonna want this one friends. It’s not a cloying, sick rose scent but more of a true rose blend with a tiny touch of sweetness, simply gorgeous and oh so romantic.

I recently hauled two of ‘em at my local CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet) at Woodbury Commons (Thanks Dina for the heads up!). They set me back a mere $16 bucks, sweet steals and deals baby!

MAC Rose Romance Dejarose 4

MAC Rose Romance Dejarose 3

This is my first time playing around with MAC Creations and as much as I adore the rose scent I’m slightly disappointed in the lack of linger. You really have to hose yourself down to get any lasting power out of these guys.

But…

I’m still happy to have Dejarose in my collection! I’ve already went ahead and ditched the bottle and dumped the contents into one of my Victorian perfume sprayer bottles…ahh now I feel like a real, proper lady!

MAC Rose Romance Dejarose 2

MAC Rose Romance Dejarose 1

Loves it!

Go steal it at Woodbury Commons CCO or check at your local CCO to see if you can get lucky.

Totally a Muse Approved for purchase for anyone that loves the sweet smell of roses.

Disclosure: The following item was purchased by me for review purposes (and because I like flinging my money at makeup products of any kind) on Musings of a Muse. For further information please see my FTC Guidelines or my Disclosure/Disclaimer posts.

• 2/17/10 19:56 Maggie:

Oh, I love me a good floral scent. They’re my favorite. Definitely checking this out at my CCO! :)

• 2/18/10 11:31 the Muse:

maggie it’s sooo pretty! and so romantic :)

• 2/17/10 20:24 dina:

YAY!!!! :D you got it at last!! i freakin’ love CCO! and i totally agree with you as far as staying power goes but the scent is just so very pretty ~ LOVE

• 2/18/10 11:25 the Muse:

dina omg I hate that you have to hose yourself down with it but absolutely adore the scent! You got it right?! also did you see L’octaine had the peach blossom already marked down!?

• 2/18/10 12:52 dina:

i did get dejarose :) i didn’t see peach blossoom @ l’occitane yet, i did however restrain from jumping up and down when they had honey & lemon scrub and foaming jelly on a fantabulous sale LOVE will use them with the mac honey fragrance spray since i don’t like the l’occitance fragrance one :)

• 2/18/10 23:11 the Muse:

hey dina! I didn’t get it as it wasn’t so fab but they had peach blossom, regular cherry (not cherry blossom just straight cherry), verbena, cherry blossom, and a ton of other stuff. it was really packed with stuff. I didn’t get the mac honey spray do I need that?! LOL! I went to yankee candle but it was slim pickings :P I was surprised CCO didn’t have a slew of prescriptives.

• 2/17/10 20:37 daisyv316:

this was a sweet deal! for some reason I always skip mac fragrances, the last one I smelled at the counter smelled like bubble gum or was it pepto bismol 0.O

• 2/18/10 11:25 the Muse:

daisy SO do I always! I don’t even sniff them LOL! It just seems weird for mac to carry perfumes ya know? but this, this I LOVE!

• 2/17/10 23:50 Sarah:

Sounds like it smells great :) The bottle it comes in isn’t very cute though. I’d have to find a better alternative.

• 2/18/10 11:24 the Muse:

hey sarah agreed that’s why I dumped it into one my prettier victorian spray bottles :)

• 2/20/10 20:06 Vonvon:

Alas, we only get MAC makeup and skincare over here, no bodycare and no perfume either. :( a pity….as I love the sweet smell of roses…..

• 2/25/10 20:49 the Muse:

aw vonvon that stinks sigh!