New in Beauty: Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm

Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip Cheek Balm 1

Givenchy Gloss Poetique is one of my very favorite products so of course I was ever so sad that it was LE. I purchased a back up soon after getting my first one, that’s how bestowed I was.

Best news?

Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm!

I wants some now please.

Jump!

Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm is a lip and cheek balm along the same vein as Givenchy Gloss Poetique. It offers a customized flush of color to both lips and cheeks. It contains pigments that react to the skin’s temperature to create a unique, perfect flush of pink to both lips and cheeks.

The balm also sports hyaluronic acid spheres which bring moisture and fill in the dehydrated lines and, by capturing water. These water-soaked spheres swell to increase the volume which produces a plumping action on lips and cheeks.

Givenchy Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip Cheek Balm 2

I dunno about the hyaluronic acid but I’m just happy to see this will make a really good dupe for my Givenchy Gloss Poetique when I finally run out as it’s a regular catalog item exclusively available at Sephora.

One thing I’m not sure about, is it’s fragranced with the Gloss Interdit perfume. I’m not sure how I feel about this on my lips if it’s going to taste like perfume ya know?

I ordered myself one anyway as I am curious what it’s like compared to Gloss Poetique.

Looks interesting to say the least.

Whatcha think?

Worthy of your buck?

Share it!

• 2/25/10 11:34 dina:

look forward to the review :) off topic but did you see the 500pt tarte gift @ sephora, nice gift! glad i saved my points :D and have you tried the tarte lip stains yet? what do you think?? {sorry O/T}

• 2/25/10 12:48 the Muse:

o/t is always good from you dina dear :-D hehe! dude no…tell me more anything good inside?!

Haven’t yet. I ordered the givenchy gloss this morning and stupidly forgot to include a few in my box! but did haul MUFE hd blush :-D hehe! I’ll def get to those shortly…did you try yet? seems like they took the stain and popped them into a pencil form right?

• 2/25/10 13:04 dina:

you must ck out the tarte gift, it has 6 or 7 nice size samples in it (of course seeing it sucked me into ordering, not that that’s so hard)!!
        yes i got the stains in charmed, enchanted (keeps selling out online, took a bit to get), and amused. i have only tried the charmed so far – nice texture, maybe more slip than the cheek stains it feels like? kinda funny that its a stain but has a good amount of moisture but i would say that wear time is not so great, a bit more than typical gloss and maybe less than a lipstick :( maybe that was just b/c charmed is a lighter color? overall def like but a bit pricey.
        can’t wait to hear about the MUFE blush, those look yummy!!!!

• 2/25/10 14:43 the Muse:

super dina! gonna motor over there in two shakes :-D are they like lipstick queen glossy sticks at all? very curious. doesn’t surprise me on the wear as tarte is legendary for not having good wearing on those cheek stains so seems not so surprising the gloss sticks suffer the same down fall! omg don’t they? but I hate creams. I’m betting the pump is gong to be such a bitch because it’ll pump out a big gob of product!

• 2/25/10 14:47 dina:

not sure about the lipstick queen sticks, never tried any of LQ stuff :( but just ordered my first bits of it from gilt a few wks ago and of course it is taking a year and a day to ship, grrrrr

• 2/25/10 15:44 the Muse:

oooo Dina you’ll give me the word whatcha think!? I’m quite a little lipstick queen fan girl!

• 2/25/10 12:10 Kristina:

I’m afraid of things that claim to give a customized color – they always turn an 80’s neon fuschia on me.
    Why would they scent a lip product with perfume? I wonder how strong the scent is and how long it lasts… It’s like applying perfume under your nose and that’s not a good thing to do I don’t think.
    Looking forward to your review on this one!

• 2/25/10 12:46 the Muse:

mmm me too kristina! :-D but most times, thankfully it turns out ok :-D

I dunno what they mean but Sephora says it’s scented like the perfume!? I think they mean it must be flavored/scented like the glosses which I hate the taste of :P yak! But we shall see :-D

• 2/25/10 22:14 Comrade_Garlic:

It has me at “hydra sparkling magic balm” . Seriously, I’m compelled to buy anything with any combo of the words.

• 2/26/10 9:45 the Muse:

lol comrade….they know how to entice with fancy words!

• 2/26/10 7:19 Irene:

Oooh, I’m excited! I love my Gloss Poetique but it’s limited edition… and I didn’t buy any back ups because the store only had one and I was/am afraid I’d never use it up. But when I do, I might purchase this if it’s just as good! :)

• 2/26/10 9:35 the Muse:

hey irene same here :-D!!!!!!! I have two gloss poetique but very curious how they compare so purchased this too!