Smashbox Summer Collection 2010: Smashbox Cinderella Makeup Collection

smashbox cinderella summer 2010

Alice isn’t the only Disney character grabbing some love this season. Smashbox will be introducing a new Spring Makeup Collection inspired by…….Cinderella?

Don’t get yourself to into a huff and puff over cute packaging and little mouses that sing because this collection is pure sophistication and elegance.

Jump!

Smashbox Cinderella

Chic Profile reports the new collection will be launched on 1st March 2010 in Japan so I’m assuming this leans towards more of Summer 2010 release for the US.

The collection consists of:

• Smashbox Naked Kiss Lip and Cheek Cream

Pink Peony (faint pink color, natural peony color)
Natural Nude (light pink hue)

Smashbox Cinderella Collection 2

• Smashbox Magic Star Lip Gloss

Grape
Orange

Smashbox Cinderella Collection 3

• Smashbox Magic Play Trio Eyeshadow (Matte)

Innocence (pure metal dark green, peach pink, beige)
Elegant (warm coffee, light yellow, delicate powder)

Smashbox Cinderella Collection 1

• Smashbox Shortcut Waterproof Liner

Purple

Smashbox Cinderella Collection 5

• Smashbox Macross Alice Mascara

Midnight Blue

Smashbox Cinderella Collection 4

What do you think?

I’m not a matte girl myself but as I mentioned above I can’t deny that the model looks quite elegant sporting the collection. Looking forward to see this when it releases perhaps it’ll be a love…

source

• 2/8/10 9:38 Lisa Kate:

I love the gloss on the model, but I agree it’s very boring. Except that purple liner, it totally doesn’t look like it matches the rest of the collection!

I was so excited too, since my guinea pig (my furbaby!!) is named after Cindarella. Gus was also unimpressed XD

• 2/8/10 11:14 the Muse:

I agree Lisa very mismatched! I always wonder why they suddenly throw things into the mix like that LOL! AWWW gus, gus!

• 2/8/10 9:47 Kristina:

Everything looks nice but it looks like stuff I already have. I with you on this one – not excited.

• 2/8/10 10:19 the Muse:

mmm same kristina. REALLY love the promo model but the colors look a bit meh!

• 2/8/10 10:07 Tavia:

Hi Muse! Thanks for mentioning me as a source :) I really appreciated

• 2/8/10 10:19 the Muse:

oh my pleasure Tavia! I hope you don’t mind me using your images! I love your site :)

• 2/8/10 10:53 imprompturoses:

Have to agree with you:
    “Promo model looks very elegant and lovely however the makeup items look a tad uneventful to my eyes but I guess it’s something I have to see in person to fully decide.”

The products don’t look that exciting to me either, although I admit I am a little interested in the eyeliner. I highly prefer gel eyeliners. Have you tried Smashbox’s version? (and in a sort-of-unrelated question, have you tried Maybelline’s gel liner?)

• 2/8/10 11:40 the Muse:

hey roses. yup!!!!!! I used to love smashbox jetset, it’s quite great actually and they had a cool flat liner brush that worked wonders for me :-D I haven’t yet, you? I was curious about trying ‘em but ended up skipping to haul more of the plush palettes!

• 2/8/10 14:35 imprompturoses:

Am waiting for my local CVS to do some sort of Maybelline deal but I do plan to I haul at least the purple (and possibly the brown). I don’t “need” more eyeliner, so I can wait for a bit … ;)

• 2/8/10 14:40 the Muse:

roses ulta has buy 1 get 1 50% :) and $3.50 off (I count that off shipping so rounds off to $3.50 for shipping). This is for the new maybelline duos and quads as well!

• 2/8/10 11:27 Audrey D:

i’ll pass on this collection. nothing really jumps out at me

• 2/8/10 11:39 the Muse:

meh me either audrey. Love the promo model but not sure how they got that great look from these boring shades….maybe I have to see in person and it’ll jump at me but I’m betting no :(

• 2/8/10 12:38 tango:

I was kind of surprised! The makeup on the model looks so neutral, I was expecting all brown when there’s actually a lot of purple, orange and pink.
    I really want to try out the eyeliner; I know most people think of anything other than brown/black as being very dramatic, but I’ve been using a purple mineral eyeliner that actually looks more natural on me than either– probably because it’s not very heavily pigmented, but it seems to just blend right in while still being noticible.

• 2/15/10 19:58 the Muse:

hey tango! I was too, it’s very natural and lovely! sounds like a lovely liner! I do think u are right most folks go for the standard, but why not spice it up with purple?! :-D

• 2/8/10 15:30 LINDARRAGNAR:

This looks great to bad Cinderella is supposed to be a blonde!! P.s that purple eye liner looks so amazing

• 2/9/10 23:12 the Muse:

hehe true Linda but it’s cinderella circa 2010 revamp :-D haha! She’s a brunette now :-D!

• 2/8/10 20:55 Gia:

Besides the grape lipgloss nothing looks tooo Wow!!
    And I know this is a “modern” cinderella, but where is the blue?? I was expecting some grown up looking blues. Maybe I’m thinking Disney Princess Cinderella more but sorry! To me this looks like the colors cinderella would wear when she was the maid for her evil stepmom.

• 2/11/10 22:38 the Muse:

me either gia I love the promo model but it’s a tad boring looking at the makeup! true blue is pretty Cinderella :-D you’re thinking disney for sure lol!

• 2/8/10 22:39 Paris B:

You know what? I think it all looks so boring… BUT I’m drawn to it in a strange sort of way. Eeks! We have Smashbox here! :D

• 2/9/10 9:16 the Muse:

me too Paris!!!!!!!!!! same here! It looks a tad uneventful but the promo model looks so gorg I can’t help but for a trickle of excitement :-D

• 2/9/10 9:56 dina:

aww, false hope :( saw the headline and got interested but everything looks like the standard smashbox offerings, which i find is kinda bland. just the purple liner interested me but i just got that maybelline eggplant a few days ago (not yet tried).

• 2/9/10 10:47 the Muse:

yup dina agreed. LOVE the promo model but the collection is basically same o’ same o’ but if I can get the promo model look I’d be a happy camper :-D

oh haven’t gotten those yet so you gotta tell me the good word.

• 1/8/12 11:46 Svera:

These products are so cool and I just luv them soo much. They are good to creat ur own lookz!πŸ˜„πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„πŸ˜Š