Bath and Body Brought To You Via A Vending Machine: The Body Shop Vending Machine The Body Shop Automated Retail Machines

Look out Sephora you aren’t the only kid on the block with a new toy! Sephora Vending Machines may be popping up at your local airport but The Body Shop Vending Machines will be creeping into your supermarkets and your airports very soon.

The Body Shop Vending Machine

Jump!

ZoomSystems announced a partnership with The Body Shop to bring the natural ingredients of its popular body care and bath products to branded ZoomShops at convenient locations around the U.S aka vending machines.

Unlike the Sephora Vending Machines which have limited themselves to airports, The Body Shop Automated Retail Machines will also make guest starring appearances at the mall and supermarket chains including Kroger Marketplace, Stop & Shop, H-E-B and Jewel Osco.

The automated retail technology assure that products are received by the consumer prior to their credit card being charges so it’s a win, win situation and you aren’t left kicking the machine or shaking it because you didn’t receive your beloved Body Shop Body Butter because of a technical glitch.

Is this the wave of our beauty future?

Shopping from a vending machine?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

I think it’s nice for quick purchases but anything new I personally love to touch and smell prior to purchasing! But hey, if I’m in a hurry and need a quick shower gel fix, I’d so head to a vending machine to get it. No pushy, annoying sales reps to deal with is always a plus as far as this Muse is concerned!

• 3/30/10 9:46 Marina:

I honestly think this is going to fail…the Sephora one has more potential…this is just lotions and other body products, right? I mean, at least for me, I don’t think I’d be looking for body cream as I’m waiting for a flight. Makeup essentials are more what I think I’d need if I forgot something…
    Maybe it’d work at a mall…but not the grocery store or an airport.
    *Shrugs* we’ll see.

• 3/30/10 9:51 jonnie:

Love the idea… none of those stores you listed are any more near me than an actual Body Shop store though. Bummer.

• 3/30/10 10:01 the Muse:

jonnie perhaps at your local mall soon hun :D

• 3/30/10 11:08 Kristina:

We just got a ProActive vending machine in my local mall. That’s the only kind I’ve seen though.

• 3/30/10 15:52 the Muse:

haven’t seen that one but heard of Krisitina :D

• 3/30/10 11:17 Ling:

wow! nice.. TBS is over populated at where i stay… its 4 stores spreaded over a mere distance of 1 km… which works up to 1 store for every 250m.. haha.. but then thats the city area.. TBS is really like MacDonalds here..the machine is convenient but no touching, feeling and smelling.. no likey ..

• 3/30/10 16:18 the Muse:

hey ling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the same way, I like touching/smelling/etc..:-D but it’s good to replenish stuff I already tried!

• 3/30/10 11:21 Kelsey:

I actually have Stop & Shop. AMAZING. The first time I see one of these, I’m gonna shit myself and be all like, “THIS IS WHAT THE MUSE WAS TALKING ABOUT!!!!1!1!1!” lol.

• 3/30/10 15:52 the Muse:

LOL kelsey! :-D

• 3/30/10 11:28 Hailee:

I don’t like the sephora one, but I like this one!
    Sephorad just too fun to pass up touching and trying new things, but the body shops pretty easy to decide so a ceding machine ( sounds so funny haha) would be good. But I would miss the explosion of smell you get when you vtually walk in to a body shop!

• 3/30/10 16:13 the Muse:

oh yes hailee! sigh I love the smell too! :-D vending machine can’t captured that!

• 3/30/10 12:57 Kate:

oooooo dare I hope one pops up at my local Fred Meyer (which is owned by Kroger)?

Probably not.

• 3/30/10 15:50 the Muse:

kate good luck :-D hope it pops up! Check your local malls too!

• 3/30/10 17:05 Kate:

OMG I should send you pictures of my local malls! Then you would know what dire straights I live in! lol

• 3/30/10 19:00 the Muse:

online shopping Kate, a girl’s BFF! :D

• 3/30/10 13:50 Nunu:

I foresee corn soup vending machines soon a la Japan style.
    Personally, I’m like you too, I’d never buy a product I’ve never used before from a vending machine, I mean what if it smells of Patchouli? I’d only buy tried and tested.

• 3/30/10 16:12 the Muse:

lol nunu that’s not the worst of it in Japan though now is it?! ;-D

AH patchouli! Hold me I’m scared!

• 3/30/10 13:55 Robyn:

hates it! could you not put in a non working card and then take the shower gel ?
    i just have visions of plastic cracking when it drops down and major mess or people breakin into and stealing
    and the chances of muse being in hurry to get shower gel are unlikely ive read posts about you stash before so dont kid me lol

• 3/30/10 16:10 the Muse:

mmm robyn that’s a good question :-D

LOL!!!!! aw damn and I thought I had you fooled!

• 3/30/10 15:38 Angela:

Another fun toy the US gets and we don’t~~ Canada’s like a kid brother that doesn’t get any of the fun stuff :P

• 3/30/10 15:47 the Muse:

aw sorry angela :(

• 3/30/10 20:38 Jo:

Oooh, I love kooky vending machines. And I also love Body Shop, ever since cracking open a delicious smelling pot of lip balm. I hope these won’t have bad lineups, haha.