Beauty News: Payless Shoes Cosmetics

Payless Shoes Beauty

For the record the Muse promises that stranger things have happened than the fact that Payless Shoes is entering the realms of cosmetics.

Yes, you read that right. Think, Payless Shoes Cosmetics. Are you shivering with anticipation yet? I’m not but no worries you might be able to convince me this could be a good thing.

Jump!

So what’s the word?

Well, starting September, 1500 Payless Shoe stores will begin selling cosmetics starting at $2.99.

Payless will enter into an alliance with The Maesa Group, yes, you recognize them from the line they created with Urban Outfitters recently.

The cosmetics will be sold under brand names, “Zoe & Zac and “Unforgettable Moments”. Items will start as low as $2.99.

Maesa has also designed and manufactured beauty products for companies like such as Forever21 and Ed Hardy in the past and as mentioned above Urban Outfitters.

So what do you think?

Payless Shoes Beauty?

Sounds a little cutesy to me particularly because of the names so maybe it’s something that will reach out to tweens?

Count me curious.

Source

• 3/9/10 14:04 Suzanne H:

Eh – count me currently unimpressed. Although I adore some E.L.F. products so you never know.

P.S. I love your Payless beauty source graphic ;)

• 3/9/10 14:14 the Muse:

I’m trying to remain optimistic that a cheap shoe store will be selling cheap cosmetics…don’t kill my jive Suzanne! LOL

• 9/2/10 22:24 O’Frilly:

Oh gosh, I really hope that they’re not cheap quality! – or at least as bad as some Sephora items (no offense) – I know that PL has a rep of selling affordable shoes and people tend to mix that up with cheap quality (we just heavily discount items xD). PL’s cosmetics are supposed to be in the same price range as the Body Shop’s.

• 9/7/10 11:26 the Muse:

let’s see what happens o’frilly :-D one can hope it’ll be great rather than cheap!

• 3/9/10 14:33 JoElla:

They kinda lost me at “Ed Hardly”

• 3/9/10 15:20 the Muse:

lol joella :-D so much hate and disdain for Ed Hardy :_D

• 3/9/10 14:37 Sara:

Hey girl, Not sure how I feel about this one… Eager to see how this idea shakes out. Thanks for this update!

• 3/9/10 15:20 the Muse:

my pleasure sara…not sure either..but dead curious :-D

• 3/9/10 15:24 Kelsey:

In general, I’m never too thrilled with Payless. But who knows. This could be okay. I’m gonna try to stick with you, Muse, and be a little optimistic.. But just a little.

• 3/9/10 15:35 the Muse:

me either kelsey…payless scares me. A little is ok :-D

• 3/9/10 17:32 Marina:

Not interested. I’ve rarely found anything I like at Payless (except one pair of sandals), so I can’t see myself going there for cosmetics :/

• 3/9/10 17:45 the Muse:

lol same here marina..payless def not my top place for shoes hehe but count me curious about the makeup…tickles me a shoe store is going to have makeup!

• 3/9/10 22:08 Comrade_Garlic:

Is this that same craptastic makeup UO had at the holidays? The stuff at Forever 21 is almost always bad. So, I don’t think I’m going out of my way to try the Payless line. But if DSW can sell CHI flat irons (please don’t buy one there, Farouk will not honor the warranty) Payless can sell makeup. It may go over well with little girls.

• 3/10/10 12:40 the Muse:

not sure comrade as I never got a sec to check out the UO myself but it’s def made by the same company :=D oh lawd dsw sells flat irons? haven’t seen that at my DSW! I’m still dead curious about makeup at payless, craptastic or not :-D

• 3/9/10 23:31 Angie Twe:

Wasn’t really interested with payless.
    But 2.99 caught my eyes. hah, cheap things. :)

• 3/10/10 8:35 the Muse:

lol angie! I hear ya!

• 3/10/10 9:22 G046:

Cosmetics at shoe store? I am not even sure about that….
    If I haven’t had any luck finding a pair of comfortable shoes from Payless…. how am I suppose to trust their cosmetic?
    thanks for the update anyways! =)

• 3/10/10 9:54 the Muse:

LOL I agree g046 honestly I think I’ve brought a single pair of shoes from Payless in my life so not sure about the cosmetics, but count me curious anyway!

• 3/10/10 13:21 Claire:

Well, for what it’s worth, the Zoe & Zac shoes are pretty cute (I have a pair) so maybe the cosmetics will be fun?

• 3/10/10 13:34 the Muse:

hey clarie I didn’t even KNOW about the zoe and zac shoes ha! :-D you never know they might just be!

• 3/10/10 17:29 Alyssamae.:

LOL So weird! Yet I’m so curious!

• 3/10/10 17:41 the Muse:

that;s what I thought alyssa :-D

• 3/12/10 20:51 Gia:

I’m curious and scared. But…if it’s cute i’ll proably end up buying some!!!! I have more payless shoes than I am willing to admit! Sometime they have some cute cheap stuff!!!

• 3/16/10 16:27 the Muse:

gia nothing wrong with too many pairs of shoes hehe!

• 9/2/10 22:22 O’Frilly:

I’m getting a little nervous myself since I work at one of the stores that will be selling make up – my store’s already crowded with expanded sizes, and to think that the kids would mess with the make up makes me shudder (have you ever tried to wash lip stick from t-shirts?). I can’t give away a lot of info since I don’t know too much myself, but I know that the Zac and Zoe collection is supposed to be earthy, environmental conscious. I suppose that the Unforgettable Moments, much like the shoe collection itself, is supposed to be very classic/feminine.

• 9/7/10 11:26 the Muse:

hi o’frilly thanks for the early details…ugh kids and makeup not good!

• 9/19/10 23:43 nenaestrella89:

Hey I work at one of the Payless’s that is getting the cosmetic and fragrance line. Let me tell you, the make is pretty good. The prices are great! We got to try everything in the line and I really enjoy the stuff. The colors of the eyeshadows, bronzers, blushes and liners are all real nice. There are so many bright, warm, cool, shimmery, classy and glamorous colors to choose from! The lip glosses are pretty good. They smell sweet but do not have any taste. They look great when you wear them over your favorite lipstick or if you wear alone you get a glossy shimmer finish. The lip balms in the little tubs are good too, they really soften and moisturize. As for the fragrances, my favorite one is charmed, it’s the one in the pink bottle. It smells great! It reminds me a bit like Lancome’s
    Hypnose. The one in the blue bottle, I don’t even remember the name, but it didn’t smell too good LOL. There are a few different body washes, lotions, body sprays, hand sanitizers, they are all pretty good. The bamboo and white tea one smells best!

• 9/19/10 23:47 nenaestrella89:

Oops make-up** LOL.
      All and all, they have good stuff. I mean it’s not like Lancome(which is what I usually use) or Clinique but it’s pretty good for the price! I hope everybody enjoys the new line! It’s fun, girlie, sweet, fresh and stylish line! :]

• 9/20/10 13:23 the Muse:

interesting nena thanks for the heads up ;-D everything sounds lovely!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing with us!