Chanel Nor Et: Chanel Paris-Shanghai Makeup Collection

Chanel Nor Et Chanel Paris Shanghai Makeup Collection 1

Mmmm Chanel Paris-Shanghai Makeup Collection has my eye this morning! Such basic colors we all have in our makeup library but we probably never considered pairing them up in such a a dramatic fashion right?

Jump!

For example that golden french manicure with black tips, has it crossed your mind to pair the two up? Or that shimmering gold lid with that drama black lined eye…betcha didn’t think of that either?

That’s why we need Chanel. They remind us that simplicity combined with a little drama is the order of business for Spring 2010.

Chanel Nor Et Chanel Paris Shanghai Makeup Collection 2

Eyes:

• Chanel Ligne et Ombre de Chanel in Jet-Gold (matte black eyeliner and sparkling gold eyeshadow) $45

Nails:

• Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Velvet (matte black nail color in a frosted bottle) $25
  • Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Gold Lamé (satiny gold nail color) $25
  • Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Illusion d‘or (transparent sparkling gold nail color) $25

Whatcha think?

Black and gold are simply stunning but not sure how I feel about it for Spring. I’m indulging in the shadow for sure!

How about you?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Share it!

• 3/29/10 12:44 Ann:

I love nailpolish on the model! But it doesn’t feel like spring with the black.

• 3/29/10 12:47 the Muse:

I agree ann :-D love it but def not feeling Spring in this!

• 3/29/10 12:54 Kristina:

I wish they sold that gold shadow separately. I have more black eyeliner than I know what to do with!

• 3/29/10 13:17 the Muse:

I have to agree Kristina, and chanel at that :-D I have three of their liner cakes so another one is a little crazy :D

• 3/29/10 13:49 Comrade_Garlic:

I love gold and black in spring. The problem with this collection is the promo picture. Good gravy who did the makeup? It’s horrible. Lighter on the brows and less black liner would of helped, maybe then it would look springy.

• 3/29/10 14:40 the Muse:

mmm agreed comrade it’s a very strong look more evening than Spring for me :P

• 3/29/10 15:51 Hithlain:

I’m going to have to try this myself tomorrow. I love the fun colors together!

• 3/29/10 17:45 Vanessa:

For a second, I thought I was looking at a pic of Madonna from the 90s lol.

That aside, I like the light orange and yellow eyeshadow combo on her. Not crazy about the black tips with gold, though.

• 3/29/10 18:04 the Muse:

ha vanessa kinda yes :-D I like the eyes too, I’m not a nail girl so kinda thinkin’ the nails are whimsical but prob won’t wear ‘em myself since I am so not a nail girl :D

• 3/29/10 18:30 LINDARRAGNAR:

I don’t use nail polish ever but My twin does >:)

I love the bumblebee colours so pretty and different!!! hopefully I can see the eyeshadow thing in person before purchasing….

• 3/30/10 4:11 Nia:

I really like the looks for this collection, very un-chanel I think.
    Likey :)

How are things at your side?!

• 3/31/10 19:43 the Muse:

great nia and yours hun? :-D Very nice collection, must say the shadow=LOVE!

• 4/1/10 4:04 Nia:

Oh, really? *lalalalalala* I am not listening ;)

The last shadows I got from Chanel were meh.

• 4/1/10 8:57 the Muse:

lol nia!

• 3/30/10 7:06 Robyn:

times like this i wished nail varnish stayed on my nails cause those nails are awesome

its no joke i have tried everything but it refuses nailvarnish it doesnt chip it just lifts off my nail often in one piece (trying to stick it back on with topcoat doesnt work that well btw) my nails are pretty curved could be why

i love this look i know everyones saying its not that spring like but who cares its awesome !

• 3/31/10 19:43 the Muse:

I agree robyn the look is rocking! it’s not too spring for me but I don’t care, love GOLD!

• 3/30/10 16:46 Su:

I don’t like the makeup…I think hair is horrible as well…
    brows are too thick and long for the eye and skin looks a bit dry and patchy..more like you put makeup on zombie…