Down the Rabbit Hole: The Muse’s Fav Alice in Wonderland Curiosities and Beauty Picks

Alice Beauty

The Muse is a big time literary geek and one of fav books is Through the Looking Glass but of course I’d like to sit here and tell you about my great love of the book but even I can admit I simply want to see Alice in Wonderland because of the Johnny Depp…who doesn’t?

With the introduction of Alice in Wonderland being adapted to the big screen we get flooded with an absurd amount of merchandise and most important fun beauty bits and bobs.

Here’s some of my top beauty picks (and some not beauty related) to celebrate the release of Alice in Wonderland today!

Jump!

Topping my list? The Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette but of course! Made up of sixteen shades of some of Urban Decay’s most popular colors, all renamed in keeping to the theme of the tale of Alice and her adventures, and housed in a super deluxe pop up design with a scene from the movie, this palette is a must have for any fan!

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 2

Nothing speaks to me more about the adventures of Wonderland than the scents and smells of it. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s long standing Mad Tea Party Collection carries with it over 15 special perfume blends all centered and themed around Wonderland and some very mad tea gatherings! Mad Hatter, Alice, the March Hare, and even Five, Seven and Two get their own personal scent blend.

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 4

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 3

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 1

If minerals are your things you can check out Concrete Mineral’s Alice Collection of Mineral Eyeshadow which includes shades to named and themed after the Mad Hatter and the White Rabbit!

Alice in Wonderland Eye Shadow

Classic images from the Alice in Wonderland find their way into vegan-friendly soaps at Vanessa Elise’s Etsy Shop!

Alice and Wonderland Beauty 2

Alice and Wonderland Beauty 1

The OPI Alice in Wonderland Nail Collection had many a fan squirming in their sits to get tips and toes painted in hues of Wonderland goodness!

Alice and Wonderland Beauty 3

Hit up Hot Topic and indulge in any range of accessories featuring the Mad Hater and Alice! My best friend Jai purchased me this wallet and tote from there.

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 7

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 5

Visit your local Disney Store and snag an Alice in Wonderland tote for your groceries for as little as a buck.

Alice and Wonderland Urban Decay Beauty 6

Alice in Wonderland Curiosities and Beauty bits and bobs are all around you. Search around great places like Etsy and E-tailers to some truly special finds.

Nothing wrong with good marketing and merchandise right? Especially when it’s themed around such a fun film and book.

What are your fav Alice in Wonderland beauty and accessory picks?

Any cool obscure ones to share?

Are you going to see the film tonight? I got tickets for the 10:30 show and going with a few friends after dinner. Can’t wait!

• 3/5/10 13:14 BeautyBitch:

Let us know what you think of the film! I saw it yesterday after waiting in anticipation for months.

• 3/5/10 13:18 the Muse:

bora don’t leave me hanging girl how was it!? :-D

• 3/6/10 2:15 BeautyBitch:

Hopefully you’ll get this after you’ve seen it as I don’t want to rain on the parade too much (I like to read/watch things for myself despite others’ opinions). I was really disappointed and unsatisfied after watching. Some of my favorite stars in the world were involved (Alan Rickman! Stephen Fry! Matt Lucas!) but frankly I’d rate it 3/10. The special effects were rubbish, and the 3-D fell flat after watching Avatar. I hated the actress playing Alice, and the script and plot were lacklustre. It definitely felt like a Tim Burton movie but missed the spark of his other films.

The best bits were Helena Bonham-Carter’s Red Queen who had the best lines and performance, and Barbara Windsor voicing the doormouse. The low points: Anne Hathaway’s weird White Queen, and the Mad Hatter’s “dance” which I actually cringed at.

• 3/5/10 13:48 jonnie:

I was gonna go tonight but a friend of mine asked me to wait til next week to go with her, so I am… I’m way excited!

As for bits and bobs, I saw a way cute shirt at Hot Topic but I feel like I’m too old to wear it so I didn’t buy. I have the UD palette and that is LOVE! I may have to get the shopping bag if I pass a Disney store… not sure where one is in my area tho.

• 3/5/10 14:17 the Muse:

jonnie super excited too can’t wait! lol I always say god I’m too old for that but I go for it anyway :-D I got the shoppin’ bag at a disney outlet store, I thought it was cute for my trips to trader joe :) as the old TJ sacks are getting a little holey so replace ‘em with Alice :D

• 3/5/10 14:27 Anitacska:

I only have the palette, but it’s gorgeous! So happy to finally have it. :) Want to see the film in 3D, might take my eldest daughter along (she’s 8, my other two are still too young for it I think).

• 3/5/10 14:29 the Muse:

hey anita yay! the palette is a love! :-D Have fun when you do go, I’m sure you’ll both love it :-D!

• 3/5/10 15:10 Marina:

I’m going on Sat. with a bunch of friends. Gonna be so much fun! Out of us all, I’m the Alice freak. I love the other adaptations as well as the book…yay! I’m definitely going to be using my Alice palette for the night!

• 3/5/10 15:15 the Muse:

yay marina! same here but going tonight. I am as well, plotting my look now :)

• 3/5/10 15:20 Fabiola:

I’m incredibly excited about this movie! Who else but Tim Burton could create such a creative and visually stunning movie? I’d really like to know what you think of if, my dear Muse. Have fun tonight!

• 3/5/10 15:22 the Muse:

thanks fabiola :-D I’ll post back and let ya know I’m very eager to see what he pulled off this time!

• 3/5/10 19:33 Lynn:

Love all the Alice Merchandise. Just saw the movie and it was amazing! Enoy it tonight!

• 3/10/10 13:29 the Muse:

hey lynn! thanks :-D It was quite nice!

• 3/5/10 20:58 jkim:

doesn’t paul and joe have an alice in wonderland collection out, too?! X-D (can’t contain myself!)

• 3/10/10 13:26 the Muse:

almost forgot about that jean!

• 3/5/10 22:30 CoffeCafe:

Ooohh, I so want that tote! But it’s not available in Singapore!
    I just watched the movie in 3D yesterday. Not bad :) I would be happier if the movie was longer! heh!

• 3/10/10 13:25 the Muse:

hey coffeecake I seen them very cheap on E-bay :-D true…I felt the same, it was over way too fast!

• 3/6/10 8:37 Susan:

The Paul and Joe lipbalm and blotting papers come in a really nice tin. I got both colors and they’re gorgeous. The lipbalm is sheer but who can resist the pictures of Alice on the tube? Love it!

• 3/10/10 13:03 the Muse:

susan WANT! :-D haven’t ordered yet debating

• 3/6/10 10:51 Faria:

I actually saw this last night in 3D…. ahhhh-maazing=). i love tim burton. i love johnny depp. i love alice in wonderland. haha.

• 3/8/10 13:30 the Muse:

awesome Faria :-D I thought it was good, wasn’t his best, but was decent enough :-D

• 3/6/10 11:35 Julie:

Just got an email from BeautyHabit that Paul & Joe Disney have AIW sets for $48…lip conditioner, blotting papers and matching tin. Kind of spendy, but super cute!

• 3/10/10 13:02 the Muse:

I see julie WANT! you getting?!

• 3/6/10 17:05 Anna Fantasia:

Hey Muse:
    I picked up some Alice jewelry at Macys- Disney Couture. I got the key bangle bracelet but am lovin the teacup rings… just worried about taking an eye out with the size of the bling.

• 3/8/10 13:29 the Muse:

oh anna sounds cutes! Must get to macys and check it :-D

• 3/7/10 19:20 Barb:

I took my 18 yr, old granddaughter Friday morning to see it. It was excellent! I love Tim Burton movies, and I adore Johnny Depp,

• 3/8/10 13:23 the Muse:

hi barb! awesome :-D I love TB and JD myself :-D who doesn’t right?!

• 3/9/10 16:15 Kate:

LOVED the movie. It was Alice as only Tim Burton could do it! I got the Mad Hatter locket necklace and keychain at Hot Topic. Thanks for sharing yours, otherwise I wouldn’t have known HT was selling Alice merchandise. :)

• 3/9/10 16:58 the Muse:

awesome kate :-D Cheers! I liked it but I didn’t think it was great, I kinda felt like I wanted something more but it was damn good that’s for sure and def very TB :)

• 3/9/10 23:06 Kate:

Well, I have to admit, I think it would have been even better if they’d used the dialogue out of the book, but I guess they wanted to expand the Hatter’s role to have JD in the movie more which is okay by me.

• 3/10/10 12:39 the Muse:

Agreed Kate plus some of it was a little absurd and trippy :-D but I’m not complaining about more JD on my screen!

• 3/30/10 16:23 Su:

I watched the movie with my friends and one of my friend fell asleep during the movie so she missed at least 1/3 of it lol… I think it is a pretty movie and I like the red queen lol she is so cute nad I like her acting ( especially the pig part )haha
    but I feel something is lacking..it doesn’t “WOW” me…and Johnny Depp acting is a bit fake and over ( I feel )
    I am debating if I should get alice in wonderland palette but I have so many eyeshadow already and I don’t need to be more broke than I am now T.T but it has so many pretty colors

• 3/31/10 15:01 the Muse:

I liked the red queen too su lol! it didn’t work me either, JD was a little overly done but fun :-D AiW BOS was the highlight of my year :D

• 8/7/10 23:21 Michelle:

I know I’m commenting on a pretty old post, but could you tell me what your favorite Black Phoenix scents are? I’m itching to get some, but they all sound so nice that I can’t decide!

• 8/9/10 9:16 the Muse:

I really have alot michelle. Hamptons, Alice, Cheshire Cat, Eat/Drink Me, many of the Stardust scents such as Fairy Wine, and a whole CRAP load of LE’s :-D Start with Mad Tea Party, many bpal’ers will agree it contains some gems!

• 8/9/10 10:59 jonnie:

If I may chime in… Dorian is my all-time BPAL favorite. I don’t think I can describe what it makes me think of without sounding like a total perv, but let’s just say I turn myself on when I’m wearing it. ;) not much of a summer scent to me though…it’s way too strong for me when it’s hot and sticky out.

• 8/9/10 13:20 the Muse: