Stash Spotlight: Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten

Laura Geller Blush n Brighten 1

God, I love me some MAC MSF. I have too many to count! Dontcha just dig ‘em? I have total pokemon (Collect ‘em all!) disease when it comes to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish! Evil I tell ya, pure evil! They make me want them!

But let me, let you in on a little secret, I’m actually more addicted to Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten Blush!

Jump!

I gotta say in some ways Laura Geller Blush-N-Brighten actually trumps a MAC MSF. These apply so beautiful minus the frost and shimmer you get with MAC MSF. Granted, you will get a bit of shimmer depending on the formula you purchase (she has sugar and sugar-free versions, define that as a shimmer or a matte finish, cute right?) but for the most part they are so smooth and heavenly on the face plus I like that it’s not subtle color like a MAC MSF but full on blush and highlighter in one.

Laura Geller Blush n Brighten 2

Laura Geller Blush n Brighten 3

Laura Geller Blush n Brighten 5

Laura Geller Blush n Brighten 4

Loves ‘em!

I have a total of five and seriously hope she introduces more. Oh and let’s not forget the one that’s not pictured from the Tropics Collection, GORGEOUS!

Anyone else a fan of Blush-N-Brighten?

How many shades are hiding out in your stash?

• 3/2/10 20:14 Johanna:

I have the Pink Grapefruit and I love it! I’m caramel-complexioned, so at first I didn’t think it would work for me, but I found it looks wonderful layered over my Nars Torrid blush and as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. Gives my complexion a nice glow.

• 3/2/10 20:17 the Muse:

fabs johanna :-D!!!!!!!!

• 3/2/10 20:30 Becky:

So sad that I can’t find that tropics collection blush anywhere…it is really beautiful.

• 3/2/10 20:34 the Muse:

becky, doll, rumor is she’s going to release the blush in a larger size for Summer :-D cross those fingers and toes!

• 3/2/10 20:35 jonnie:

I only have one, also Pink Grapefruit… I’m pretty pale skinned and it also looks great on me! I absolutely love it. When I wear it I don’t usually need any other blush though; probably the difference between my pale and Johanna’s caramel. :) Although this evening I thought I looked extra pale so I used some BeneFit Georgia as well here and there…

• 3/2/10 20:39 the Muse:

hey jonnie! I love pink grapefruit :-D I normally don’t need to use anything else either, pigmented enough as is :)

• 3/2/10 20:40 Becky:

That’s terrific! :D I sure hope it’s true. I’m crossing my fingers and toes with ya. It’s just too pretty to be LE.

• 3/2/10 21:58 the Muse:

I agree Becky :-D way to pretty! I’m crossing toes, fingers, everything so long as we can get a bigger size, the one with the kit was TOO small :-D Need me a bigger one!

• 3/2/10 23:42 Phyrra:

I would love to see swatches some time if you have them, because I’ve been kinda curious about them. I know you love Laura Geller :)

• 3/3/10 10:44 the Muse:

dd will def try for you :-D gimme a few and will see what I can pull off :D

• 3/2/10 23:56 jackieg02:

I’ve always been interested in these…I’ll have to check them out soon!

• 3/3/10 10:28 the Muse:

hey are nice jackie well worth a check out!

• 3/3/10 0:08 daisyv316:

yea laura said on qvc that the whole tropics kit was going to come back in june, I am soo0o waiting for that, since I missed out on the last one, Why do I think about it too much? =-\

• 3/3/10 10:27 the Muse:

daisy I kinda hope it’s a revamped kit :-D I’ll buy! I can’t blame you it was gorgeous!

• 3/3/10 0:12 Su:

i have 5 colors now ( 4 from baby cakes palette and one full size) since I swapped away one of them
    my favorites are sunswept and apricot berry
    at first I didn’t like them and was regretting buying them since I couldn’t get any color
    then I found out that I need to use quite stiff bristle brush to get the color so if I want to use these I use my goat hair blush brush instead of squirrel hair brush
    now I really like them since they give really nice color to my cheek with enough shimmer =]

• 3/3/10 10:44 the Muse:

nice su! :-D I started out kinda hating on them too as I felt they applied chalky in some cases but I’ve fell in love with them since. just lovely! they make my face glow!

• 3/3/10 11:31 Lucy:

Wow, I never thought I’d stumble upon another BnB fan :)
    I’m (not) proud to say that I spent almost $300 on 14 of these babies (including the Sugar Free varieties and the Ethereal Rose highlight powder). It’s a real hard chore to make decisions during my morning routine :p

• 3/3/10 16:38 the Muse:

OMG LUCY! ha awesome :-D I purchased mine at $29.95 each with lipglosses and others I got with various kits :D but I gotta say they are worth it right?! did you get them from LG or as a lot from Ebay!?

• 3/5/10 0:56 Lucy:

Yup, everyone of them is from Ebay :)
        Quite a few are from the UK, too! (I live in Canada) So some of them have EU stickers on them while others say New York.
        OMG yes totally worth it. You know when I was comparing the marbled shades (Sunswept, Apricot Berry, and Berry) I was almost disappointed because they look like dupes of each other in the pan. But they turned out to be differently gorgeous shades of warm coral, peach, and (well duh) berry when swatched :)

• 3/3/10 12:19 Anitacska:

I also have loads of these and love them. :D Have you seen the ones with the highlighter bit in them? I think they’re from the I love Italy sets (1, 2 and 3), but available on eBay separately and very reasonably priced and those are just gorgeous! My favourite is Boyesenberry with Amaretti (Amaretti being the highlighter), it’s a beautiful blush and you know what, Amaretti is an EXACT dupe for Pleasureflush (even has the same veining)! ;) I own 3 of them (gotta stock up!). There’s also a Como/Portofino and Golden Apricot+highlighter (can’t remember the highlighter’s name) duo! So pretty! :)

• 3/3/10 12:32 Anitacska:

Actually can you tell me which blush in on the top (in the middle) of both pictures? Is it Ethereal Rose? So pretty.

• 3/3/10 15:06 lindarragnar:

muse can you please swatch these becasue they look so gorgeous becasue they are a bit moar then mac :’(

• 3/3/10 15:09 the Muse:

def linda gimme a few days hun :)

• 3/3/10 16:54 LINDARRAGNAR:

thank you ;) you’re the nicest person on the whole internetzz

• 3/3/10 19:08 the Muse:

aw shucks linda I lurve ya back!

• 3/5/10 15:48 allison1998:

I have read on another forum that Pink Grapefruit is a dupe for MAC Stereo Rose MSF…what is your opinion?

• 3/10/10 13:32 the Muse:

sadly I do not have stereo rose allison so I can’t say. I’ve been trying to track it down most of my mac life and never found a cheap one :P

• 3/8/10 11:02 Anitacska:

Please please tell me which shade the pink blush is (top one in the 2nd and 3rd pictures)! Thanks!

• 3/31/10 20:08 the Muse:

anita WAY late replying sorry dear heart, got overloaded with comments and trying to get through the older ones. Pink Grapefruit :D

• 3/14/10 16:58 Daituf:

I’ve been a Laura Geller fan ever since I got a sample sized blush from the sephora kit! They are so gorgeous on the skin and to look at! Wish I could get more but I don’t wanna pay for full sized…
    honestly, the need to sell things in sample size, so it’s cheaper…and i really don’t need more than that…

• 3/22/10 21:10 the Muse:

hey daituf her kits are nicely priced on qvc and always come with brushes :D

• 6/9/10 8:22 Tiffany:

Which is the peachy/pink with gold right in the middle? Apricot Berry? Thanks! Oh and don’t worry about Stereo Rose – its being repromoted in July with the In The Groove collection :)

• 2/3/14 12:07 Romy:

Wished you would mention the different shades, and which ones are frost and matte. Thanks.