Want It: Jane Iredale Starter Kit Collection

Jane Iredale Starter Kit Collection 1

God, I have such a thing for makeup that comes in boxes. I think that’s why I’m constantly getting sucked into purchasing Bare Escentuals Kits, because they come in such gorgeous little boxes with drawers and such!

Now appearing on my hit list of beautiful make up inside beautiful boxes, the Jane Iredale Starter Kit Collection.

Yes please, I’ll take one, simply because of the gorgeous box!

Jump!

The Jane Iredale Starter Kit Collection ($79) is a start up kit to introduce new users to some of Jane’s finest offer. The set comes housed in a beautiful jewelry box with full size mirror and drawer for stashing away brushes.

The set includes:

• Jane Iredale Two PurePressed Bases SPF 20
  • Jane Iredale Dream Tint SPF 15
  • Jane Iredale Circle/Delete Concealer
  • Jane Iredale PurePressed Blush
  • Jane Iredale L.A. Just Kissed Lipstick
  • Jane Iredale base, blush and concealer brushes
  • Jane Iredale Reusable Jewel Box

I admit part of it’s appeal is the beautiful box but it also seems to feature some incredible offerings for flawless skin.

Wants it please.

Available now from Jane Iredale.

Whatcha think?

I think it’s quite nice for it’s price tag! Might be worth hauling for myself….ugh remind me again I don’t need more makeup!

• 3/16/10 12:42 Ashley:

The best way to kill this lemming is to… SAY NO!
    Say no because there is NO MUSIC when you open up the box (literally).
    Say no because there is no pretty ballerina that pops up & start twirling :(
    Lastly, say no because it’s just a boring old jewelry box that can get dirty so easily… Seriously brushes housed in an off-white jewelry box? Yikes!

• 3/16/10 12:47 the Muse:

lol ashley way to kill a lemming…now I realize I need a makeup kit, housed in a jewelry box, WITH music and a ballerina :-D

oh yea and also not white!

LOL

• 3/16/10 19:13 Ashley:

Just gotta think bigger, Muse… waaaay bigger.
        But really, wouldn’t it be wonderful to have a jewelry box that played music & had a twirling ballerina while holding make up treasures?

• 3/18/10 10:01 the Muse:

LOL ashley. project revamp on Jane Iredale :D but of course :-D and perhaps a secret draw to keep my future engagement ring bling :D lol!

• 3/16/10 13:12 Sagu:

My god, it’s so CUTE! I’ll try not to go from “I want it” to “I need it”…

• 3/16/10 13:20 the Muse:

LOL help me do that sagu!?

• 3/16/10 13:26 Sagu:

My reasons for doing that are 1) it’s a month until my next paycheck and 2) the international shipping cost would probably be ridiculous. So, I’m afraid I can’t help you :D

• 3/16/10 13:28 the Muse:

LOL sagu damn! Guess I have to depend on Ashley to kill my lemmings :D

• 3/16/10 18:20 Robyn:

hmm interesting *head starts ticking if i were to arange nicely some makeup in a box with a ballerine and music i could then flog it to people like the muse*

and the every season i could change the song so you have to buy it
    mwah ha ha ha

lol anyway…
    we use jane iredale at the salon i work in colours to neutral for me but brushes are fab and discount for me yay :)

• 3/22/10 21:09 the Muse:

LOL robyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that’s WRONG on so many levels LMAO! :_D lucky girl!

• 3/16/10 22:00 Donna:

Did you see the little Jane Irdale sampler kit on beauty.com? Ive been thinking about getting that one. It’s I think $28 and it comes with Two foundations (Golden Glow and Warm Silk)
    Blush (Sheer Honey)
    Eye shadow (Peach Sherbet)
    Concealer (#1)
    Lip plumper (Sugar&Butter)
    Lip balm (Lip Drink)
    Lip color (Sarah)
    One foundation/blush brush
    One dual-ended eye shadow, lip plumper and concealer brush

• 3/22/10 21:20 the Muse:

oh no donna thanks must check that out!!!!!!!

• 3/17/10 13:28 Roz:

Hi, Muse,

I simply love your blog. I got the kit in “Creamy” and I love it. Even though everything comes in trial sizes, but especially the powders, blush, concealer (I think this one is full size) will last quite a while. The brushes alone is worth the price of admission, very good quality. There was a note in the box about the company not able to include the DVD, but the paper instructions are easy to follow. I agree the box is just adorable, very nice presentation! Keep up the good work!

Roz

• 3/18/10 9:55 the Muse:

hi roz aw thank you so much dear *hugs* It sounds incredible :D I really want it! I thought that the price was quite nice for what you get and it seems like a nice flawless looking kit :D

Thanks Roz, I appreciate all your support! Hugs!

• 3/19/10 0:42 sarahpuffy:

hay Musey…yer Puff baby here, lmao! I go to beauty school and this is the line we use…if you haven’t used their stuff I’ll give you the low down…

pure pressed bases…they’re good. I don’t like how they look on me, personally, so I stay away from em. if you can find a perfect match, then you’re in luck. but I notice that when using this over circle delete on clients, it changes colour? it irks me. but usually the power should be enough on its own to cover dark circles (you can use it wet, too…with a flocked sponge if you need more coverage). also its waterproof, which is pretty cool.

circle delete is great but it may settle in fine lines a bit if you’re too heavy handed…easy to find a shade or mix and match (circle delete 3 is mine – light shade is good for my dark circles and the dark shade matches my skin). this is one product I wouldn’t mind having in my makeup bag, although it wouldn’t replace my coverFX concealer.

the brushes are amazing quality and you’ll love them. you’ll prolly end up petting them and calling them your babies. the blush is top notch, too.

only thing I haven’t tried is the dream tint, cos we don’t carry it. I don’t care for the lipsticks (taste funny, they slide around on my lips a lot…weird).

if I had to recommend a product for you that ISN’T in this set, it would be the absence primer, hands down. two shades – absence and absence 2 (for darker skin tones). dude…its worth every penny. you’d prolly like the purematte pressed powder too, but MAC blot powder and UD’s powder is about the same, if not better (my fav is still the UD one! n.n).

overall Jane Iredale isn’t my fav makeup line, and it hasn’t made me like mineral makeup anymore than I did before working with it…but there’s a few gems hidden in there. and now I’M OFF TO BED cos I just wrote like, a whole novel! lmao <333