A Little Taste of the Philosophy Summer Collection 2010

Philosophy Summer 2010 Collection 300x268

One brand I really like to keep my eye on when Summer arrives is Philosophy. They always manage to introduce some fine bath and body options that really make my world go round each season. For me Summer is all about fruity blends with a bit of tropical thrown into the mix of it all and of course Philosophy always manages to bring just that to the table.

Although their official releases aren’t yet live, I still managed to come across some interesting items that will be included in the Philosophy Summer 2010 Collection.

Check ‘em out!

Philosophy Going Coconuts! Gift Set (Includes Philosophy Shower Gels in Lime Coconut, Pineapple Coconut, and Orange Coconut) $30

Philosophy Summer Collection 2010 5 293x300

Philosophy Raspberries & Cream Body Spritz and Philosophy Apricots & Cream Body Spritz (Available at QVC) $19.94 Each

Philosophy Summer Collection 2010 4 261x300

Philosophy Pineapple Orange Smoothie Shower Gel (Available at QVC) $20

Philosophy Summer Collection 2010 3 250x300

Philosophy Pineapple Coconut Shower Gel and Lipshine $10-$16

Philosophy Summer Collection 2010 2 300x276

Philosophy Beach Girl Shower, Body Lotion, and Lipshine $10-$24

Philosophy Summer Collection 2010 1 300x253

Looks like Philosophy is embracing the same coconut mix ups that Bath and Body Works has going on for Summer 2010. I love the idea of an orange coconut blend, that sounds interesting! I’m happy to see Beach Girl back as a regular shower gel rather than the exfoliating version they normally release.

Looks like some very interesting offerings. I’ve already ordered the two body sprays from QVC, quite eager to try them. I’m hopeful if the body sprays are popular that Philosophy will consider introducing more but count me feeling a little worried that they might not be made with a heavy concentrate of fragrance. Body sprays tend to worry me sometimes.

All in all some fine offerings for the Philosophy Summer Collection 2010. I look forward to seeing/hearing more about what they have in store for us.

What’s your word on it?

Share!

• 4/12/10 11:35 Kristina:

Mmm def getting the coconut trio of shower gels! What is Beach Girl?

• 4/12/10 13:29 the Muse:

hey kristina it’s an orangy scent :D

• 4/12/10 12:56 dina:

going coconuts and orange pineapple smoothie please :) i’m on it!!!

• 4/12/10 13:17 the Muse:

i likey dina. I skimmed through qvc this morning and was thinking of YOU!

• 4/13/10 9:06 dina:

* aw shucks * :D i always think of you for all things beauty!! and now you have, once again, added more droolings to my list :P

• 4/13/10 15:53 the Muse:

aw shucks thanks dina :D

• 4/12/10 14:08 Johanna:

I watched Cristina Carolino unveil the Orange Pineapple Smoothie on QVC last weekend and was intrigued. I’m heading down to Sephora today to purchase Philosophy’s Miracle Worker Retinol Pads with my 15% discount.

• 4/12/10 14:11 the Muse:

Me too Johanna also was really wanting the miracle worker, How old are you might I ask? Debating if I need the Miracle worker as I don’t have fine lines but wanted something to use for prevention :D

• 4/12/10 14:19 Johanna:

I’m 41. I don’t have fine lines either because of my darker complexion (and my mother, who was much darker than me didn’t have any wrinkles at age 60), but I do spend a lot of time in the California sun, and Dr. Oz had me convinced about the benefits of retinol for boosting collagen. So, I’m buying it for prevention too. I’ve been using a small tube of Help Me, but I understand that Miracle Worker is much gentler but more effective.

• 4/12/10 14:21 the Muse:

hey johanna :-D awesome :-D I def need than lol! I’m 32 but was scared it would make my skin drier. I think it’s prob worth a try :-D anything to keep my skin looking good!

• 4/12/10 14:30 Johanna:

Maybe you can use it intermittantly. Cristina recommended using it every other night to start.

• 4/12/10 14:37 the Muse:

good idea johanna :D

• 4/12/10 16:52 jonnie:

okay, now I need to know more about Miracle Worker and it’s prevention possibilities too… I’m 31 but starting to notice ever-so-slow changes in my skin over time. I’m almost as pale as it gets so every little line is noticeable on me! :(

• 4/12/10 17:51 the Muse:

jonnie same here…I already use a slew of anti aging but kinda wanting to try miracle worker as an extra measure!

• 4/12/10 20:39 stef:

Omg, this post just made me want a cocktail with an umbrella! I’m so getting the Going Coconuts set. YUM!

• 4/12/10 21:43 Sami:

Hmm I wonder if they will have this at ulta or sephora. I don’t wanna order online. I would like to smell the beach babe

• 4/13/10 15:56 the Muse:

hi sami some are available at Sephora and a few are qvc exclusive :D

• 4/13/10 10:14 cham:

oh! orange pineapple smoothie!! yumm!!^^

• 9/19/10 15:30 Johanna:

I just bought the Beach Girl set before the summer ended — body wash, lotion, lip gloss. Loves it. Strong orange scent that lasts a while on the skin

Update on the Miracle Worker pads — I used a whole set, and it was terrible for my skin. I have a caramel complexion that is vulnerable to hyperpigmentation. I thought the MW would lighten out the hyperpigmentation, but instead, it contributed to my skin appearing more uneven and blotchy.

Here’s why: 1) I noticed white spots on my chin. At first I thought Iit must be sun spots or something, but when I looked closer, I could see that the white spots were actually white oil plugs that usually sit beneath my skin (I have oily skin and nothing really removes the whiteheads permanently). The retinol made my skin so thin, that the whiteheads were showing through my skin, which they normally don’t do.

2) The hyperpigmentation became much darker whenever I went out in the sun, even with heavy-duty sunscreen Now, I know that commonly happens with hyperpigmentation, but this was much darker than usual. I realized that the top layers of my skin provide protection from the sun. When those top layers are removed through using MW, the bottom layers of skin are much more vulnerable to sun damage, and thus, hyperpigmentation.

Just one last note on exfoliating — It seems that every article I read about aging skin recommends exfoliation as a means to reverse the signs of aging. But my former roommate was a professional in microdermabrasian, and regularly did treatments on her own skin (she was Caucasian). She also exercised outside daily. She was 45 years old, but her skin was much older looking and “aged” her. She explained to me that the microdermabrasian made her skin vulnerable to sun damage, and thus aged it. However, she felt compelled to continue the treatments because her skin was aged, putting her in a vicious cycle.

• 9/20/10 15:26 the Muse:

awesome hauling Johanna!

eep sorry to her about the pads. So far I don’t mind them but haven’t seen any considerably different in my skin to write home about.

thanks for sharing your experience and also telling us about your friend!!!!!!!!!!! good advice not to over exfoliate! I find it also dries me out if I over do it :)