Beauty Survival: Your Apartment Is On Fire!

Beauty Fire

Your apartment is on fire!

Gasp!

What beauty do you grab and run with?

Jump!

I’d probably sit and burn. How could I choose from all my beloved products? GASP! Don’t make me choose.

The good news is my beauty vault items are all located on two shelves which are actually office organizers so I can easily stick one under my arm and the other and waddle my way down the stairs and out the door…

But let me tell you something, if they need to come in to get me through the window, well they better be prepared to take the beauty vault down first while I wait until its safely outside. Oh and btw since this is my fantasy I’d like a hawt fireman thanks so much!

How about you?

What would you grab if (god forbid) your house or apartment was on fire?

• 4/19/10 20:09 angela:

thank god i only have one tray of makeup:) otherwise i’ll do what u do. sit and burn.

• 4/19/10 20:28 the Muse:

LOL angela I was considering the sit and burn too LMAO!

• 4/19/10 20:16 Gabrielle:

Oh, this is a good one! I would pick up my MAC palette and MSF in Perfect Topping, then my Rimmel Moisture Renew lippies, and last my Benefit Georgia powder, but only because I payed so much for it!

• 4/19/10 20:28 the Muse:

ha gabrielle I would think the benefit would be the 1st one in the bag :D

• 4/19/10 20:36 Erin:

I have two traincases and a shoebox full of pigments. I would throw the pigments under one arm and take each traincase in hand!

• 4/19/10 20:37 the Muse:

and jump into the fireman’s arms erin? :-D haha!

• 4/24/10 21:11 Erin:

I would try to oogle as I ran out of my burning home. And then I would “catch my breath” next to the fire truck. ;)

• 4/26/10 21:24 the Muse:

lol erin :-D

• 4/19/10 20:39 Kristina:

I’m an organized nut too! I could grab my ‘currently in use’ makeup case and my tote bin with the rest of my stash in a matter of seconds.

• 4/19/10 20:41 the Muse:

kristina wish I could say the same lord knows I might have to sit and burn with it :-D I have TOO much. Its all organized but not easy to just tote around and go. I’m thinking I should start keeping BIG garbage bags in my makeup room that way I can toss everything in and climb down from the window :-D haha!

• 4/19/10 21:13 Lisa:

I have to say… I’d grab my cat and my laptop. But if both of those were safe, definitely my UD palettes. Actually, my makeup stash is in one small drawer-thing, so maybe I could grab all of it!

• 4/19/10 21:50 the Muse:

noooo lisa its only beauty products :-D leave the cat and the laptop but get the blush and eyeshadow haha!

• 4/19/10 21:47 LostcauseFoundeffect:

Lol
    agreed and I would probably do something dumb like try to put the flames out with my facial mist or something

• 4/19/10 21:49 the Muse:

LOL good idea lostcausefoundeffect!

• 4/19/10 21:56 Coral:

I have most of the makeup I use everyday in a container…and the stashed ones in another container I keep them organized in. So I’m good in taking each one and waiting for the handsome fireman to wait for me at the bottom… But if I guess I had to choose one, it would be my mascara. The one I liked at the time since that seems to be the one thing I use everyday.
    I also have a case of eyeshadows. But I need a new one, so I’d be willing to let that one go just to have an excuse to get a new one. LOL!

• 4/20/10 13:32 the Muse:

lol coral any excuse to shop for new makeup :D

• 4/19/10 21:58 teresa:

i do not have such an extensive makeup stash as i would like to so all i would hav to do is throw in some my best makeup in my makeup case and then add in all the expensive stuff (if i ever get any) in my separate makeup bags and dont forget the stuff i use that arent makeup related (hair nail skin) id throw them all out the window and knock the poor fireman out!

• 4/20/10 13:31 the Muse:

lol teresa poor guy!

• 4/19/10 22:16 Marcy:

Mine are very organised, but on a shelf that’s not removable (it is actually on a bookshelf lol)… don’t know what i’m going to do!! Grab the individual containers I suppose and run out of the house with makeup falling out as I run forming some trail? Lol

• 4/20/10 13:16 the Muse:

lol marcy I’ve decided to start having large trash bags handy. toss stuff in and RUN!

• 4/19/10 22:26 M.A.C.nunu:

Attempt to put out the flames with makeup remover, then realise they’re flammable T.T
    In all seriousness, the answer to the question is: That is the very reason why I live on the ground floor, I can just grab everything, open the sliding doors and run out into the garden xD

• 4/20/10 13:15 the Muse:

LOL NUNU!!!! ha!

• 4/19/10 23:52 Jess:

All my important stuffs in in 2 of the train case, in case of fire I’ll throw them into my bags n run for my life !

• 4/20/10 10:07 the Muse:

ha ha jess!

• 4/20/10 1:36 Anna:

my Clarisonic- because 5 months easy pay was a looong time! Argan oil and 100% Pure products. As for make-up, I would have a great shopping spree replacing my stash. Since this is a dream though, the makeup is insured right?

• 4/20/10 9:30 the Muse:

LMAO anna maybe they’ll allow you to skip out on payments if it burned :-D

LOL of course!

• 4/20/10 1:38 Karrie:

All of my makeup is in a drawer thing with wheels.
    So thankfully I could just roll everything out of the house if necessary.
    But out of everything, I can not live without my brow powder and mac 266 brush.

• 4/20/10 10:06 the Muse:

karrie you can’t roll it out the window :-D haha!

• 4/20/10 2:11 Angela:

Oh jeez I’d be doomed. All my makeup is scattered across the surface of my vanity D:
    I’d save my Versace Bright Crystal, Urban Decay Deluxe palette, Blacktrack Fluidline and brushes (luckily I keep those in a short vase so it’d be easy to grab all at once)

• 4/20/10 10:05 the Muse:

angela if I hear the sirens I’ll run over and help grab it :-D

• 4/20/10 9:13 electronicfly:

I don’t think I’ll carry my items out, since I love my life more than makeup… and I think we can collect from insurance to get new stuff, right? :P

• 4/20/10 9:25 the Muse:

aw me too eletronicfly of course post was just for fun :-D life is way more important than makeup that’s for sure!

• 4/20/10 11:03 Elysia Wargo:

hmmmm thats tuff….do I grab my drawer of makeup or my polish stash? Hmmm prolly would end up with the makeup drawer…..although I might have to risk it by grapping both!

• 4/20/10 13:07 the Muse:

GRAB THE MAKEUP elysia! The nail polish might explode in your arms if it gets too hot :D

• 4/20/10 11:37 Ana:

If I had to choose, I’d grab my little make up bag that has my everyday stuff in it that I always use. In it is my Dior pressed powder, Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Covergirl Lash Blast, MUFE full cover & HD concealers, Cosmedicine Medi-Matte, Nars blush in Orgasm, MAC blush in Eversun, LipFusion XL mini-size lip plumper, UD primer potion, Korres eyeshadow in Plum, and Kate Von D Ludwig eyeshadow palette. I’d also have to grab my D&G Light Blue and Narciso Rodriguez for her perfumes! To be honest though, I’d be more worried about my jewelry than my make up. :x I’m a fiend for pretty jewelry.

• 4/20/10 12:53 the Muse:

ana you lose, you burned up while trying to get all that stuff :-D haha only kidding :-D

• 4/20/10 14:14 Ana:

Lol! :) It all fits in this small-medium sized Lesportsac make up bag I have though and I just keep everything in it. So I’d snatch it and leave. :P

• 4/20/10 14:18 the Muse:

ha ana :-D works for me!

• 4/20/10 13:06 Robyn:

GASP
    must buy fire extinguisher to keep in room ASAP

• 4/20/10 13:07 the Muse:

LOL robyn! smart girl!

• 4/20/10 13:53 dangster:

As much as I love my beauty collection, I’d go straight for the bedroom and grab the Silkn Sens Epil home hair remover. That sucker cost me $400–no way am I parting with that!

• 4/20/10 14:02 the Muse:

LOL dangster! LMAO :-D

• 4/20/10 14:02 Stephanie:

My makeup stash is divided between two baskets–one with my frequently used products and one with the products I rarely use but can’t bear to get rid of. Obviously, I would grab the first one! But, for the sake of the questions, if I could only grab ONE product, it would be Benefit Rebel tinted moisturizer.

• 4/20/10 14:06 the Muse:

hi stephanie :-D my sis is a huge fan of rebel too :D

• 4/20/10 14:51 Ceriene:

I keep all my make-up (and favorite jewelry!) in one drawer, so I’d tug it out, pour it all in a bag, and hop into that hot fireman’s arms.

If forced to choose though, I’d snag my Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream, my Bobbi Brown gel liners, my Guerlain Jeu D’Ombre palette, and my brushes.

• 4/20/10 15:33 the Muse:

LOL ceriene :-D that’s a girl!

• 4/20/10 15:37 Shannon:

Oh my gosh, I’m not the only one who thinks about a fire and loosing my beloved stash?!? I am releived! I don’t know what I’d grab, it would have to be pretty discrete because if my husband saw me smoldering while going through my cosmetics he’d probably have me commited (and the firemen who finally drag me outta the burning house would really think I was vain!)

• 4/20/10 15:44 the Muse:

LOL shannon! SAVE the stash don’t worry ’bout the hub!

• 4/20/10 21:05 Rachel:

I would definately grab my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. Its my foundation and concealer, plus it comes with a sponge so there is no need to grab my brushes when I should be getting the heck outta there.

• 4/20/10 21:41 jonnie:

What a horrible thought! If we are strictly talking beauty products, is it cheating to say my whole makeup bag? I have an enormous thing that all my makeup fits in. That would sadly leave me without skincare, but I think I can replace that for FAR less than the cost of replacing my makeup bag. My mind boggles when I think about the amount of money in that bag!

If I’m not thinking beauty products of course I have to say my family pictures… how could I leave those? I will hopefully be wearing my favorite jeans because by the time I grab the makeup and find all the photos I’m also smoldering…

• 4/21/10 2:33 Kelly:

ROFL! Thanks for the giggles ;P

I think I’d have to save my Benefit Dandelion; I’m obsessed with that lately. If I could save other stuff it would either be my Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream (does that count?), Nars Sweet Charity lip gloss, Everyday Minerals base and eyeshadow in Afternoon Tea, Tocca Giulietta perfume (woosh! I can see that exploding!), The Body Shop Sweet Lemon lip butter (thanks for the review btw, I’m now addicted to that line!), oh and my Mustela lotion.

• 4/21/10 2:52 Gia:

It’s all in a little plastic thing with 6 drawers. I would carry it all and run!! But if I had to grab just some stuff I would def grab this Dior Detective Highlighter thing I’ve had forever!! It’s the only bronzer type that look good with my pale skin. And this pink highlighter/blush thing from VS that I bought 3 of when they discontinued and had for sale at the semi-annual sale. And I would def grab my separate lip gloss/lipstick carrier. It has a handle it would be easier to carry!

Funny thing something sorta like this happened. The ceiling in my bathroom was leaking crazy amounts of water for some reason over night and my dad went and moved my entire makeup collection for me so it wouldn’t get ruined. He said in the morning he knows how much money I have spent on it!! Gotta love that!

• 4/21/10 11:44 helena:

I keep my stash in big Muji stack-able organizers, i can only carry 1/3 of them though, but i’d yell at the fireman to help me carry the rest down, and bring his friends to help me save my stash! Too many limited edition items means not replaceable even if i had the cash! =(

• 4/21/10 16:39 the Muse:

hells me too helena :-D too many LE’s :-D

How are you btw dear?

• 4/22/10 15:51 helena:

I’m great! Mac and lunasol are sucking up all my money as usual, but i think Dior’s summer collection will make me spend a fair amount as well! Love their summery eye palettes and i collect their high shine lipsticks and glosses, gorgeous colours!

• 4/22/10 16:04 the Muse:

LOL helena I hear ya :-D i like the palettes from Dior myself need the crush one :-D

• 7/10/10 18:29 courtney:

NO makeup? I’m afraid I would jump face-frist into the fire? Is that sad MUSE? Never mind, is obviously sad. hahahaahah <3 you MUSEEE

• 7/12/10 16:37 the Muse:

LOL totally can relate courtney :)