Cosmetic Storage Solutions: You Need To Save Time and Space

cosmetic storage

Time gets away from me in the morning when I’m busy applying my 30 some odd products. That’s why I obviously NEED some place to store not only my cosmetics but some place that will give me the time of day.

Check this out!

Jump!

The Lips-n-Eyes Cosmetics Organizer puts an end to the frustration of being late for work when you’re busy applying your makeup. This organizer has 23 slots for makeup a top tray PLUS a clock! Exactly what I needed.

cosmetic organizer

Gaudy?

Aw hells yes but the novelty is too good to not enjoy!

Whatcha thinkin’?

$24.98 if you need to save time and space.

• 4/20/10 14:10 Paula:

Yeah, I can’t do that one. I would much rather have one of the Laura Grenier’s storage boxes on my vanity. But, I did get something cool for my regular, not every morning usuage storage needs: http://twitpic.com/1gfmbf 15-drawers! Picked it up over at Office Depot. :)

• 4/20/10 14:18 the Muse:

hey paula laura griener is AWESOME :-D I keep most of my crap in her boxes :-D I really need one of these, Christine swears by ‘em plus it has wheels right? I’d roll that bitch around my room as I apply my makeup lol!

• 4/20/10 21:59 Cristi:

“I’d roll that bitch around my room as I apply my makeup” LOLZ!! I totally would too!! XD

Hm… about the organizer pictured above, I couldn’t ever keep something like that around. My cats would have a field day stealing/knocking over my makeup stuffs! ^^;

I really dig that it has a clock though. Nice touch. :)

• 4/21/10 10:09 the Muse:

LMAO cristi :-D right? LOL you NEED the clock :D

• 4/20/10 17:01 evo:

where did you get that storage unit?? i need one! i don’t think i’ve seen these in canada yet. :(

• 4/20/10 17:14 the Muse:

which one evo? the clock one? the roller one that paula showed us? or the cabinet I have?

• 4/20/10 17:30 Paula:

Because I am quite the enabler, here is the Office Depot link to the 15-drawer organizer I posted up there: http://ow.ly/1AXwo

• 4/21/10 10:18 the Muse:

LOL paula!

• 4/21/10 11:57 evo:

You are the enabler! heehee. Unfortunately I don’t see this on the Canadian site. :( I wonder if it’s available in stores.

• 4/20/10 18:05 evo:

the rolling one! i’ve seen christine and pursebuzz has them. i don’t think i’ve seen them here. i’ve already filled up my 7 drawer cart with everything i have. LOL

• 4/21/10 10:17 the Muse:

evo I really want the helmer one from ikea just to experience it once :D

• 4/20/10 14:41 Kate:

Terrible! Plus all of lipsticks/lip glosses wouldn’t fit in there.

Right now I’m using a office desk organizer for all of my makeup and a plastic basket thing for the rest of it.

I use miss Sassaby organizers though!

• 4/20/10 15:37 the Muse:

omg me too kate! I use office desk organizers too!!!!!!

• 4/20/10 17:52 Kate:

I almost wonder if people secretly design office organizers to double as cosmetics cases. I swear the one I have now is brilliant for cosmetics! Far better than any caboodle makeup case thing.

• 4/21/10 10:18 the Muse:

THEY DO kate!!!!!!! LOL! I swear I use office organizers for ALL my stash it’s pretty damn funny!

• 4/20/10 14:46 Paula:

Yeah, I think Christine has two of the single drawer ones – they are taller. I don’t need that (*yet). It does have wheels – I started without the wheels on it, but then was all “heck, no, i wanna move this around”. LOL! You’d def dig it.

• 4/20/10 15:40 Kat:

No way, this is absolutely amazing. Ab-so-lutely.

• 4/20/10 16:39 Lillian:

Oooh this would be useful! But i just bought new storage X/
    I’m a new follower by the way :)

• 4/20/10 16:51 the Muse:

hi lillian :-D good to meet you! *hugs*

• 4/20/10 17:24 Marcy:

Not sure if I like the nail polish slots – would rather if there were more holders for lipsticks and eyeliners XD The lack of eyeliner space is what is bothering me I think about the holder. Like the clock though!!!

• 4/20/10 17:31 The Makeup Block:

My makeup is a bit everywhere. I have a plastic hello kitty lunch box, a bigger lunch box( i don’t know what it is with the lunchboxes?!) , a big hello kitty vanity case and a toolbox like thing for all my makeup, but most of the time most of my makeup is sprawled across my bathroom counter top, lol :)

• 4/22/10 13:24 Ashe:

I laughed really hard at your comment in regards to the lunchboxes, but all the HK stuff sounds like me. XD

• 4/20/10 17:53 JC:

You know, it’s a great idea for storage but I wouldn’t use it cause I have too much cosmetics! =) All kidding aside, I don’t think it should be left in the bathroom though b/c water vapors can cause mold and ruin the products. Thanks for sharing Muse!

• 4/21/10 10:18 the Muse:

agreed jc prob wouldn’t be so fab for the clock.

My pleasure!

• 4/20/10 23:11 Kirstie:

I don’t think that this would be good for me… there are no places to put Tarte cheek stains or eye shadows. It is really meant for a lot of lip sticks and/or glosses. But the idea behind it is good!

• 4/20/10 23:21 jackieg02:

I need a makeup storage intervention. I totally dislike what I got going on now and I think this thing you showed looks creepy.

I like the storage solution that someone twitpic’ed earlier, and I have looked for that in Office Depot, but I can’t find it in store. Only online. I think I really would like to see it in store first.

• 4/21/10 8:40 the Muse:

lol jackie I thought gaudy not so much creepy :-D Have you tried anything from Lori greiner? She makes some seriously awesome storage units!

• 4/21/10 1:28 Ann:

It’s amazing! My most used make-up is just all over now. This would make it more organised.

• 4/21/10 9:05 Stephanie:

That’s pretty cool! I’m not sure I would use it, but in theory it’s a great idea. And the clock is a nice touch!

• 4/21/10 10:07 Pavlina:

Wow, I am so buying one of those. Way better than my wee overflowing “daily” makeup rotation I keep in the bathroom. I love this, :)

• 4/21/10 14:34 Robyn:

meh hates it cause sods law dictates the lipgloss/mascara you would want would be the one not in this storage thing

(is sods law a brittish thing or do you get me?)

• 4/21/10 15:14 the Muse:

LOL true robyn!

LOL yes I got ya :-D we have “Murphy’s Law” :-D but I totally know sods law lol. My xboyfriend is very British and have alot of British friends (my best friend is) so def familiar with it all :-D

• 4/21/10 15:16 Rengirl:

It looks way too limiting and the bulk/storage potential ratio is way off. I think it’s easier keep some kind of clock next to my vanity. Put me in the desk/office organizer camp! Reasonably priced and works very well.

• 4/21/10 19:59 Charmaine:

Hey you!

oh, it’s awful! but I like it for its awfulness, and the clock, that is too fun! for me I would like it even more if it came in fun colors. but I keep my stuff in a few of those Sterilite clear-ish plastic drawer-thingies, and since I have SO many GWP bags I keep stuff stashed in some of those, too! might as well not have them go to waste, yeah? lol *hugs*

• 4/22/10 15:25 the Muse:

LOL charmaine my thoughts exactly, gaudy! :-D I always stink at using samples tbh!

Hugs to YOU dear long time no speak!

• 4/22/10 13:27 Ashe:

I like this unit but I think it’s more handy for like, “This is what I’m using at the moment and in the morning before I leave,” rather than a long-term storage deal. This is supplementary and most of us on here need an actual room for beauty products to go with this.

Having said all that, I love your beauty storage posts!!!

• 4/22/10 13:30 the Muse:

hi ashe I didn’t really love it myself but I agree good for morning uses but not for entire collections :-D

• 4/22/10 20:57 Brittany:

Awww I’m definitely going to get this for my mother. She’s such a makeup addict and former cosmetoligst who taught me everything I know. She’s been in the hospital for a while now though so maybe it will cheer her up and make her finally get better :(

• 4/23/10 11:12 the Muse:

aww brittany I hope she feels better REALLY soon!