L’occitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection Cosmetics 1

Remember my original post about the L’occitane Makeup Collection? At the time this was news that had hit British shores but I’m now happy to report its very much alive and kicking on US shores and in stores too!

Anyone seeing it yet at their local L’occitane?

Jump!

I played with the collection last night and must say its quite delightful, very affordable, and has a few lovely pieces that are sure to please. L’occitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection appears to have been released to keep the new L’occitane Peony Eau de Toilette company. I’m hopeful to makeup line will evolve if its successful and have extra pieces added on in the future. At the moment you can indulge in eyeshadow, lipstick, gloss, and face powders in an array of softer shades. L’occitane created a nifty little widget which allows you to select your skin type and the look you’re going for (day or night) and it’ll suggest various products from the new Peony Makeup Collection that will look suitable on your skin type. Check it out at usa.loccitane.com its kinda a fun experience.

Without further commentary for me here are a few great pictures of the new makeup collection!

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection 4

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection 3

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection 2

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection 1

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection 6

Loccitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection 5

L’occitane En Provence Blush Like a Peony Lip & Cheek Tinted Water was one thing I didn’t have the pleasure of seeing. I’m always up for cheek stains and this was intriguing!

The lipstick and glosses are $14 each, blushes and shadows $16, and face powders $28. I thought the lip products very reasonable priced as well as the blushes and shadows but the face powders are a tiny bit high but the design is so pretty you might disregard the price tag.

Some of the face powders and shadows won’t appeal to everyone since they run towards pastels and the formula a tad chalky but I need to explore further.

Anyone check L’occitane En Provence Peony Makeup Collection yet?

What are your first impressions?

Do you think its something you’ll be indulging in this Spring?

Do share!

Available now from usa.loccitane.com

• 4/23/10 10:53 Vonvon:

I have seen this earlier, and heard it would be coming here. But so far haven’t seen them in the stores yet.

I love Peony flowers. In fact, Bath & Body Works Peony range is one of my all-time favorites. And a Peony makeup collection would be nice to ‘complement’ it! ;)

• 4/23/10 10:59 the Muse:

vonvon you’re going to adore it, its really quite cute :-D

• 4/23/10 10:56 Stephanie:

Ooooh very pretty! I love the packaging. The app is fun too. I will have to stop by L’Occitane when I go shopping next. I’d love to try the tinted water.

• 4/23/10 10:58 the Muse:

i wanna try the tinted water too Stephanie :-D but sadly mt shop didn’t have it GRRR :-D but the packaging is crazy cute!

• 4/23/10 22:05 Ceriene:

I love L’Occitane’s products and I had no idea they were coming up with a make-up collection. Thanks for the heads up, Muse! Those blushes and lipsticks look really good. :>

• 4/27/10 16:36 the Muse:

my pleasure ceriene :)

• 4/24/10 13:43 Paola:

This is the first time I write, but I follow your blog since forever! And I love it, of course!
    I love l’Occitane products, their mosturizers are the best!Still waiting for the new Peony line to come out here tough!
    I want to try everything from the make-up line!Is that bad? :-D

p.s. I’m from Italy, so you are internationally famous! :-)

• 4/24/10 19:22 Fuuka1209:

I saw it when I went shopping a few days ago. They are really pushing it for Mother’s Day. The peony perfume is divine! It is like the peony fragrance that Bath & Body Works discontinued, sadly…..All the packaging is recylced paper/cardboard. The water was more like a soup to me. Definately not watery it was very pigmented with sparkles in it. I was too afraid to try it for I had plans later.

• 4/27/10 16:01 the Muse:

hey fuuka isn’t it? I picked the fragrance up :-D sadly they didn’t have the stain at my store but will check back, curious ’bout it!

• 4/25/10 8:28 Anitacska:

I love these images, everything looks so pretty. There’s a L’Occitane in my town, but I haven’t seen the make up range yet, I think it launches in May over here. Will definitely check it out, the shadows and blushes remind me of Paul & Joe that I can’t buy here easily.

• 4/27/10 15:55 the Muse:

hey anita I’m surprised you guys don’t already have it!

• 4/25/10 15:55 Missey:

I purchased several items from this line and was, unfortunately, largely disappointed. The tinted water is barely pigmented at all (I have very fair skin, so for something to not show up on my skin is a feat) and has a bizarre metallic sheen when used on the lips. The glosses do not last long and the peony scent gives me an itch in my throat. The face color powders are nice, but once again, not heavily pigmented. I love l’occitane, but I’m going to have to say, stick with their skincare products!

• 4/27/10 15:53 the Muse:

aw sorry to hear it missey! So far tried the lipstick, face powder, and gloss and not too bad!