Yay or Nay: Sephora Colorful Duo Eyeshadow

Sephora Eye Shadow Duo

Its no big secret that I’m NOT the biggest Sephora Makeup fan in the world. However, I will admit the new Sephora Colorful Duo Eyeshadows caught my eye. I love duos because they make contrasting easy as cake and ice cream and I’m guessin’ that’s why I was all eyes when when I seen these from Sephora.

Yay or Nay?

Sadly, gotta go with nay! They look nice enough and I could even possibly be swayed to buy one or two but sadly the $16 price tag makes them a big nay for me. For that price I could go high end.

What do you think?

Yay it or Nay it, the choice is yours!

• 4/22/10 20:47 donna:

nay for sure

• 4/22/10 22:15 Reyna:

Hmm, nay for me. Your right you could go high end with that price. :/
    Although I do want to try there 5 in 1 color story palette.

• 4/23/10 11:11 the Muse:

me too reyna was playing with it yesterday kinda fun LOL!

• 4/22/10 22:18 M.A.C.nunu:

Question should be Why?
    Why spend C$21 on a house brand eyeshadow that is chalky and has poor colour payoff -__-
    For that price, you can get a MAC shadows…

• 4/23/10 11:11 the Muse:

agreed nunu my point exactly :)

• 4/22/10 22:48 Comrade_Garlic:

Nay. Sephora really needs to get rid of the store line. I don’t understand how the Kat VonD line could be so nice while the Sephora brand is so bad. It may be fine for a non junkie. But that’s really not their core shopper.

• 4/23/10 10:06 the Muse:

comrade agreed they did an incredible joy with kvd why not their own line? occasionally they release some nice stuff but most times its a miss!

• 4/23/10 1:11 Brooke:

Just found your site and it is great!
    On another note: I’m not a fan of Sephora makeup either so I doubt I will be purchasing any of these!

• 4/23/10 8:57 the Muse:

welcome brooke great to meet you :-D

Me either, rarely have success with sephora makeup :D

• 4/23/10 3:05 regina:

ooh looks pretty but yea the price is a bit off putting.

• 4/23/10 5:46 dina:

oohhhh tropical blue duo so pretty! i would see i’d wanna feel the texture of these first ~ sephora is fo sho hit or miss :)

• 4/23/10 10:05 the Muse:

me too d. sometimes awesome, most times not :D

• 4/23/10 9:18 Stephanie:

I agree–for the price, I probably would go for something else. The only reason I have ever been enticed to go with the Sephora brand is because it’s usually cheaper, so if I can get another brand for a similar price, it is not likely I will go with the Sephora version.

• 4/23/10 10:04 the Muse:

me either stephanie particularly when I can get mac. Sephora is hit and miss, occasionally they come up with a real winner but must say its a tad over priced at times!

• 4/23/10 12:48 mercedes:

hmmm,yay! i think if people never try something they will never know what it is like.I’m willing to try it,even though the price is quite obscene (cheaper=amazing mac shadows) i think that just cuz someone has bas expierences with a brand they shoudnt give up! ( i think of it as getting the crappy stuff out of the way,and then everything else might be amazing,you never know!) oh, well everyone has their veiws.LOVE YA MUSE,happy weekend chica! ;D

• 4/23/10 18:14 Cheryl:

I’m not a fashion victim but I have to go with nay, these shades are just 2003-2005!

• 4/23/10 20:29 Karrie:

I would have to say nay.
    The in-store brand should always be cheaper since it has to compete with the better and well known brands.

• 4/23/10 22:39 Donna:

First off, too many Donnas up in here. :)

I have personally never tried Sephora brand eyeshadows. But for me, Kat VonD’s shadows were the suck. I got one of the palettes when they first came out, Beethoven I think? I’m too lazy to look it up. The purpley one. The shadows had a decent formula, but not fabulous. And the color payoff was meh. All the purples were grayish. I’m sorry, I am not a KVD for Sephora fan. In my humble opinion, I think they really were Sephora brand shadows repackaged in a fancy palette.

• 5/20/10 19:41 Sarah:

I say yay. I have this duo and it is absolutely perfect. I usually wear MAC shadows-and to blend them I need 2 shadows at $15 each. With this, I can get 2 shadows that blend together perfectly-for only a dollar more than one MAC shadow. I absolutely love Sephora brand shadows. They can make such subtle or such vibrant colors and they stay on all day! They’re so easy to blend with other shadows too! :)

• 6/10/10 17:28 Misato-san:

I’m not a big fan of Sephora make up too (but I like some of the colorful eyeshadows… when they are on sale XD I had the chance of buying some of them for 3 euros each – usually they costs like… 11 euro here in Italy? something like that), but I have to tell I like this one.
    I didn’t purhased it yet because the price is really something, but I like it and I hope they will discount it someday ^^