Beauty Confessions: Pop It!

Pimple Pop1

Beauty confession time kids.

Gather round now….

There is one thing that is so very satisfying and evokes such an accomplisment in this Muse…..

Jump!

Poppin’ a pimple.

Hey, no shame in my game. I’m a popper.

You can preach, you can lecture, you can yell, and you can tell me all the reasons why I should never, ever pop a pimple but I wouldn’t listen because there is nothing as satisfying as popping a big old pimple and watching that bad boy squirt. Gross? Maybe but I don’t care, I lurve it.

Well…maybe there is one thing that’s equally satisfying….

Picking a scab! Oh yeah baby!

Are you woman enough to admit you pop?

Or maybe you’re one of those straight lace types that lectures others about the dangers, gasp, of, OMG, popping a pimple!

Or maybe you’re the one that whips out some Clearasil and goes to work treatin’ it.

Confess it, do you pop, treat, or maybe you lecture…..?

• 5/18/10 14:55 Phyrra:

I use the Angels on Bare Skin as a treatment, the way you recommended it to me :P I HATE popping a zit, and I hate leaving it. They hurt :(

• 5/18/10 15:13 the Muse:

ugh sometimes I get the monster ones on my chin dd. feels like a ton of pressure on my face if I leave it so pop it I do!

• 5/18/10 14:56 Tamara:

I pop, however being a licensed aesthetician means i pop it the right way(pull, mound, rock/roll or lancet and <)

tis how i roll haha

• 5/18/10 15:08 the Muse:

tamara gimme more gimme more…LOL I really haven’t a freaking clue how to use a lancet to do blackheads…gimme deets :-D

• 5/18/10 16:02 donna:

how do you properly pop your zits? I wanna know so I don’t keep scarring my face. :)

• 5/18/10 16:08 the Muse:

no idea donna :-D LOL I just go at it by squeezing :D but tamara maybe will enlighten us!

• 5/18/10 15:06 LINDARRAGNAR:

I am such a popper :D even if it hurts (i.e upper lip or eyebrow) its such a rewarding feeling knowing that atleast the pus (sp?) is gone

popping pimples is gross but not as gross as the puseing pimples that are like valocanoes on peoples faces LOL

• 5/18/10 15:10 the Muse:

i get them on my cheek occasionally linda or my chin those are the WORST oh the agony!

ewwwww a good friend mine in HS was loaded with acne and man did she have some oozing ones! It was hard not to just stare.

• 5/18/10 15:35 LINDARRAGNAR:

oh muse!! I heard that the ones on the cheeks are the easiest to scar with?!

yeah I get some on my chin like lower they don’t hurt but I know what you mean with the pressure D:<

I cannot wait till im older and this acne hopefully lessens. ( I only get 1-2 breakouts a month but Im so fed up with it)

yeah I feel bad too when I stare lol. its quite nice having a class with mostly freshmens, who have it the worst :D

• 5/18/10 21:42 the Muse:

do they linda? I thought the chin ones did! you’ll have acne adult size to worry about later in life lol. hell I’m twice your age and I still get a pimple or two :D

• 5/18/10 15:15 Lillian:

I LOVE popping spots and blackheads, i actually wish i got them more often! I also pick scabs and… ok super gross, i eat them! :P I also love watching other people popping theirs. it is just so satisfying.

• 5/18/10 15:34 the Muse:

u eat your scabs lillian? LOL ok I think I heard it all now LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5/18/10 17:45 Lillian:

It’s scabby goodness baby! … God i am foul!

• 5/18/10 15:43 Kristina:

Oh icky! You ate your boogers too when you were kid didn’t you? :)

• 5/18/10 16:28 the Muse:

LOL kristina LMAO!

• 5/18/10 17:45 Lillian:

You bet i did! XD

• 5/18/10 15:34 Brooke:

I feel better after I pop them because if I don’t, I feel like they are screaming at everyone for attention. However, I have to wash my face afterward or else I feel dirty and get self conscious that the ooze from popping it is going to make me break out more…I’m a weirdo.
    Also, those lancet things HURT! Maybe I need some info on that, too!

• 5/18/10 15:40 Nunu:

I pop, but I try to wait until they’re ripe n juicy before I pop, those ones that are just great big lumps with nothing in them hurt like a mofo when you try to pop them.
    I swear I can feel the air in my unblocked pores after I pop it n get all that nasty gunk out.
    Sometimes it hits the mirror….
    Thankfully I don’t get those great big pus filled ones anymore, but now I like to squeeze out embedded black heads with bobby pins.
    OMG Muse, you make us tell you all our gross habits!!!

• 5/18/10 16:30 the Muse:

LMAO Nunu I simply drag it out of you don’t I?

I sit with a 200x times mirror and pop…so I can see the oozing puss come out in HD quality LMAO

• 5/18/10 16:31 the Muse:

nunu I sit with a 200x mirror and pop so I can see the oozing in HD quality LMAO!

of course I drag all the nasty confessions out!

• 5/18/10 15:41 addicted_j.t.:

i am ashamed to say not only am i a popper … i am an avid picker!! ugh lord help me i have to wear oven mitts when i’m at home because i do it absentmindedly while : watching tv, reading, or the worst… online shopping!!! i wish i knew of a good blemish cream that wouldnt make me want to tear up every time i put it on

• 5/18/10 15:41 Kristina:

I am a pimple and blackhead popper! It’s super satisfying and that’s why I like those pore strips too. Never scabs though – that grosses me out!

• 5/18/10 16:29 the Muse:

god I love nose strips kristina :-D

• 5/18/10 15:50 Wendy:

I usually will take a clean needle and make a tiny hole in the center, then hold a cotton ball doused in clarifying lotion over top for 1-2 mins. It’s usually gone in the morning :)

• 5/18/10 16:28 the Muse:

wendy so can’t do needles, scared hold me

• 5/18/10 18:33 jonnie:

Ooh, that sounds like a better idea than the awful squeezing I do… I will have to try this. Sometimes my chin wouldn’t look nearly as bad as it does if i didn’t pop them so much, or squeeze the blackheads… sigh. I pick at scabs too… don’t eat them, though! Yikes!

• 5/18/10 16:01 donna:

I am a total picker. My mom yells at me when she sees my face all red. I get them on my back too and it makes me sad because I can’t reach them. :(

• 5/18/10 16:28 the Muse:

oh no backne is the worst donna!

• 5/18/10 16:02 Dina:

i’m a popper and my family knows it so they recruit me. i rarely get an opportunity on myself but i’ve corrupted my kid too. i can’t even fathom how people can walk around with whiteheads or blackheads and not address them. yuck!

• 5/18/10 16:02 Ally_D:

I confess I’m a popper too. I use Temptalia’s rule of 3 though – if it dosen’t pop by the 3rd squeeze then I leave it alone. I have been known though to put a hot compress on a zit in an attempt to soften and ripen it for squeezing :-)

I’ve tried not to squeeze them but I just can’t walking around with a big yellow head pulsating brightly, like neon.

• 5/18/10 16:27 the Muse:

LOL ally christine has a rule of 3? funny as hell!

• 5/18/10 16:16 Coral:

I try not to… I last as long as possible. But I’m impatient. I can’t stand it a pimple or black head being on my face for very long. If it seems like those cleansers and spot treatments aren’t working fast enough and give in.
    Oh, how I do love popping a pimple though. And as weird as it sounds, I try to get my boyfriend to let me go to town on his face. But he rarely agrees to it.

• 5/18/10 16:50 Sydni A.:

It is so satisfying! I am definitely a popper.

• 5/18/10 17:08 LithiaBlack:

I’m a popper…I’ve always been. I don’t get pimples or blackheads so often in my face anymore since I started to OCM but I get them on my body and there is something very satisfying with squeezing those little buggers until they die…
    When I was younger and had lots of them I used to put toothpaste on them (spot treatment) so they dried out over night….

/L

• 5/18/10 17:09 Julianna:

I really hate myself for doing it. I’ve been seeing a dermatologist for 4 years now and I absolutely know better, but I’ve been breaking out a lot lately. I popped this painful zit last night and of course I had this TERRIBLE large, round, red scabby thing this morning. I hope I learn my lesson. There’s no covering it. My only solution was to put some Visine on it every few hours to reduce some redness.

• 5/18/10 21:03 the Muse:

julianna use my technique, slap a band aid on, tell people u walked into a wall :D

• 5/18/10 17:23 Hazel:

i pop and i don’t get scars! XD

• 5/18/10 17:27 mercedes:

ugh such a popper! even though it really gross,it’s really satisfying. Wont pick my scabs hurts like heck, plus it will just come back so whats the point? But when i pop i make sure to sanatize first. Whip out the clearsil, put it on the nasty little monster, then pop. Wash my fingers and fingernails with antibactreial soap twice then i put a bit more clearasil on the pimple.but for some reason lately i have just been putting acne treatments on at night and leaving it alone.

• 5/18/10 19:27 niewniewjen:

*shudrrrr* I pop, too =P but its SO SCARY to see people who don’t pop them and end up having a collection of white dots all over their face – makes me want to cry Q_Q but I don’t get any giant monster pimples anymore so yayyy!

AND… Muse I <3 < 3 <3 your blog!!! …^(*0*)^ bear huggles!

• 5/18/10 21:09 the Muse:

ew jen that’s the worst! :P

Aw shucks thanks *hugzzzzzzzzzzzz*

• 5/18/10 20:49 Tohnia:

I’m a popper. I have 3 whoppers on my cheek right now, and one of them is the kind where you pop it once…then it grows again…then you pop it…and then it grows often in about an HOUR! Takes like 3 days to get rid of! I pop, then I put some Benzagel 5 on. I pick scabs too. lol. I’m so gross. And I love pore strips! Seeing what comes out of your nose is so gross but SO interesting!

• 5/18/10 21:50 Kaoru:

I’m a popper, and a blackhead squeezer. I have the techniques down, hehe. Clean your skin, have sanitized hands, sanitize them afterwards (don’t want to spread the bacteria), and clean the skin afterwards, as well. The worst are the ones that just have nothing in them (I don’t even try those). I hate blackheads with a mad passion, and no matter what I do, get them on my nose ;P.

I don’t pick scabs, though. I scar too easily for that. I don’t scar if it’s a zit or blackhead, but a scab is a do not touch item.

• 5/18/10 23:08 Melissa:

I was a popper until I met zeno hot spot. So if I catch the one zit a month I get on my forhead near my hairline before it get’s big, A couple zaps with zeno and it’s not popable!

• 5/19/10 4:43 Betty:

I used to pop all the time. But my skin don’t heal as fast so I dab neutrogena on the spot these days :) However, I do attack my blackheads like no tomorrow.

• 5/19/10 7:48 Marloes:

Have you ever noticed that you get a lot more comments when you start talking about gross stuff?? Body hair, facial hair, zits… and BAM! The ladies start talking!

It’s so… bonding, isn’t it? Who’s in for some kumbaya?

• 5/19/10 9:00 the Muse:

kumbayaaaaaaa my lord kumbayaaaaaaaa group hug too marloes? :-D LOL!

• 5/19/10 16:49 Ashe:

Muse! I have terrible acne so I’m on Accutane to cure it, but my face is pretty bad still! I have this huge mountain that just thirty minutes ago, I popped and it was like, cyst pus.

Sometimes just washing my face (very gently because my face is tender now) pops them without me even trying!

• 5/26/10 16:47 the Muse:

oh gosh ashe. that sounds kinda painful hun :(

• 5/19/10 18:10 Rengirl:

When I got my first facial I learned how to do “extractions” and I have been doing it ever since. Yes – it is ultimate satisfaction seeing the pus ooze out and the hardened comodone popping out. I use an extractor tool.

• 5/20/10 12:09 Emma:

oh man I wanna zeno.
    yeah I pick n pop.

• 5/20/10 23:31 Ali:

I’ve popped a few zits here and there, and dang, is it satisfying. Sadly, the zits that I DON’T pop end up leaving scars. Kind of annoying. I’m going to end up being good friends with a dermatologist in my future, I’m sure. I want the scars gone!

Just a question. How DO you extract blackheads, exactly? I’ve got a whole bunch on my nose that are pissing me off. I only know how to deal with monster zits. XD

• 5/23/10 16:51 Josh:

Ok, I’m an esthetician as well.. don’t pop your zits the wrong way! It can leave unrepairable scars (unless you go through laser therapy). Like Tamara was saying, you put two fingers on either side of the pimple, stretch out wards, then roll down and up, as if pushing the zit from underneath, then wiggle either finger until the white stuff is all the way out. It hurts this way, but it also makes sure that the bacteria doesn’t go back into your skin and create even more zits! I hope that made sense.. You can also buy and extractor at Sephora, and that’s pretty self-explanatory. It hurts though :( Have you tried Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion Muse? Gets rid of my whiteheads overnight :D

• 5/26/10 11:52 the Muse:

hey josh thanks for the tips :-D No…I actually tried a dry lotion recently umm votre vu, pretty much the same concept, I liked it alot actually :D

• 4/21/11 22:26 Rish:

When I spot one bad pimple on my face I just cant sleep without popping it all the way out, because if I wont, it would stay there for weeeeeeeeks! Plus, whenever I leave a pimple behind even if Im asleep my boyfriend would wake me up by surgically popping it LOL (using extractor or a tweezer to pull the rice grain out LOL) My boyfriend and I are our own dermatologist/pimple surgeon LOL. Love all your post and the way you write or type things, I never felt bored!