New in Beauty: Lush Ultrabalm

Lush Ultrabalm

I have a serious thing for balms. Could be the multitasking tendencies but balms are so my best friend on most days.

That’s why I’m excited about the new Lush Ultrabalm!

Lush Ultrabalm is a petroleum-free, mineral oil free formula that you can multitask with. Made up of a mix of candelilla wax and jojoba oil you can use this smooth balm to sooth irritations, lock in moisturize, use as a barrier cream when applying henna, as a lip balm to sooth chapped lips or for added moisturize, or use it to heal scrapes, cuts, and bruises.

Ahh yes it’s always about the multitasking when it comes to balms isn’t it?

Loves it!

Lush Ultrabalm is available now from Lush UK.

Too bad the warm weather is already here because I’d so be ordering myself a tin or two.

• 5/17/10 12:53 Stephanie:

Ooooh I need this! I’m anxious to smell it. Lush scents can be hit or miss for me.

• 5/17/10 13:00 Vanessa:

I would love to get my hand on this during the colder months.

• 5/17/10 15:55 Jayme:

Im going to be the debbie downer post, but idk if i would buy that balm from lush. There are plenty of brands that make heavy duty balms (like bag balm for example) that work excelently and are unscented so you dont have to deal with competing scents.

The best part of the other brands though is the price, why buy from an expensive brand like lush when a “drugstore” brand works just as well if not better

• 5/17/10 18:06 Heather:

Although. Lush is expensive, a little bit goes a long way!

• 5/17/10 19:20 the Muse:

i concur heather :)

• 5/17/10 23:24 Melissa:

Do you think If I order this now it will melt in transit? I haven’t mail ordered anything from Lush when the temp here is over 100 before. The girls at my store told me not to mail order the serums but since this is in a tin…? I see you as a lushie expert so what do you think? :)

• 5/18/10 21:06 the Muse:

don’t do it melissa. it’ll be ruined. same for the serums. no matter a tin or not it’ll be like burning $$ as it’ll arrive melted and gross and destroyed. wait until store gets it OR wait until Fall/Winter doll!

I want it myself but def won’t order for this reason, I’ve had the experience before :)

• 5/22/10 2:08 Melissa:

ok ok I’ll wait – but I hope the store gets it soon.

• 5/18/10 3:17 rowan:

i have this, it’s actually unscented. i’ve used it on my elbows & lips and it works nicely, it’s very moisturising and smooth.

• 5/18/10 9:56 the Muse:

rowan sounds gorg :D

• 5/18/10 3:59 Bora:

It’s not just you Muse… look what Etude House released a while back

Personally I don’t love that it’s in a plastic tub rather than tin but you do get a whopping 30g for a decent price. It has argan oil in it but I’m not sure if it’s a mineral oil base, unlike the Ultrabalm.

• 5/19/10 12:12 the Muse:

omg I seen this and the new cheek tints too…I want those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5/23/10 0:30 Florence:

Hey Muse! =)

I was wondering if you can do a review on Lush Celestial Moisturizer! On the website, it claims it’s pretty amazing for sensitive skin but I want to hear your honest opinion. Thanks in advance! =)

• 5/23/10 20:31 the Muse:

hi florence I don’t have celestial as it’s not suitable for my skin sadly. You can go to lush and ask for a small sample to check it out for yourself :)

• 3/13/11 18:53 Brittany:

This stuff is great!
    I generally have (alright) skin as far as pimples go, but I found that whenever I tried to use anything to help heal my chapped lips I break out like crazy along my lip line!!
    The girl who helped me at Lush explained to me that Ultrabalm actually mimics our natural oils and sebum which prevents the breakout.

I absolutely love this product, it has saved my lips.
    (Not to mention it feels smooth and wonderful.)

I would suggest this to anyone with sensitive/acne prone skin.

Thanks Lush :) !