Wants It: Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender

Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender 2

I think I needs the new Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender.

Indeed, defending my face, I’m all about that. Wonder if it comes with a lightsaber…

Jump!

I was watchin’ Mally Beauty on QVC early this morning prior to heading to my office. It was some episodes I had Tivo’ed up from the weekend and looks like I missed a whole lot as she has some interesting new bits and bobs one of which is the Poreless Face Defender.

Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender is a transparent gel-like product that diffuses the look of pores and fine lines while helping makeup to last all day and mattifies skin keeping it shiny free without the ashy look of powder.

Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender 1

Mally was pretty darn excited about it and proceeded to hyperventilate over how fab this was at prolonging make wear. She used it over a full makeup look which kinda makes me a little wary as I’m not keen on using primer after makeup but honestly she had me rolling around in fits of excitement that maybe, just maybe, it’ll make my makeup look fresh and awesome all day long.

Yes, I must have this now.

What do you think?

Have you ever used a primer after makeup?

Has it worked?

Share it!

Learn more at www.mallybeauty.com

• 5/11/10 14:34 kelly:

I love it. I don’t know that you will care for it, tho – it is basically a glob of silicone and I don’t think you fall into the silicone camp of primer lovers. (But I could be wrong!) I really like it. You just have to be sure to use a little bit and not go nuts.

• 5/11/10 15:20 the Muse:

kelly lemming killed! Do not like silicone :-D ha! what’s your skin type!?

• 5/11/10 15:57 kelly:

I have really dry skin, so I like those primers. Although I am working on a “project” now involving primers and am surprised what is working the best!

• 5/11/10 16:08 the Muse:

kelly shocked u have dry skin and still like this interesting I’m second guessing maybe I need to get it!

• 5/12/10 6:39 jonnie:

I want to know about this project! Sounds interesting.

• 5/11/10 14:50 Stephanie:

It sounds like Benefit’s Dr Feelgood, which I used to love but have kind of gotten over.

• 5/11/10 15:19 the Muse:

yes it kinda does stephanie!

• 5/11/10 14:51 Karrie:

I just watched the little video on QVC about this product.
    This product sounds perfect for me because I use a powder foundation.
    But I’m not too sure about putting it over my makeup the way she does it.
    You have to dip into it and then apply to a made up face.
    Then you dip into it again with the same sponge and continue applying.
    I’m not sure how I would keep the product clean.

But this sounds like something I would want to try.

• 5/11/10 15:21 the Muse:

I agree Karrie somewhat wary about the application technique!

• 5/11/10 15:35 DivineMsN:

LOL! You DVR QVC? Why haven’t I thought of that!!!

• 5/11/10 15:40 the Muse:

are you kiddin’ divine? of course I do LOL that way I can fast forward through all that yammering and just focus on what looks interesting!

• 5/11/10 16:03 Dina:

I dvr qvc also. makes my family nuts. but i can’t be up until 2 am to watch this stuff.

• 5/11/10 16:08 the Muse:

plus I hate watching the complete show dina :-D I skip through most of it that’s the best part right?

• 5/11/10 22:38 Dina:

who am i kidding, i dvr everything.

• 5/12/10 9:20 the Muse:

lol dina me too nand never have time to watch it lmao

• 5/11/10 15:52 Kristina:

I’m confused. Why is it called “primer” if you put it on last? I’m not going to paint my walls and then prime them…. Things like this actually really annoy me – I’m way too Type A and anal!
    I was watching her on QVC last night for a bit when she was showing her foundation. Ever tried? As good as it looks?

• 5/11/10 16:24 the Muse:

lol kristina I hear ya :-D haven’t tried base but sounds incredible doesn’t it?

• 5/11/10 15:56 kelly:

I DVR the Q also! I don’t use a sponge, btw, I use a flat top brush. You have to apply it super lightly or it doesn’t work and is a mess. It takes practice, but if you like a silicone finish, it is heavenly.

• 5/11/10 16:09 the Muse:

I got the NARS one kelly (primer) kinda reminds me of this a little bit, flat top brush would work great I’m sure as sponge seems a little too gross!

• 5/11/10 17:24 kelly:

Totally agree that the sponge makes it a little gross. I prefer a silicone based primer, despite having dry skin. The lotion-y ones don’t seem to do much for me…or so I thought. I do prefer the feel of the silicone…

• 5/11/10 22:38 Dina:

ok, i was inspired by this product (especially since i have several of these “primers” and none of them are working that great). so i was thinking, why not try it after the fact. so i broke out my smashbox anti-shine and my beauty blender and by god it seems to work. maybe the product is not the magic, it’s the technique. boy if i could use up all these primers i would feel so accomplished. :-)

• 5/11/10 16:34 nancy:

i’ve been eyeing this as well!!!

• 5/11/10 19:48 PauFM:

it resembles the blot gel from VS makeup soooo much! and if it in fact is similar to that one, then yes, it’s just a bunch of silicone :(

• 5/14/10 21:21 Renata:

hmmmm Benefit Dr Feelgood is beautiful over makeup.